Joleen

BRA Member
Royal Guardian
Characters
Kavita, Katona, Chephirah
Platform
Android, PC
I don't have any fancy charts or math to show you, but I can tell you how I perceive things for my Fury warrior Katona. She is now in the 95 zones, and level 93 and she struggles. She doesn't die, but it takes too long for her to kill things. She's extremely tanky to the point where she CAN and HAS tanked in the last EZ, and without much effort either.

So, my perception is that the fury warrior definitely does not have enough DPS and is most certainly tankier than she needs to be.

Reactions: Clonkie
  • Likex1
Characters
Tiffa, Ruby Wolf
Platform
Android, PC
Not all classes are ment to be Equal, or should they be. Having classes with specific rolls make teaming up with others more effective if players know what there jobs are. Some players are Support (Healers, Buffers & Debuffers) others are Damage dealers (Direct or DoT), & Other jobs.
It is the players job to figure out their roll and to build their character to fit their roll.
V&H Class = Role = Description
Lighting Warrior = Tank = High HP & Aggro, Mid Damage
Fury Warrior = Scrapper = High Damage, Mid HP & Aggro
Earth Shaman = Brute = Mid Hp, Aggro & Damage
Water Shaman = Healer/Buffer
Holy Priest = Healer
Shadow Priest = Debuffer
Ice Wizard = Debuffer (Slow)
Fire Wizard = Damage over Time
Marksman Hunter = Direct damage & Area of Effect
Nature Hunter = Debuffer & Damage over Time.

Kitty the Hunter

Adventurer
Platform
PC
Fury warriors are at melee because of this they need to have a strong hp and defenses, they also could use a buff to dps. No insult intended but what I have seen about fury is they have nothing special to offer. They are melee, but not tanks. They are dps but thought to be at a midway point between tanks and classes which are reserved to be those of high level dps (shadow, nature, etc.) They have no buffs to enhance group play. What is is about fury that anyone would claim to be unique? Seriously, this class needs some love.

Reactions: Clonkie
  • Likex1

KAVE

Adventurer
Royal Guardian
Characters
See Signature
Platform
PC
Fury warriors are at melee because of this they need to have a strong hp and defenses, they also could use a buff to dps. No insult intended but what I have seen about fury is they have nothing special to offer. They are melee, but not tanks. They are dps but thought to be at a midway point between tanks and classes which are reserved to be those of high level dps (shadow, nature, etc.) They have no buffs to enhance group play. What is is about fury that anyone would claim to be unique? Seriously, this class needs some love.
I'm sorry but I disagree with all of the above. Earlier you stated that Fury Warriors are a DPS class, and now that they should have high health and defense. One sub-class can't have it all. Fury DPS is already very high. Health is something that every single class can easily obtain through vitality stats and the general talent tree. I am curious as to what level your fury warrior is, and why you feel that they have nothing to offer in terms of group play, because this has not been my experience whatsoever.

Demoralize will increase the DPS of every single one of my allies by debuffing all nearby enemies.
1585246189532.png
Battle Cry increases the ability power (damage, healing, buffs and debuffs) of all allies yet again
1585246247545.png
Turn the Tide is useful for temporary CC, but the real gain is the increase in Brutality, further boosting ally DPS
1585246264984.png
On top of that, Fury Warriors could take Rally from the Lightning Tree if they wanted to delve deeper into a support role.

Even their damage dealing abilities provide debuffs to enemy healing.
1585246460124.png

With the higher cooldown rate of Greatswords along with Frenzied Strikes, Fury Warriors have the best rate of fire out of any class in the game by far. Using Booming Voice will further increase support capabilities.
1585246394282.png
Fury Warriors have tons of DPS options, from AoE, to stuns, to DoT, to straight impact damage, to healing spells. They are perfectly capable of both DPS and support simultaneously .

Villy

Villager
Platform
Android
Hey everyone,

The DPS of fury warrior is good the way it is. I don't expect a buff in damage, but if fury damage is buffed then I wouldn't mind either. At the least, I can see a tweak or nerf in fury damage. Also, if fury damage is buffed, I can assure you that players would even more incline to nerf fury warrior dps after it is buff. If fury dps will be nerf in the future, please dont take it too far... take lightning warrior as an example of going too far in nerfing the damage they can do a year or so ago to now. What I would like to see is fury having one range feat that is a part of fury talent tree that can't be found from craft rune or wild drop rune, at least if so, the rune will be like frenzy strike that doesnt take a socket spot on a weapon and scale in damage as you lvl up.
My fury warrior isn't a support fury warrior build, I do appreciate fury who do use support feats and builds for group fights. As for me, I'm all out DPS and do use buffs to maintain a good amount of damage I can output in a battle. I'm not the best fury warrior, the subclass itself takes all the credit of what it can do in term of current damage. Fury warrior at the moment feels great, but can be improve and become better. I do want to know Dev Opinion of what they think Fury Warrior DPS should be. As example, how well do demo shout really helps? Because demo shout reduce a mob defense property, but since no1 know the defense stat of any particular mob, how useful is it? There is no knowledge book for bounties or elders that tells their stats properties at all. At least on mobile I dont know if there is one. Because I dont know that, I dont use demo shout. I don't find demo shout as a useful feat, i believe the feat should have been a passive aura or attunement ultimate talent with additional effect(s). I only say this because im not a support fury warrior, and I don't use demo shout into double whirlwind. With greatsword rune, I do just fine using whirlwind and wait for it to refresh on cooldown. I would or might have use demo shout if there were more room to socket feats on a weapon. But, because of limited amount of feats that can be socket into a weapon, demo shout will never make it into one of the 7 active feats I would use/socket on a weapon.

If none of this makes sense, don't take it to heart lol. It is just my experience or take on fury warrior. I do love both subclass but I been playiny lighning warrior for so long, it feels great playing fury warriors.

I'm not sure how geared other players' classes are in other servers, but fury warrior DPS overall is really good. If you have trouble with your damage, all i can say is find a balance in stats and augumentation runes. Know what you want to do in every fight, find your rotations when using feats. There is a difference in spamming feats and maintain your DOTs on your main target, keep track when feats fall off target, when your long duration feat will be refreshed, and decent mana management (scorynx, royal mana boost, mana pots when mana is reaching low point, etc). Do lots of battle stimulation, and get a feel of the pace your fury warriors is doing. Gearing is important as to your build, but a big role of your damage is just how well you keep up with fury fast pace. This is not a guide so don't take my advice to heart, just thought i point out the obvious.

Reactions: Jack13Renewed
  • Likex1

SprigOfHalcyon

Master Farmer
Royal Guardian
Platform
Android, PC
all class can be anything as long as they're built for it,
And not only this, all classes can build for all things.

I think this is an unintended side effect of the diminishing returns and the uselessness of vigor/will. There are enough stats in the gear pool to "max" everything.

I think a more transparent system could be made which has a hard cap (for example 40k being the hard cap at 95? and make it so you linearly approach that and make it be 80-90% of the current "cap"), which would be easy for devs to balance in a way that you can't max everything, like you can now.

Another thing which could be done is making class talent-based stat increases also increase the stat cap for that stat or something, making that class actually better at that stat rather than making characters of that class save a reinforcement rune or two in that stat before reaching the cap (or in the current case, the soft cap).

But, I imagine there is so much in threads like this that it'd be hard for a dev to pick up too much from it.

All this feeds back into the fact that with diminishing returns, stats aren't important (sort of! :D), the active runes you select and your rotation is what is important. (talent tree maybe, too, of varying importance)

Omnigma

Merchant
Characters
Omnigma
Platform
PC, Steam
I will be completely frank with you. I see a fury warrior as a tool. A tool used only for reducing the enemies heal rate.

Hiffy

Wizard
Platform
iOS
Hugghis’ reply as best that I can translate:

Fury warriors right now are kind of stuck in a “not here not there” state, like we are a jack of all trades, master of none. Firstly, we don’t have the best DPS to compete with the damage dealer classes like Fire Wizards, Shadow Priests etc., but our damage also isn’t low to the point of other support classes out there like Ice Wizards, for example.

Secondly, Fury Warriors aren’t necessarily tanks either because we can’t tank as well as Lightning warriors for example, yet we have higher health to supposedly fill the tank role as well.

Thirdly, our buffs can also be used by Lightning warriors, and by hybrid warriors.

So the main question perhaps is that: where do we fall on the spectrum? Are Fury warriors just meant to be a “middle of the line” type of a class or can we have a more definitive role than being a “scrapper” class?

If Lightning warriors are meant to be pure tanks, then perhaps Fury warriors can fulfil the role of the damage dealers in the warrior class rather than being a little bit of both. Right now, there is nothing special about Fury warriors.

Giruv

Merchant
Characters
Verrier
Platform
PC
Last edited
Fury warriors right now are kind of stuck in a “not here not there” state, like we are a jack of all trades, master of none. Firstly, we don’t have the best DPS to compete with the damage dealer classes like Fire Wizards, Shadow Priests etc., but our damage also isn’t low to the point of other support classes out there like Ice Wizards, for example.
I agree with this part, right now Fury warrior felt like a jack of all trade master of none. At the same time buffing warrior is always a hard thing to do because of the hybrid can always be the best of both world.

The best thing that can be buffed is the effect of two handed sword, because it is not that good right now and it will make it tougher for hybrid since they have to choose either a two handed sword or a shield. Also if fury warrior damaged increased through the two handed rune, they won't be as tanky since In my opinion the only thing that make warrior tankier than other class is the block chance from their shield. (other than some lightning ultimate).
So may be change two handed to give +auto attack damage and +ability power instead of mastery.

Some other idea that could be done:
  1. Reckless Behavior/Charmed life: Move the parry chance to reckless behavior and the berserk to charmed life, and change the berserk effect to make fury warrior gain berserk charge each time they deal damage, because if we don't have aggro it takes forever to built up the berserk charges, which make it rather useless
  2. Allow normal attack to trigger mortal wound or Increase Mortal Wound Duration: this way it decrease the DPS of Mortal Wound, but increase it Synergy with Seething Anger which will make it harder for hybrid that just take Mortal Wound for the Frenzied Strike ultimate.
  3. Increase Whirlwind AoE from melee to 6m, The AoE of Whirlwind is a bit to small on most fight especiall when the enemy is ranged it can only hit 2 enemy or 3 max
  4. Change Warpath to increase ability power to 3% bonus ability power on each kill max on 5 charge and last 1 minute. The current warpath duration is just too Short most of the times it already runs out before we reach the next enemy on dungeon like situation, and on most elder fight it does nothing at all, which make Fury warrior felt like we have 1 less ultimate.
I think these small changes can make fury warrior much better. Other than changing the ability I think it will be great if the Otter can make content that show case each class strong point, Like fury warrior is great against fighting a small group of enemy in quick succession or enemy that heal a lot, Fire Wizard against a horde of enemy, Marksman Hunter great against a raid boss that could last a very long time in the fight, etc

IrishElf

Citizen
Forum Moderator
Platform
PC
Everyone is refering to the other class as "having it all" yet no one is realizing that the high DPS, High HP, High threat warriors are FuryLight or LightFury Hybrids!

Neither 100% Fury or Lightning are any of the above everyone is talking about. It is those players who took the feats, skills, runes from both and made "Other than" class.

Hiffy

Wizard
Platform
iOS
I'm sorry but I disagree with all of the above. Earlier you stated that Fury Warriors are a DPS class, and now that they should have high health and defense. One sub-class can't have it all. Fury DPS is already very high. Health is something that every single class can easily obtain through vitality stats and the general talent tree. I am curious as to what level your fury warrior is, and why you feel that they have nothing to offer in terms of group play, because this has not been my experience whatsoever.

Demoralize will increase the DPS of every single one of my allies by debuffing all nearby enemies.
View attachment 6596
Battle Cry increases the ability power (damage, healing, buffs and debuffs) of all allies yet again
View attachment 6597
Turn the Tide is useful for temporary CC, but the real gain is the increase in Brutality, further boosting ally DPS
View attachment 6598
On top of that, Fury Warriors could take Rally from the Lightning Tree if they wanted to delve deeper into a support role.

Even their damage dealing abilities provide debuffs to enemy healing.
View attachment 6601

With the higher cooldown rate of Greatswords along with Frenzied Strikes, Fury Warriors have the best rate of fire out of any class in the game by far. Using Booming Voice will further increase support capabilities.
View attachment 6599
Fury Warriors have tons of DPS options, from AoE, to stuns, to DoT, to straight impact damage, to healing spells. They are perfectly capable of both DPS and support simultaneously .

Please take a look at my stats before a 95 Elder run:

4391B043-0196-4073-9837-F962310F14F0.jpeg
A2D906C9-04D3-4EE8-8DF2-8CCDF143D27B.jpeg

This is the damage chart of which I am using mythic blighted equipment and our top 3 DPS dealers were absent from the run:

4DC9EA35-2BAF-4EA6-AC0A-5F8D9842BCAC.jpeg

Can you please tell me why my damage is still so low despite pumping a lot into damage dealing stats and gear? Fury warriors were not what I hoped they would be; they aren’t able to compete with other damage dealer classes despite heavy investment into attributes and gear.

Please also take a look at my talent tree:

33B17DD9-5959-4A75-A22E-9AC51A152308.jpeg6BED711A-8783-4DED-BB27-150F88DADD79.jpeg

Can you explain to me where the strength of Fury warriors lie? Also, our supporting skills don’t really hold a candle against other classes like Shaman.

To end off, I would like to say that I’ll be sticking with my Fury warrior. I hope that one day, he will change and be better.

KAVE

Adventurer
Royal Guardian
Characters
See Signature
Platform
PC
Last edited

Please take a look at my stats before a 95 Elder run:

View attachment 6640
View attachment 6641

This is the damage chart of which I am using mythic blighted equipment and our top 3 DPS dealers were absent from the run:

View attachment 6642

Can you please tell me why my damage is still so low despite pumping a lot into damage dealing stats and gear? Fury warriors were not what I hoped they would be; they aren’t able to compete with other damage dealer classes despite heavy investment into attributes and gear.

Please also take a look at my talent tree:

View attachment 6643View attachment 6644

Can you explain to me where the strength of Fury warriors lie? Also, our supporting skills don’t really hold a candle against other classes like Shaman.

To end off, I would like to say that I’ll be sticking with my Fury warrior. I hope that one day, he will change and be better.
Looking at the charts, he seems fairly close to the nature hunter and the other priest. That is quite impressive considering Fury is pre-demoninately a single target DPS while nature has powerful AoE potential. The priest at the top is a hybrid / shadow priest as far as I'm aware, and shadow priests (in my opinion) are incredibly overpowered. I feel that damage overall needs to be toned down. For Dungeons it has become less about tactics and role diversity and more about damage

Hiffy

Wizard
Platform
iOS
Looking at the charts, he seems fairly close to the nature hunter and the other priest. That is quite impressive considering Fury is pre-demoninately a single target DPS while nature has powerful AoE potential. The priest at the top is a hybrid / shadow priest as far as I'm aware, and shadow priests (in my opinion) are incredibly overpowered. I feel that damage overall needs to be toned down. For Dungeons it has become less about tactics and role diversity and more about damage
Hugghis’ reply:

In this damage chart, the top DPS is our top shadow priest, but our top nature hunter did not come for this run. This is a gold run, and the difference in DPS is very big, tens of millions of difference. Based on this, fury warriors aren’t strong, they are in fact quite weak in DPS.

SprigOfHalcyon

Master Farmer
Royal Guardian
Platform
Android, PC
There could be other things, of course, but you could try putting a lvl 99 pummel on your sword :D.