Damon Otter

Mad Otter Games
Developer
Hi Everyone!

We're in the process of creating video ads. The first one we want to make is one where a character is moving through the game world on a horse or other mount, and observing some of the most beautiful/intriguing/interesting parts of the game:
for example, on a flying carpet over the sands as she zooms up to a group of players battling the Caliphs, or on a white stallion galloping through some forest or etc. etc. Feel free to come up with your own ideas.

In order to find some of the best and most interesting clips, we're asking the community to help! Ideas are one thing, but to really understand if a concept works, we need to see it.

So, for this contest we're asking that you create some short video clips - like 5 seconds or less - and post them or link to them on this thread.

We will be handing out prizes for the top ten entries. Prize amounts to be posted here later today.

Don't worry too much about heavily editing the clips - we will end up reshooting them later- we just need to find the best concepts.

Thanks!
Damon

Sarah Otter

Mad Otter Games
Developer
What we’d really love, is to be able to see our V&H world, not through our own eyes, which can too often become cluttered with technical details or detached observances, but to see the game through your eyes, our players -- what are those special places, those moments, those personal experiences that touched you. Show us! Let us see our world through your perspective. :)

And yes, we are offering crowns!

The top three video clips will receive 500 crowns. Clips four through seven will receive 250 crowns, and clips eight through ten will receive 100 crowns.

Multiple entries are more than welcome. This contest will close on: October 16th.

Can’t wait to see what you post!

Perlio

Villager
Platform
iOS
Here are some quick ideas...obviously not quality but you get the jist.

This is my favorite. Just walking through a town. Maybe have a walk through town then cut to fighting off monsters

Jumping from the high bridge into the lake..may be better if you had multiple toons doing it
Similar concept, showcase the house then jump into the water
Killing the same thing as your mount
Quickly showcasing a bunch of mount options
This would be much better with an overhead shot panning through the pens https://youtu.be/keHHQKJF1aU

LadieGrei

Lumineer
Platform
iOS
Here are some of my favorite things to do in the game:

1. Riding a dragon.
2. Epic elder battles, particularly against Lord Pyrrus. I enjoy fighting him so much that I have not one, not two, but three clips for it. 😅
3. Of course, raids! Clearing a level with your friends, watching raid bosses die...

P.S.
Not sure if sending multiple entries is allowed, but if it's not, please consider this one as my main entry. Thanks!

Ephel

Servant of Mallok
Characters
Ephel
Platform
iOS
Hello, here are some of my ideas.

1) Shadow's Den on a spider mount (of course)

2) To continues with the spider mount theme, here's a clip of exploring a spider cave.

3) Running through Addict's Ascent on a Mustang

4) Midsummer Mustang through The Corkle Woods

5) Jumping to Dijarra. This could be followed by a clip running up to Dijarra.

I am also not sure if multiple clips are allowed, so please use video (1) as my main entry and video (3) as my second.

Argus

Servant of Mallok
Characters
Argus Jessengith, Argus Shadow, Argus Skyhawk
Platform
Android, PC
Last edited
Time : Night
Reason : This particular location have a fireplace in built along a small place for cover from rain ☔. In the night, light effect is amazing. This also showing my favourite mount Bengal tiger with a wardrobe touch. Also in the distance a small house can be seen with smokes coming out of it.

Lalocat

Hunter
Characters
Lalocat
Platform
Android, PC
1. Maiden

2. Crystal Spire

3. Oases

4. The Drom

Reactions: Murmandagon
  • Likex1

Frostalite

Wizard
Characters
Frostalite and Herocrusher
Platform
Android, PC
Every time I try to attach file it isn't proper extension. FLV, MOV, MP4 don't work, what is it supposed to be?

Argus

Servant of Mallok
Characters
Platform
Android, PC
Every time I try to attach file it isn't proper extension. FLV, MOV, MP4 don't work, what is it supposed to be?
Upload on YouTube, make it unlisted and paste the link here

Argus

Servant of Mallok
Characters
Platform
Android, PC
Last edited
Time : Day
Reason : My earlier post shows the light effects in night and how it beautifully blends in. The night sky.
This time it's day when the adventurer will just about to start adventure ( Dagmar strand is starting zone). It gets the feeling of the country side with flowers gently been touched by the wind. A 360 view of showing the beach, the distant mountain and the windmill while i am sitting on my tan horse.

P. S : i am using my midrange device to capture the shots so it would not be a 1080p video but i believe my ideas will be clear to everyone.

Reactions: Simplicity
  • Likex1

Amaranthine

Citizen
Platform
iOS
A few of mine :)
1. I really love Maiden falls and still think jumping down is so scenic. Fav thing to do after checking meaty fish
2. Also alternative here. From the top of maiden jumping down here is also pretty awesome.
Oh, and-
3. If we’re not talking strictly mounts, jumping on foot is pretty fun! I guess it can be done with a mount, too, but that spot in Bevyn is pretty tricky. 😅

Math Fish

Squirrel
Characters
Math Fish (Marksman), Shama Fisha (Water), Accursed Angelfish (Shadow), Logical Loach (Fire)
Platform
PC, Steam
This one may take a minute to load ... give it a sec lol
I wish I had a better representation, but this is part of one of our "drake parades", where we celebrate someone in our guild completing the 95 elder run for the first time. There is only 5 seconds here, but it shouldn't be that difficult to reproduce this for anyone that wishes to record one where we go all out. ;)

Hnet-image.gif

EDIT: I put this in a spoiler because it was lagging like no one's business outside one.

Status
Not open for further replies.