Platform
Android
So just to preface I have only been playing for about a month. I am a super noob still.

Yesterday I encountered a woman named Karen who was super helpful and actually inspired me to make 12 of every Christmas toy to have enough for the quests every day. She told me that's what she did to get that awesome blue mushroom mount. So I went and I did just that. I spend hours yesterday crafting all the Christmas toys. I skipped boss fights because I wanted to get the toys done so I wouldn't have to deal with it every single day. I figured that was the smart way to do the daily quests to save some time.

Today I look in my inventory and they are all just gone. No warning. Nothing.

I am incredibly discouraged and upset about this. I don't even want to log back in now because I don't want to deal with these dang toys again. Why would you just take my items?? Thats messed up! I spent so much time doing that. I feel betrayed by a game that I really enjoy.

XMerlindaX

Wizard
Royal Guardian
Platform
PC
the entire toy is removed, but you can make the 4 individual parts in stock, which also helps to save a lot of time ;)

Reactions: Zazie
  • Likex1
Platform
Android
the entire toy is removed, but you can make the 4 individual parts in stock, which also helps to save a lot of time ;)
I feel like the big point here is that there was no warning and no way for me to know they would just be taken away. The game readily allows you to make as many full toys as you want. I literally made 12 of each of the full toys and they were just all taken away with absolutely no warning.

Characters
Tiffa, Ruby Wolf
Platform
Android, PC
It Happened to me last year, But on the bright side at least you can get more crafting XP.

Ekimie

Hunter
Royal Guardian
Platform
Steam
The quests are designed that upon completion, all leftover questitems are removed so the player doesn't get stuck with leftover items which they are not sure can safely delete or not. Sadly the cleaning system also works for the event quests

Reactions: Omnigma and Zazie
  • Sadx1
  • Likex1

IrishElf

Citizen
Forum Moderator
Platform
PC
They all say "quest item" and all extra quest items are removed from your inventory when you complete the quest.

I'm sorry you are upset about what happened, but it was the same last year, I'm not sure why someone would tell you otherwise.

Platform
Android
The quests are designed that upon completion, all leftover questitems are removed so the player doesn't get stuck with leftover items which they are not sure can safely delete or not. Sadly the cleaning system also works for the event quests
How is a new player like me supposed to be aware of this if nothing in the game tells me it's going to happen? I recently spent 100 dollars on crowns and I also paid for ardent society membership and today I'm faced with a day's work gone and it's really disappointing. My motivation to participate in any of the Christmas events is gone.

Reactions: Kookaburra
  • Sadx1

Ekimie

Hunter
Royal Guardian
Platform
Steam
How is a new player like me supposed to be aware of this if nothing in the game tells me it's going to happen? I recently spent 100 dollars on crowns and I also paid for ardent society membership and today I'm faced with a day's work gone and it's really disappointing. My motivation to participate in any of the Christmas events is gone.
you arent supposed to know, I am explaining why happened what happened. Normally I would suggest sending a CS ticket but that wont helpt, because even if they gave you back 11 of each toy, the next time you handed them in, the other 10 would still be gone. What Merli said is true though, the toy pieces will NOT get taken, so if you ever find the courage to retry, just keep the pieces in your inventory and only assemble 1 of each toy when you need one.

Characters
BashaDrake, Elmeti, Knytro
Platform
Android
I'm sorry you had a bad experience. As others have said, the toys and the mob dropped components will all get taken when you turn in the quest. However you can make the components and store those.
PSX_20191215_161329.jpg

Reactions: Kaydee and IrishElf
  • Likex2

IrishElf

Citizen
Forum Moderator
Platform
PC
I really am sorry you are upset. I have a guildmate who had forgotten they take all the extra quest items and she too made a bunch. There were a few others on our server who were in the same position.
Yes, It would be good if there was a note, but there is just a tiny space for them to insert all the information.
IDK if it would matter if it was on the quest journal, maybe that might help?

Platform
Android
I think it should be somewhere in bold so it's clear. Either that or make it so you can only craft 1 quest item per day or something. I know it's just a silly game, but for me it's more about the fact I spent hours working on this today and it was kind of devastating to log in today and see it all gone. For some of us this game is something to look forward to in an otherwise mundane and tedious world. The feeling of having something taken away that you worked for over 4 hours for is awful.

Despite this super upsetting ordeal, I buckled down earlier and crafted all the individual toy components. These better not disappear on me!

Reactions: Catori and BadgerReborn
  • Likex2

Jurksch

Hunter
Characters
Jurksch, Murksch, TiffanyWeh,
Platform
Android, PC
Thanks for bringing this up, because its really very frustrating.

It would be also great if the xmass quest items could be stackable and tradable again, like they used to be some years ago. The stuffs takes so much space, thats its no fun to do the quest for more than one character.

We used to craft and do that quest as a team and help out our newbies with craftet items (toy components) to complete the quest, because they dont have so much space for all the things in the beginning.

They pie in midsummer (quest item) was tradeabable this year....

(sry for wording issues <-german)

Reactions: SouLRebeL1986
  • Likex1

SouLRebeL1986

Priestess
Characters
SouLRebeL1986 SouLxRebeL1986
Platform
Android
There really should be some type of warning or cap. I did the same thing because I can't play as much and I figured I would just stack the toys since I noticed that the mats stacked.
Only to have them vanish at turn in. I just asumed that I was the only player that happened to because I'm still learning a lot of the game rules.
I haven't felt such an incredible amount of salt in a long time, slap in the face really.
Live and learn but definitely there should be some type of notice for players.

Platform
Android
It's kind of comforting to know that I am not the only one it's happened to. Tbh it feels like another way to take up as much inventory as possible so we buy the bag expansions (which I bought all). I totally agree the toys shouldn't disappear and if they were tradeable that would be amazing so we could all help each other out.

SouLRebeL1986

Priestess
Characters
SouLRebeL1986 SouLxRebeL1986
Platform
Android
It's kind of comforting to know that I am not the only one it's happened to. Tbh it feels like another way to take up as much inventory as possible so we buy the bag expansions (which I bought all). I totally agree the toys shouldn't disappear and if they were tradeable that would be amazing so we could all help each other out.
Yes you're not alone on that experience!
Yeah with the song pages, materials, drops and all that it gets to be a whole lot of space I never had. If I wasn't a member, and using alts basically for bag space I don't think I'd be able to handle all of it.
Definitely, I agree that players should be able to trade the mats especially to newer players. When you're newer its really confusing where to get this and that and what makes what plus, (gold).
Sure, even if you know where to get things and you figure out about materials and such, you may not have to gold to craft it in the beginning or even really understand the whole concept.

Platform
Android
Yes you're not alone on that experience!
Yeah with the song pages, materials, drops and all that it gets to be a whole lot of space I never had. If I wasn't a member, and using alts basically for bag space I don't think I'd be able to handle all of it.
Definitely, I agree that players should be able to trade the mats especially to newer players. When you're newer its really confusing where to get this and that and what makes what plus, (gold).
Sure, even if you know where to get things and you figure out about materials and such, you may not have to gold to craft it in the beginning or even really understand the whole concept.
Yes it all is hard to grasp especially for newbies like me. I hope they make it more clear in the future.

Typhen

Jack Of All Trades
Characters
Typhen, Chisal, Rhaum, etc.
Platform
iOS
It happened to me too. Made 10 of each toy the first day and they all disappeared when I handed the quests in. Very frustrating and discouraging, so much so that the next day I accepted all toy quests, on all my alts, and moved them to the hidden quest area. Now I don’t have to look at them and I don’t get all those toy part drops from troll-elves and evil snowmen. No one needs that kind of aggravation from a game.

Omnigma

Merchant
Characters
Omnigma
Platform
PC, Steam
For many of us whom could have stored toys in our vaults, this would never have become an issue had they given us back the 'do not use from vault' option as was promised but never delivered upon.. just sayin'

Platform
Android
It happened to me too. Made 10 of each toy the first day and they all disappeared when I handed the quests in. Very frustrating and discouraging, so much so that the next day I accepted all toy quests, on all my alts, and moved them to the hidden quest area. Now I don’t have to look at them and I don’t get all those toy part drops from troll-elves and evil snowmen. No one needs that kind of aggravation from a game.
I totally get the aggravated feeling. Like I felt totally devastated and didn't even want to log back in! I finally did though but still. That feeling is awful. If more people speak up about this issue maybe the devs will see and give us a better option?