Characters
Tiffa, Kitty Witch
Platform
  1. Android
  2. PC
I think the Devs need to look at the Code for Dropped Rewards. I think something has gotten messed up over the last few Updates.
I do not think it is a RNG problem just a small error in the code when they added the Shaman Classes.

Firebird

Wizard
Platform
  1. PC
I ran the last 3 traven zones on my little nature hunter looking for a bow and got 9 marksman and no nature. :(

Fluffed

Reader
Characters
Fluffed
Platform
  1. iOS
I was reading on newbie guides since i started recently. Read about how loot would apparently drop based on the mastery you selected, which was okay for my first two rebirths. At my third one, I experienced the same thing as everyone else. As I asked in the world chat, they just suggested to have crafted gear. I want some dropped skills though, which is why I agree with those saying to pop those runed equips you dont need in AH please. I do the same (just adding 2 silver about the selling cost) and some buy it off. It probably is working as such to have trade ongoing and have more community interaction...?

Esmee

Wizard
Characters
Esmee Goldenflame
Platform
  1. Android
  2. PC
  3. Steam
I had the same problem while running fungal. I am a fire wiz and was on the hunt for better books, rings and trinkets for my current level. 90% of the drops were for ice and when I got rare or better it was also for ice. I was frustrated and put an ice necklace and an ice ring on to see if that would make a difference....it did! I started getting 90% fire drops! When I found good enough fire gear I replaced the equipped ice gear with what I really wanted and then sold to a vendor. I think this might be intentional on the devs part. Maybe they want to make the auction house of more use and also increase the trade chanel. Promote interactiveness between players. Idk, just my thoughts on it. If you're really frustrated though, try equipping a couple of pieces of opposite sub class gear until you find what you're looking for. A loophole so to speak...for now

Reactions: ishanroyc
  • Likex1

Sinjin

Jack Of All Trades
Platform
  1. iOS
Quest rewards (with the exception of raid quests, which are broken) will follow your mastery, so if you’re a fire wiz and an item is given as a quest reward, it will be for a fire wiz.

Rebirth just makes it weird because it randomly selects subclass; it doesn’t care which one you picked when you rolled the toon way back when. The suggestion about crafted gear is limited to just putting on a level 1 wep of your choice (or low level gloves, since they also contain mastery) so that quest rewards give you item for the ‘right’ subclass right away, without having to find a fickle RNG drop with the mastery you prefer.

Drops (both trash and bounty) have a higher chance to drop items for your class, but it doesn’t care what subclass. That’s why when you play a wizard you see a lot more wizard drops than you do warrior drops. The wiz drops may be for the wrong subclass, because the game doesn’t factor ‘which flavor’ of Wizard you are when calculating drops... but you’ll get a lot more Wizard drops than for any other class.

Earth&Sea did kinda change things, but that was because they added 20% more classes to the game. Of course that changes the results, but not the % chance an item is for your class. What really changed it in the players favor was when they added instanced loot. No longer were the few drops a bounty gave calculated on the classes present in a group. Now the formula is a death match between you and the RNG, not you vs the RNG vs every-other-player-in-your-group. It also increased the chances of getting item drops of higher rarity from bounties, including the chance to get legendary drops. It also changed how it uses magic find, no longer watering down your magic find because the other grouped players have a lower value than you.

Over time, you will get roughly equal number of drops for each subclass... but you’ll remember every item that could have been an upgrade ‘if only it was the right class’ and remember none of the ones that were the right class, but were just vendor food.

Reactions: Zazie
  • Likex1
Royal Guardian
Platform
  1. PC
I’ve wondered about this for a while. I have a holy priest, not a drop of shadow gear on her, and probably 80% of my mace drops are shadow. I’ve thought about partnering with a shadow spec friend to find mace drops for each other since it seems to be that opposite weapon drops attract.
Have you tried running with another holy priest? Maybe running a party of holy priest would confuse the little devil drop producing imp and holy would abound. :love:

Nett

Citizen
Characters
Nett, Natt
Platform
  1. iOS
  2. PC
The bug here is in human psychology, not the game :)

It’s called negativity bias, we’re better at remembering the bad than the good. There’s a good Freakonomics episode that explains it better than I could.

Reactions: Esmee, Zazie and Jolon
  • Likex3

Sinjin

Jack Of All Trades
Platform
  1. iOS
The bug here is in human psychology, not the game
I’m not saying your wrong, but... I’ve received Hunter gear on my Shaman as a weekly raid reward. There is at least one bug :)

Nett

Citizen
Characters
Nett, Natt
Platform
  1. iOS
  2. PC
Haha, yeah, agreed there. The thread started by talking about world drops so that’s what I had in mind.