• Note: The forums are now a part of the new V&H website. For technical reasons, existing users will need to log back in with their forum username and password. Forum accounts are separate from game accounts - if you have forgotten your forum username or password, you can reset it here.

KAVE

Adventurer
Royal Guardian
Characters
See Signature
Platform
PC
Last edited
I would love to see a greater variety in crafting specializations as well as some improvements to existing ones. I have detailed some ideas for specializations below.

The specializations are organized in tiers. Players can earn a single tier 1 specialization, and from there, a single tier II specialization from the tier 1's branch. Perhaps this could even be expanded into a final Tier III specialization.
  • Equipment Master (Tier I)
    • Reinforcement Master (Tier II)
    • Augmentation Master (Tier II)
    • Jewelry Master (Tier II)
  • Production Master (Tier I)
    • Statistician Master (Tier II)
    • Enhancement Master (Tier II)
    • Salvage Master (Tier II)
  • Boost Master (Tier I)
    • Preparation Master (Tier II)
    • Dram Master (Tier II)
    • Potion Master (Tier II)

Equipment Master - Tier I
  • Role: Equipment Master's are the players to find when seeking the best crafted gear. Their role in the gear creation cycle is the manufacturing of high rarity equipment and runes.
  • Description: Equipment Master's have a 20% chance of producing an epic piece of gear (armor & weapons) for each subsequent craft of a 5 starred recipe.
  • Cost: 150,000 charter tokens
Reinforcement Master - Tier II
  • Role: For those who decide to progress into the Rune Master branch, their purpose is to acquire gear with a decent assortment of reinforcement runes. Players can seek out reinforcement masters for all of their reinforcement rune needs.
  • Description: After gaining 5 star mastery in a recipe, the player has a 150% chance of producing gear with a reinforcement rune, and an additional 30% chance of receiving an epic reinforcement rune.
  • Cost: 75,000 charter tokens
Augmentation Master - Tier II
  • Role: The purpose of augmentation masters is to construct gear with high quality augmentation runes. Players can seek out augmentation masters if they wish to gnogment some powerful augmentation runes onto their equipment.
  • Description: After gaining 5 star mastery in a recipe, the player has a 50% chance of producing gear with an augmentation rune. These augmentation runes are 1.5x as powerful as the ones found on looted gear.
Jewelry Master - Tier II
  • Role: Jewelry Masters unlock unique recipes for rings & necklaces. Players seeking epic versions of these items should look for a jewelry master.
  • Description: Unlocks new ring and necklace recipes which can be crafted at the forge. These recipes are available every 5 levels and can produce epic versions when mastered. Likewise, trinkets created by jewelry masters can also yield epic versions when mastered. Rings & Necklaces will not contain any runes.

Production Master - Tier I
  • Role: Production Masters are handy for the preparation and fine tuning of gear. Equipment masters should seek out production masters if they desire to cut down their material costs, and players who have obtained gear from equipment masters should seek out specialized versions of production masters to fine tune their gear.
  • Description: Crafting speed is increased by 30%, crafting components have their costs reduced by 75%, gathered materials can be refined in a 1 : 1 ratio rather than 2 : 1.
Stats Master - Tier II
  • Role: Stat Masters have the ability to re-roll stats on a piece of equipment. Players seeking a different combination of stats on their gear should seek out a stats master.
  • Description: Unlocks the ability to re-roll stats on a piece of equipment. Each subsequent re-roll will cost additional currency.
Salvage Master - Tier II
  • Role: Salvage masters are beneficial to players who are currently mastering gear, as they can assist with mitigating a large quantity of the costs.
  • Description: When salvaging, salvage masters will regain between 75% to 85% of the material & currency costs of the equipment.
Enhancement Master - Tier II
  • Role: Enhancement Masters are useful for gaining the most out of a piece of equipment from enhancement.
  • Description: When an enhancement increases the rarity of a piece of gear, it will also attach a new stat onto the gear, such that it matches the correct quantity of stats the gear would have, if found naturally.

Boost Master - Tier I
  • Role: Boost Masters are great for accumulating a large quantity of consumable items for a fraction of the cost.
  • Description: When crafting consumable items, boost masters have a chance to produce an extra 1 to 5 versions of that item without any extra cost.
Preparation Master - Tier II
  • Role: Preparation masters allow players to increase the power of their gear, by attaching additional stats in the form of preparations.
  • Description: Unlocks access to all 6 preparation recipes. (Currently they only unlock 3, while the others are available to all)
Potion Master - Tier II
  • Role: Potion Masters are critical to have around for difficult raids and dungeons.
  • Description: Health and mana potions created by potion masters will replenish instantly instead of over time.
Dram Master - Tier II
  • Role: Dram Masters are important for those seeking to consume optimal boosts for challenging content.
  • Description: Dram Masters unlock the ability to combine any 2 drams into 1. Players who consume the dram will gain the effects of both, however its duration is 30 minutes rather than 1 hour.

Ekimie

Hunter
Royal Guardian
Platform
Steam
You do realize with the current system you can have all masteries on 1 server with 1 account, but that we cannot make 11 toons on 1 server with 1 account? I'd have to choose!! :p

Zyani

Jack Of All Trades
Royal Guardian
Characters
Zyani,Borghilde,Jitlayda+4more
Platform
PC
Too many masteries wil make the game and the development extreme complex, it wil be a nightmare job to realize.

1 point i would like to see, not as mastery, but as a scill: the jewelery, it would be nice to be able to make those yourself, and we could use the gemms that drop ingame again in crafting, just this time not for the weapons but for rings and necklaces.

Kitty the Hunter

Villager
Platform
PC
Too many masteries and they are somewhat diluted. I prefer to combine them. Another way to make this work would be to add a weaker mastery to our origin. Something tied in with the bonuses we already have, such as the hero 3 % bonus would combine with one type while the villager 3 %bxp bonus would tie to another, just a thought.

KAVE

Adventurer
Royal Guardian
Characters
See Signature
Platform
PC
Thank you all for the feedback, I have updated the original post and will continue to make changes over time. Let me know your thoughts, if any aspects are unbalanced / not worth it / over-complicated etc.

Sampai

Arch Wizard
Platform
PC
You do realize with the current system you can have all masteries on 1 server with 1 account, but that we cannot make 11 toons on 1 server with 1 account? I'd have to choose!! :p
economyyyy! :LOL::p

KAVE

Adventurer
Royal Guardian
Characters
See Signature
Platform
PC
I think a Trinket maker would be nice.
I agree! I have the ability to create epic trinkets as a perk of the Jewelry Master. This also assumes that we would be able to trade trinkets (as we really should be!)

• Description: Unlocks new ring and necklace recipes which can be crafted at the forge. These recipes are available every 5 levels and can produce epic versions when mastered. Likewise, trinkets created by jewelry masters can also yield epic versions when mastered. Rings & Necklaces will not contain any runes.
I want to see a Component Master, with either free gold cost or 50% reduced recipe items when crafting components.
There is something similar in the Production Master tree you may like!

• Description: Crafting speed is increased by 30%, crafting components have their costs reduced by 75%, gathered materials can be refined in a 1 : 1 ratio rather than 2 : 1.

Allison Wonderland

Priestess
Royal Guardian
Platform
PC
Last edited
Bad one on me.. I should have said "tradable trinkets". Looted trinkets can be traded and equipped by all classes. It would be wonderful to add the ability to craft tradable trinkets that could be equipped by all classes.

Perhaps add the ability to craft specific types of tradable trinkets boosting particular traits at the specific crafting stations. For instance a trinket with a primary trait to increase brutality could be crafted at the smithy and to increase magic resistance at the tailory. The trinkets at the lathe presently increase armor. The second rune could craft out runes to boost other traits.

Reactions: Kitty the Hunter
  • Likex1

RuneFox

Merchant
Platform
Android, PC
I really love the idea of more in-depth crafting!

One thing I would like to suggest is with equipment master why not introduce Armor Set's and the ability to craft them? Quest could be tied to each set making it a adventure just to get a recipe for one of the pieces and at the same time making it a accomplishment for that specific crafter. since it could be a while before everyone has that specific recipe thus making that crafter sought after and unique.

Also would love to see jewelry crafting in game.. ^,..^

Kitty the Hunter

Villager
Platform
PC
Bad one on me.. I should have said "tradable trinkets". Looted trinkets can be traded and equipped by all classes. It would be wonderful to add the ability to craft tradable trinkets that could be equipped by all classes.

Perhaps add the ability to craft specific types of tradable trinkets boosting particular traits at the specific crafting stations. For instance a trinket with a primary trait to increase brutality could be crafted at the smithy and to increase magic resistance at the tailory. The trinkets at the lathe presently increase armor. The second rune could craft out runes to boost other traits.
I love the idea of making each crafting station have its' own focus, and I'd love to see this expanded to include other gear. This, combined with the sets idea of Runefox, post 12, would be awesome.

Ayotloz

Citizen
Platform
iOS, PC
Last edited
Too many masteries wil make the game and the development extreme complex, it wil be a nightmare job to realize.

1 point i would like to see, not as mastery, but as a scill: the jewelery, it would be nice to be able to make those yourself, and we could use the gemms that drop ingame again in crafting, just this time not for the weapons but for rings and necklaces.
I would love to see a greater variety in crafting specializations as well as some improvements to existing ones. I have detailed some ideas for specializations below.

• Jewelry Master (Tier II)
Jewelry Master - Tier II
  • Role: Jewelry Masters unlock unique recipes for rings & necklaces. Players seeking epic versions of these items should look for a jewelry master.
I like the idea of a Jeweler as a new specialization.
You would be able to make rings, necklaces and trinkets. You could use metal ingots and gems (that are now being sold to the vendors as fodder). Since the gems already come in tiers (even though it doesn't show a level), you can use those different tiers for the different levels of the newly crafted items.

Different type of gems (Diamond, Emerald, Ruby, Sapphire, Opal and Topaz) could be used in one of following two ways (or maybe a different way I didn't think of):

1. You could use Diamond (Necklaces) , Emerald (Rings) and Ruby (Trinkets) each for a specific type of jewelry. I already gave an example here.

or, as a Guild member suggested:

2. You could use the different type of gems in combination to get different results for possible set of runes ; f.i. in each crafting you combine two or more different type of gems to get a different set of runes/ higher possibility for a set of runes.

Ayo.

Edit (after questions): I don't mean to take away the possibility to sell the gems to vendors, since selling gems is the income for many if not all players. The use of the gems in the crafting of jewelry would be an added option. You could sell the gems or you could use some to craft jewelry.

Reactions: Ziva
  • Likex1

Ayotloz

Citizen
Platform
iOS, PC
The problem with using gems for crafting would be the income loss, most of my gold comes from selling gems.
You could still sell the gems. You don't have to craft them. It is a choice you have. You could either use them for crafting or you could sell them. It would be up to you. They just would have an additional use.

Reactions: Ziva
  • Likex1

Zazie

BRA Member
Royal Guardian
Characters
Zazie, Shiny, Skip, Auntie
Platform
PC
While I do think the idea of being able to craft jewelry is pretty cool, I wouldn't want to use gems in those recipes. About 5 years ago, topaz were used to craft signets, which were then used to craft a couple different pieces of gear and extracts that were used to make hats. I didn't miss it a bit when the system changed, and I wouldn't want to return to having any gems used in crafting!

Zellgoddess

Warrior
Platform
Steam
the whole point to specialization is to specialize i don't see it going like that it should be more like

Specialization I: Blacksmithing, Talioring, Woodcrafting, Cooking

Specialization II:
Blacksmithing: Weapons, Armor, Oils & Powders
Talioring: Leather Armor, Cloth Armor, Embroidery & Stitching
Woodcrafting: Weapons, Shields, Resins & Pitches, Trinkets
Cooking: Food, Potions, Draims

ya see each time you specialize it narrows the enhancement to more specific items, what your proposing is the other way around your specializing in the enhancement that your performing but letting you do it on all items