Do you want "Daily reset" instead of 22-24 h CD for Bounty Kills, Daily Quests and Daily Rewards

• Total voters

Tenzor

Legendary Hero
Characters
Dezgrim, Tenzor
Platform
  1. Steam
Last edited
I want to talk about "Cooldown" for Bounty kills, Daily Quests and Daily Rewards, about all things that have 22-24 hours CD. (like Mail and CoG supply)

As for a new player with a fresh view, that was the first thing that I did not appreciate. I remember, like 10 years ago MMO community and most of the devs came to an unspoken agreement that 20 hours cooldown is an optimal number for restriction. +\- 4 Hours is enough if you failed with some IRL issues.

For example, I understand mail-item send 24-h limit as marketing ploy for buying [Shared Trunk]. I realy did not like that timer starts from the first sended item per day and you did not see when it goes to refresh but I accept it as marketing ploy and have nothing against.

But 22-24 h restrictions for bounty kills, daily quests and daily rewards do not give real dividends. Each game has it target audience and player who sets the alarm to wake up at night and do not miss each 20 hours reward to gain a little additional profit like 2 additional items per month is not your target audience. I really think that less than 0,5% of players will do that.

Lets talk about bounty kills separately.

There are a lot of situations when you got a free time between the work or after hard work day you came and want a little play...but this stupid restriction do not allow you to do that, because yesterday you cleared this zone few hours later, because you decided go somewhere with your girlfriend or watch an interesting film. During a month of playing I watched dozens peoples who stayed on the teleport pads for hour and waited for this delay. That's really annoying and frustrating. Daily reset should solve this problem once and for all.

Happy buyer is a thankful buyer. Needs to replace things that makes people unhappy, especially when those things do not give any profit to you. All this 20-24 h CD is a relic of the past time. It is not good deсision to wait the time until a new players will get used to it. You can lost them and get negative reviews instead.

Also I think that daily reset will be less to load servers then each personal boss cooldown for each character

Reactions: Littlenymph and Kaydee
  • Likex2

Imp

Lumineer
Royal Guardian
Platform
  1. iOS
  2. PC
Also I think that daily reset will be less to load servers then each personal boss cooldown for each character

That sounds logical. Aside from the possible technical benefit, I have no preference.

Giruv

Merchant
Royal Guardian
Characters
Verrier
Platform
  1. PC
In general I'm not a fan of dailies, weeklies, or any other time locked stuff. Those things make me feel bad for not playing when I don't have the time, while when I do have lots of time I run out of things to do. So I always feel the shorter it is the better. As for reset at exact time each day or after 22 hours since the last one, felt the same to me, both have their own positives and negatives.

Lalocat

Adventurer
Characters
Lalocat Vla Laniss
Platform
  1. Android
  2. PC
I hate the 22 hour CD for quests and bounties and ranching. Forget to harvest one day or can't log on until later? Good luck getting back into your usual routine tomorrow. A daily reset time is more flexible.

Reactions: Dawnfire
  • Likex1

Majenta

Villager
Forum Moderator
Platform
  1. PC
Actually, I don't think it matters either way, in the sense of perhaps missing bounties.

Yes, the set time reset would seem to avoid waiting, but say you have a reset at midnight, local time - what happens if you are late logging on and are only half way through your normal run come midnight? Do you stop, missing those bounties for the day just past, or carry on, meaning that those bounties will be done for that day when you log back in after going to sleep and getting up later.?

And for those of us who have friends or guildies in different time zones to ourselves that problem is exacerbated by not wanting to spoil your guildies timetable. 10 pm (22.00) may be fine for me, but it doesn't work for my guild two hours ahead. At least with the current 22 hour reset, if I run a zone with my guildies today, I can rely on the fact that when I am ready to run them again, my friends will be too. And I don't have to worry that because I wasn't ready until an hour later than yesterday, it will knock their reset times out of sync.

Of course, you can have the bounties reset at (say) 3 am (03.00), but then what about people who perhaps work shifts, so their play time is actually night time locally, but who typically run zones with people on the other side of the world for whom it is the middle of the day?

To my mind the 22 hour reset is actually more flexible than a fixed reset would be, though I admit that my opinion may well be influenced by the fact that my working hours are evenings and weekends, and that living in the UK, many of my guildies are indeed "ahead" of me in terms of time zone.

Ekimie

Hunter
Royal Guardian
Platform
  1. Steam
I would prefer a nighttime reset, but I suppose majs post makes sense. if I can only log in late, I already skip things like the AS chest because I know otherwise the next day it will be very late too (doesnt make sense I know). But a 20 hour cooldown may help with that, because the steps back forward are bigger.

ripcord

Wizard
Characters
ripcord
Platform
  1. iOS
What will you do for people who play on a server not in their time zone? They can’t choose a reset time convenient for them.

Platform
  1. PC
I like the 22 hr reset... this way all time zones get reset at a time that's 'convenient' for them...<which CAN come into play for village projects and such>

I'm sure that part of it is just my innate resistance to change - why change what isn't broken? But the 22 hr day makes sense to me. :)

Tenzor

Legendary Hero
Characters
Dezgrim, Tenzor
Platform
  1. Steam
Last edited
Most of the popular games have reset timer near 4 a.m. This is perfect time even for people who wake up early and can do some activity before the work. And for the peoples who work in the night (start work 22:00 - 24:00) - they have 4 hours before the Reset. There are servers for each time zone. And when players choose to play on European or USA or Chines servers, they do that for their own risk. I play in the night and there are only few people around. For example 5% of players played from another side of the planet and 95% from server time zone. Probably better to do it as most convenient to much bigger part of players.

I perfectly understand that for the years an old players are used to 22 h. CD and they don't want the changes, but those harsh bounds are not necessary. Anyway 1-2 hours enought to clear all zones for your lvl. But better to do that in any time instead of bounded.

Reactions: CaraLox
  • Likex1

Tenzor

Legendary Hero
Characters
Dezgrim, Tenzor
Platform
  1. Steam
So what we have against the Reset
1) Peoples from different time zones.
2) Resisting against the changes, because "everything works perfect"

So
1) There are really low population in the night. I played time to time from 13:00 P.M to 5-6 A.M each day, almost 16 hours in a day during the last 45 days. I want to say that after 3 a.m almost imposible to find ppl to kill Pharaons and sometimes even Califs. So even if we have 3-4 people who play from different time zone then we can't be the SUN that shine to to all and warm all around. And even the SUN can't shine and warm full Earth 24 hours per day. Always be somebody who will be unhappy.

2) Really if you don't care about reset or 22 h. and just like 22 h., because used to it, then no matter to you that it will happens at 4 a.m., when you deeply sleep. You don't lose anything, but all other will gain more flexible, because you have ALL 24 hours per day to kill boss or do quest.. And you dont need wait 22:00 - 24:00 p.m. because in the one day happens some things and you missed your everyday time route by the accident and now you must choose - to do same route in the late time again or waste one day to start your past route again.

KatieElf Queen

Arch Wizard
Characters
Katie4567,MysticElf,EarthQueen
Platform
  1. iOS
Will this daily reset affect plenties? Do u mean server reset or just in-game?

GoGoGadget

Servant of Mallok
Characters
GoGoGadgetGo
Platform
  1. Android
  2. PC
Server reset would make the game way more sociable as you wouldnt have to always be so strict with your run times as you wouldnt miss the next day run even if you are few hours late on your execution. For I its the case that if I make my run after morning shift and the next day I have evening shift it just means I lose one day of bounties. If there would be a daily server reset at night time I could do the bounty run in the morning before my shift and not lost the day of play. So I have always been for the server reset as it allows more flexible way to play for those who want to be maximally efficient and not lose days of play just becouse game doesnt allow you to do them becouse you got RL :D

Reactions: CaraLox and Dawnfire
  • Likex2

GoGoGadget

Servant of Mallok
Characters
GoGoGadgetGo
Platform
  1. Android
  2. PC
Also sometimes you could wait for your friend to come online to do a bounty run without risking losing next days progress if you decide to do so.

Darkstar

Wizard
Characters
Uza Darkstar, Kerni, Raven Darkmere
Platform
  1. iOS
  2. PC
As the OP mentioned "all things" that have a cooldown period, village projects would be my biggest concern. There are times when I log in with an inventory full of things I want to contribute but somebody has beaten me to it and max'ed out the resource contribution for the period. I am sure the reverse is also true and that I sometimes contribute shortly after reset blocking others from contributing everything they have gathered/crafted. The current system is nice in that the system rolls around, sometimes in my favor where I can catch it shortly after reset and I can contribute, sometimes giving others the opportunity to fill the slots up.

For other things I do daily such as gardening, ranching, COG supplies and AS loot boxes, I like that I can log in earlier than usual sometimes and do not have to wait for "reset time". Conversely, I can log in a little later one day but drop back to my usual time the next day without penalty.

Tenzor

Legendary Hero
Characters
Dezgrim, Tenzor
Platform
  1. Steam
Sorry for misunderstanding, under "all things" I mean" things like CoG rewards and Mail reset timer which starting from the first item sended. I mean nothing about Plants or Village Projects, because I don't know how VP works. I will add more info for "all things"

Ekimie

Hunter
Royal Guardian
Platform
  1. Steam
I read on discord an idea I liked a lot, to let everyone pick their own resettime. I could like pick 5am and never be in trouble again. and someone in a timezone 9 hours earlier, where my 5am would be their annoying 6pm, could pick a time that is useful for them