Sarah Otter

Mad Otter Games
Developer
Last edited
Hi, Everyone,

As most of you might have noticed, this has not been an altogether problem-free build. As always, we so appreciate your understanding and patience while we work to smooth out the bumps!

Here is the status of a number of issues many of you have experienced, or are still experiencing:

• Quest Problems -- many quests, including level 95 Elders: FIXED and on LIVE now
  • Crash Bug on Android and iOS related to non-English language settings: FIXED on Android and LIVE, but still pending approval from Apple, so not yet fixed on iOS now FIXED AND LIVE on iOS.
  • The Rye Exploit -- FIXED and on LIVE. (And exploiters will find some changes in their ill gotten gains.)
  • Trade Window Bug: Fixed internally, but not pushed to Test yet, so it is not live
  • Enhancing Gear is not refreshing stats displayed while enhancing: we are still working to resolve this issue.
  • Can't Enter Game World with Character -- A number of players cannot log in. This issue is our number one priority now, and we hope to have a fix today or tomorrow. This issue is now FIXED AND LIVE. Players who could not log into the game now can, and further reboots will not be necessary to maintain the fix.

We will continue to post updates on this thread. Thanks again, everyone, for you patience!

Littlenymph

Squirrel
Characters
Layla Littlenymph
Platform
PC, Steam
Thanks for the status update on all known issues.

I'm sorry that this build has not gone as smoothly as they usually do, but it's refreshing to find a game company that takes the effort to keep its community informed. From my lengthy experience in dozens of games over the years, it is not the average company that makes the effort to be transparent and informative. It just goes to show that even on those occasions when things are not at their best, you are still better than the vast majority of gaming companies I have ever dealt with. I don't say it often, so I'll say it now; thanks for all you do to keep V&H at its best, and thanks, most of all, for continuing to put your customer base first.

Queeny

Citizen
Royal Guardian
Characters
Jenny The Brave ...
Platform
Android, PC
I can get back into the game now :)

Sarah Otter

Mad Otter Games
Developer
UPDATE:

We now have a temporary fix for the players who cannot log in, and will be applying it to all servers shortly. It is not a permanent fix, and frequent reboots of the servers will be necessary to keep it maintained while we continue to work on a permanent fix.

We know that plentiful node seekers will not be thrilled at this news. However, the reboots do mean that your peers can at least get back into the game, and stay in the game. :)

Once we do have a permanent fix, we will provide a gift to all players as compensation for the downtime of the plentiful nodes. We hope to have a permanent fix this week.

Black_Cvlt

Arch Wizard
Characters
Danger Zone, Black Cvlt, Coup de Grace, Crafty Hands
Platform
Android, PC
Please note that we're doing elder run at 17:30 Ardent time on EU1. Missed half of the people today after the fix.

Sarah Otter

Mad Otter Games
Developer
Please note that we're doing elder run at 17:30 Ardent time on EU1. Missed half of the people today after the fix.
Well, actually, when huge amounts of players are unable to log into the game, we consider that an Emergency Situation, which means it is not possible for us to pay attention to when different groups of players are doing various Elder Runs on different servers. Sorry, that's just the way it goes.

As for the reboots coming up this week, we do plan to schedule them during times that are non-peak hours on servers.

Doctor Love

Adventurer
Characters
Doctor Love
Platform
PC
Once we do have a permanent fix, we will provide a gift to all players as compensation for the downtime of the plentiful nodes. We hope to have a permanent fix this week.
Thank you and also for hard work, you rock! 🤩

Carly

Wizard
Characters
Janye
Platform
iOS, PC
Yay thank you so much for the fix! I am able to log in on all my toons now, it’s been very long & sad 24 hours without access. 😄

IrishElf

Citizen
Forum Moderator
Platform
PC
Thank you for your post! I so appreciate you taking the time to give us information to let us know what is happening.

Reactions: Zazie
  • Likex1

Zazie

BRA Member
Royal Guardian
Characters
Zazie, Shiny, Skip, Auntie
Platform
PC
As for the reboots coming up this week, we do plan to schedule them during times that are non-peak hours on servers.
Are those reboots likely to be at roughly the same time every day? (On US1, we often do our 95 elder run during off-peak hours. If we know in advance roughly when the daily server reboot might happen, it will be easier to schedule the time of our runs around that factor.) :)

Wait

Great Adventurer
Characters
Wait,Bubble O Seven, Powunow, Wait 4Bubbles, and Baby Bubble
Platform
iOS, PC
Glad to hear that there is awareness of the issues and that you are working on those. I sent a bug report recently that listed about 5 bugs that I have been experiencing recently during my game play that may or may not be related to the issues you know of. I need to add to it, that the slow loading screen that we are experiencing on three different devices, have gotten slower and keep getting stuck so that it does not bring you to the character selection game. So currently we are unable to enter into the game successfully and that may or may not be related to what is happening. We will wait to hear how this progresses. Thank you for your time.

Sarah Otter

Mad Otter Games
Developer
Alrighty, things are getting a bit smoother now! I mentioned a few days ago that we would be giving all players a gift as compensation for the reboots this week and the downtime for plentiful nodes.

So in a few minutes, all players will be receiving a Deluxe Clockwork Harvester, which has ten charges on it. It is Account Bound. This gift will be available for 48 hours. Thank you all so much for you patience during this buggy week! :)

Wait

Great Adventurer
Characters
Wait,Bubble O Seven, Powunow, Wait 4Bubbles, and Baby Bubble
Platform
iOS, PC
I am still having issues with the loading screen freezing up. I am currently unable to get into the game. 3/20/2020 US Server 1
9:47 pm EST