GoGoGadget

Servant of Mallok
Characters
GoGoGadgetGo
Platform
Android, PC
Seems only reasonable dram in raids to use atm is liberty dram as slows/stuns is what kills on most part. I would suggest that you allow more drams to be active at same time in raids. I would say 2-3 would be reasonable amount. Raids are all about maxing your ability and pushing boundries and this would give possibilities to push the envelope even harder and make things more interesting. You could divide drams into defensive ,offensive and passive and allow 1 of each at same time for example. For example Savagery/Mastery/Haste could be offensive, Armor/Magic resist/Liberty defensive drams and Magic find/Expertise/Clarity into passive drams.

Thanks in advance :D

XMerlindaX

Wizard
Royal Guardian
Platform
PC
not only in raids, I have often wished in the running game to be able to use more than 1 dram at the same time :p

Grz

Reader
Last edited
We have 10 different drams but it always comes down to choosing between liberty and malice (at least for myself and most of the people I know). One can't help but question the existence of other drams. Treasure dram increases magic find by about 1% only, with raid relic and at least 1 magic find gear equipped. It's far too ineffective on its own. Drams like armor and haste are similarly underused for their ineffectiveness. But considering a dram like liberty is a choice between life or death that's why it's a no-brainer as pointed out by OP.

I think drams should be divided into 2 categories: Primary and Secondary. You will be allowed to use 1 for each category and will look something like this:

Liberty/Malice/Expertise/Mastery will belong to primary drams.
Armor/Magic/Haste/Clarity/Treasure/Healing will belong to secondary drams.

In this manner all drams can be useful. Not doing this, drams like armor and magic resist will remain unused and some combinations will be far too powerful... assuming they make us use more than 1 dram at the same time.

Reactions: Xantia
  • Likex1

Tareco

Grand Priest
Characters
Tareco & GaiaFørce
Platform
Android, PC
Why not have a enhanced version of all Drams? Malice isn't usel for everyone or every situation, like raids. Or maybe combining two drams.

Oh, and on top of all that we that play on mobile, until now, can't dispell effects like drams, breakfast, mana rolls, etc. Only overwrite with a more powerful effect.

Antavious

Warrior
Characters
Antavious, suoivatna
Platform
iOS
Wile those who don’t know drams well can effectively waste them those that know how can super exploit there effects. If I could use 3 drams at the same time I would be an absolute monster that being said cc (stuns and snares) in this game against players are super op, it’s not a big deal as long as we don’t have pvp and we have liberty drams but I do hate my choices of drams to be restricted because of this.

I would like it if liberty was independent of a normal dram or if players could get the same diminishing returns on being successively cc’ed that bosses do.

Celinia

Wizard
Characters
Celinia
Platform
Android, PC
Seems only reasonable dram in raids to use atm is liberty dram as slows/stuns is what kills on most part. I would suggest that you allow more drams to be active at same time in raids. I would say 2-3 would be reasonable amount. Raids are all about maxing your ability and pushing boundries and this would give possibilities to push the envelope even harder and make things more interesting. You could divide drams into defensive ,offensive and passive and allow 1 of each at same time for example. For example Savagery/Mastery/Haste could be offensive, Armor/Magic resist/Liberty defensive drams and Magic find/Expertise/Clarity into passive drams.

Thanks in advance :D
This is a great idea

Sinjin

Jack Of All Trades
Platform
iOS
It’s fnbs that some players can run a dram in one raid, cancel it and run another raid with a different dram (or even swap drams mid-raid) without having to wait for the first one to expire… and other players can’t. It affords SAC players a competitive advantage; it’s not just fluff.

CaraLox

Jack Of All Trades
Characters
Platform
iOS, PC
Simple solution might be fix it so PC players cannot double click to cancel a dram 😱

Antavious

Warrior
Characters
Antavious, suoivatna
Platform
iOS
It’s fnbs that some players can run a dram in one raid, cancel it and run another raid with a different dram (or even swap drams mid-raid) without having to wait for the first one to expire… and other players can’t. It affords SAC players a competitive advantage; it’s not just fluff.
I have a work around for that on my I pad, I use liberty in palace and catacombs and sometimes in rookery but I’m not consistent with that. the rest of the time I use a lvl 94 mastery dram because it’s the same lvl as a liberty dram I can override one with the other any time I want even on iOS.

Reactions: Sumi and Xantia
  • Likex2

Marcus Fury

Master Gatherer
Platform
Android
Is there no way the devs can mix the current drams? The mailice dram has savage and brute, so my logic is maybe they can have expertise/haste, liberty/mana regen, armor/magic resist as examples of mixed drams?

Antavious

Warrior
Characters
Antavious, suoivatna
Platform
iOS
Is there no way the devs can mix the current drams? The mailice dram has savage and brute, so my logic is maybe they can have expertise/haste, liberty/mana regen, armor/magic resist as examples of mixed drams?
Maybe but isn’t that the same as having 2 drams? So basically more than 1 dram at the same time unless they also dilute the effects. right now my problems with how drams work is:-

1. I feel like I have to use liberty in some situations taking away my ability to choose
2. if I want to switch drams at will on mobile my only option is a weaker than max dram (the 94 mastery dram)

so my ideal scenario is either not needing liberty so much or being able to choose another dram as well as liberty. If I could I would probably use a healing dram because it’s immune to the effects of diminishing returns but malice or a 95 mastery dram would also be options too. Bottom line is at that point I would feel like I have a choice right now I don’t feel like I do.

Reactions: Sinjin and Sumi
  • Likex2

Sinjin

Jack Of All Trades
Platform
iOS
If I could I would probably use a healing dram because it’s immune to the effects of diminishing returns […]
Because the amount per proc is fixed, you likely think that ‘levels don’t really matter on healing because it’s not affecting a pooled stat’ and you’d be right. But while the values are absolute, they are scaled… so you’re intentionally taking a dram with a diminished return, it’s just not ‘hidden’ like the derived bonuses from pooled stats.

Reactions: Antavious
  • Likex1

Math Fish

Squirrel
Royal Guardian
Characters
Math Fish (Marksman), Shama Fisha (Water), Accursed Angelfish (Shadow), Logical Loach (Fire)
Platform
PC, Steam
Because the amount per proc is fixed, you likely think that ‘levels don’t really matter on healing because it’s not affecting a pooled stat’ and you’d be right. But while the values are absolute, they are scaled… so you’re intentionally taking a dram with a diminished return, it’s just not ‘hidden’ like the derived bonuses from pooled stats.
He's saying that drams like Mastery, Malice, and so on have diminished values depending on how much you have invested into a stat (same pooled value, different final value) while Healing ALWAYS gives you the amount of healing it states because it isn't adjusting a pooled stat, which also answers the being "scaled" part. All drams are scaled to level, but most drams go into the pool and are subject to the diminishing returns there.

My response [to Antavious] is that Healing does have a diminished value, but it isn't based on the amount of healing it gives (or a pooled value - so he is correct in that regard). Rather, it is based indirectly on the amount of healing you can get from other sources, namely healing spells. Given how much we get from dungeoneering (up to a +1.3x to the multiplier), the diminished value may or may not be any better than just using a better healing spell. In other words, he has a point, but "immune to the effects of diminishing returns" is debatable given how broad your definition of diminishing returns is.

I think the resolution for drams would be more along the line of letting them give their intended value at all times. By that I mean have drams adjust the final value rather than the pooled value. I feel like drams were meant to give a certain value; so just change them so that they give that value. Otherwise, I agree that anyone in the line of fire of enemy attacks (everyone running solo and front-liners in groups) is obligated to pick Liberty dram so that they don't either get burst down (in solo) or loose aggro / become stunlocked (in groups). That said, I feel like group content isn't quite as bad most of the time because players have access to insane amounts of crowd control. If they can somewhat coordinate the use of that, then most enemies are stunned the entire duration of combat and will never get a chance to stun you. As for solo, only a couple of classes (hunter and wizard) can really make good use of crowd control in the same (or similar) manner. That leaves priests, shaman, and warriors who will be subject to constant status effects and would benefit so much from liberty drams that it becomes obligatory. And it just so happens that these are the classes who tend to perform the best in raids ... so yeah.

I'm not sure what the answer should be for this. Do we look at solo play? Do we reconsider how crowd control works on players? Do we reconsider how much crowd control we give to enemies? Do we look at each class to see if there is a new tool they need to counter crowd control? Do we allow the use of 2 drams: Liberty and one other? Do we give players status resistance like mobs have? I could answer some of these, but not all of them.

• Likex1

Antavious

Warrior
Characters
Antavious, suoivatna
Platform
iOS
Last edited
a neat trick with the healing dram is to use it and some basic fruit any lvl for quite a bit of easy healing on the go ;).

the point is the “added healing“ isn’t weaker the more you get of it and it’s kinda a rare thing to get from any source. That’s why I like the idea of it but it’s not an option right now anyway (I did use it as a nice boost to help me solo hox)

Drakz

Grand Priest
Characters
Drakz, Zelior, Slowburn, Scab, Drakzy
Platform
PC
personally I never use any drams for any raid or game activity I don't craft so have them on hand and as for the stuns most of the time if I get stunned I die so fast drams wouldn't make much of a difference anyway it seems stuns are a bit op in my opinion but it is what it is im just not gonna waste all that gold to run high heroic raids when I can get same results from lower lvl heroics where I don't really need the drams anyway lol. Now if they somehow gave us more incentive to run higher heroics then I would consider the drams.

Antavious

Warrior
Characters
Antavious, suoivatna
Platform
iOS
For me there are only really 3 things that can kill me

1.an instant death effect such as a hole or lava
2.an effect that blocks/reduces healing for a super long time during a super hard fight ( I’m talking harder than doing hox solo at this point for me) so it might be a stretch to even list this one.
3. Being stunned successively over and over

that’s it and a liberty dram basically neutralises no.3 so it’s a no brainier

Sinjin

Jack Of All Trades
Platform
iOS
. That leaves priests, shaman, and warriors who will be subject to constant status effects and would benefit so much from liberty drams that it becomes obligatory.
Leaving mostly warriors, really. Priests and shaman can cure (almost) all negative states except stun.

a neat trick with the healing dram is to use it and some basic fruit any lvl for quite a bit of easy healing on the go ;).
Yep. Any healing tick will do. Stacks with hot procs like surge of life too.

• Likex1