Lumineer
Royal Guardian
Characters
Athon Dawnfire
Platform
  1. Android
  2. PC
Last edited
I believe if I say the current form of Christmas Bash is controversial, I'm fairly close to the general opinion. The problem stems from multiple design flaws (at least that's what I want to believe or I'm missing some hidden logic), so let's take a look at those first, and then I'll try to offer an alternate to the current version that aims to fix those said issues.

1) EZ is inclusive content -> I and many others believe that EZ is a content that everyone should be able to participate in, and earn rewards, regardless of their level, gear, skill. However Bash is designed to be exclusive, for a plethora of reasons, that I'll be listing next. But simply put, it is not something that anyone could do, and there are a lot of ways to grief each other intentionally or more commonly unintentionally. Nor would I say it is challenging in any meaningful way (granted that was their goal with a timer?) it's just a huge hassle to do.

2) Timer -> Having a timer in Bash already creates some exclusivity. While a semi decent group will easily earn gold, many will be reluctant to include less capable/geared players due to gold having the best rewards and not wanting to risk it. Also these players might end up earning either less (like silver/bronze tier rewards) or none at all for not even trying, or getting into groups.

3) Shared space -> Since Bash happens in a shared space with other players, it can easily get messy. If group A starts doing Bash but player B and C are killing goons for their dailies, they already caused the group issues, because they won't be able to progress properly and can easily get worse rewards due to waiting on mobs respawns. While group A could ask player B and C to stop doing their dailies, sometimes people just won't or did not read, etc. and it already causes group A to have a worse end reward and gameplay experience altogether.

4) No sharing -> Kills don't seem to register outside of the group, being near the kill doesn't give you credit. I think you put together that someone doing their dailies in the hideout can end up "stealing" kills if going with the group. But this also means that a 2nd group can't run Bash, making it pretty much a 6 person run at most.

5) Currency hunger -> My previous point channels into this one quite well. You could say Bash is a side content that makes the "better" players earn their EZ rewards quicker or more of them. But the way I see it, Bash (and mostly Gold reward Bash) seems like the only way to get any of the pricier rewards. Which kinda makes it a necessity if you want that cute dog or a new outfit. Or just open up your wallet and buy em with Crowns (but I don't think this is the intention).

6) Bonus: Bash = Hideout run with a timer and worse gimmicks -> This is how I view it. No other EZ has a content like this. It's like running Horde or Pyramid again but with a Timer this time and also 6 people in a group at most, cause if other players hits the mobs/bosses you're screwd. It's not fun, it's frustrating.

So as you can see there are quite a few things that makes Bash a hassle and in my opinion, very unfitting to an EZ activity. But how can these be solved? I don't think there's an easy way for most things here, but I'll list a few points that I believe should make it better. My philosophy is to make it inclusive and fun for everyone who wants to participate.

1) Bash will have its own "secret" zone with its own bosses -> It could work like Horde having a portal to it, or just being teleported by the NPC (Buttons) just like at Pumpkinhead. This ensures that those who do dailies won't cause any issues to people doing Bash. The bosses should be new ones, so it doesn't feel as repetitive. One idea (but you can implement it many ways) is that you get teleported to a large hall/cave, and you have to kill 4 elder bosses to summon the big baddie at the end of the hall/cave. Killing the big baddie will give the big bash reward while killing the elders will offer some yuletide spirits.

2) Remove timer -> This will ensure that it will be a worthwhile endeavor for any group/players, and people won't exclude others for "ruining" their time/rewards.

3) Kills are shared -> Will work just like a normal EZ boss run, no need to be in a group to get credit. This means the whole map can run it together, just like any EZ activity.

4) Gold reward is default -> Simply put with the current prices, I think this is the fair way to reward those doing this activity.

5) Make the new elders/end reward every 16 hours -> This will match nicely with the daily quests and be inline with other extra EZ activities.

I believe these changes will ensure that it will make Bash an inclusive activity offering good reward to everyone participating, and will solve all the issues stated above. Clearly other implementations are possible too, but I think you get the gist of it. I know this can't happen overnight, but I'm very hopeful to see changes made to Bash, to make it a welcome addition and not an unwelcome frustration in the Christmas EZ next year.

Antavious

Warrior
Characters
Antavious, suoivatna
Platform
  1. iOS
Last edited
im pretty sure I wrote an almost identical thread/list of problems and suggestions last year when the bash came out and definitely agree with 90% of this. the only thing is the timer kinda makes the bash without it it’s just a bounty run. I also think the mob kill quest shouldn’t take place in the hideout and the bosses shouldn’t drop currency as a 2h bounty kill as these are what cause picking your time to run to be important.

honesty I think the devs want to fix the bash but have been too busy to do it. I’m guessing they will make it a priority next year until then we just need to help others out as much as we can.

went digging:)
I have reviewed the newer Christmas additions and come to the following conclusions (putting aside bugs and high volume oversights like doors) there are 2 mistakes with the content And they are mistakes for the same reason:

mistake 1. Bounties in the hideout give currency and a song book
mistake 2. Dashes daylie quest asks that you kill goons

the reason these are mistakes is because it actively encourages players to disrupt or interfere with players attempting the Christmas bash meaning it’s hard to organise round these activities. I will even go as far to point out that interfering with another players experience in this manner is a TOS violation so to encourage this is a clear mistake.

the bounties don’t need rewards because of the bash it’s self gives a fairly decent one and the kill quest just needs different targets say 3 of each of the mobs outside the hideout. Alternatively the hideout could simply be isolated from the rest of the ez kinda like how rooms in ladders are. Either will fix the conflicting issues

also after the quest the npc says see you tomorrow which dosent make sense on account of the 36h cool down lol

IrishElf

Citizen
Forum Moderator
5) No sharing -> Kills don't seem to register outside of the group, being near the kill doesn't give you credit. I think you put together that someone doing their dailies in the hideout can end up "stealing" kills if going with the group. But this also means that a 2nd group can't run Bash, making it pretty much a 6 person run at most.
I found even hitting a goon first doesn't guarantee you'll get credit. Any toon with a big AOE ( leaves out fury warriors) don't get credit for kills.

I agree, this quest needs a bit of work.

Wait

Great Adventurer
Characters
Wait,Bubble O Seven, Powunow, Wait 4Bubbles, and Baby Bubble
Platform
  1. iOS
  2. PC
Last edited
Grinchta’s Lair Event Zone – Buddy’s Hideout “Bash” Quest
(English)

It does take teamwork and cooperation to have a successful Bash Run. There are steps that have to be taken before you can even pick up the quest to do it. Here are some tips and suggestions that may help you and your friends too. This year, I have only run two Bash runs, one for myself and one to help another party. Not many players are attempting to run Bash this year, compared to last on our server. This quest, definitely needs another look by the developers, doesn't it? Usually the best time to try to organize a Bash party with helpers, is after finishing a run of killing Grinchta, Grinchta’s the rest of the EZ bounties including the "Hideout" bounties. This way there is least likely to find enough players to do so and the Hideout is fairly cleared of players trying to do their “goon dailies” which are needed for the Bash Run.

Bash parties need a team of just about every class especially a warrior and a healer class within the Bash Party or with Helpers. Helpers DO increase chances of a Gold or Silver tier Bash Run.

You can only run ONE party. If there is multiple parties formed, the "waiting" party, can help the first Bash Party, with doing all the helper duties including helping to kill Buddy!

Helper/s 1 goes to upper level to check to make sure there is noone running dailies, makes sure that the bounties do not have "lightning affix" (You can only run ONE party). Lightning shield is NOT the only affix that a Bash Bounty can have that will slow the raid down, "Rain of Destruction" can also be very deadly. Helpers can be asked to kill any bounties with these challenges affixes (have helpers looks for these icons) BEFORE starting the Bash Raid, to help the raid progress quicker. If there is multiple parties formed, the "waiting" party, can help the first Bash Party, with doing all the helper duties including helping to kill Buddy!o kill first before Bash starts) so that all of the goons are spawned/respawned. Helper/s2, have to make sure the same for the lower level. Helpers have to let the Bash party know when both of the upper and lower deck areas of the Hideout are ready and when to start. Helpers not in the Bash party, should NOT kill goons!

Once, the Bash party picks up the quest and starts. The same “helpers” or additional helpers can then begin fighting Buddy Plumkiss to get a helpful headstart on killing him for the Bash party. Buddy Plumkiss and his minions DO take the longest to kill of the run. Having helpers get a head start on Buddy helps to save time. This also increases the chances of getting a “gold” run! Helpers do not have to be in the Bash Party, but they can be. Helpers will let you know when it is okay to start the "timed" Bash Run by saying “go ahead and pick up the quest from the NPC named, Buttons, now!”

Make sure to keep track and let helpers know if you are missing any goons before the timed quest ends too. Please do not forget to thank everyone for helping, especially any of the helpers you had! Can you try to? Can you try to help out with Bash Runs for others too? Have fun!

Grinchta’s Lair Event Zone – Buddy’s Hideout “Bash” quest
(BR Portugese)

Zona de Eventos – Buddy's Hideout É preciso trabalho em equipe e cooperação para ter um Bash Run bem-sucedido. Aqui estão algumas dicas e sugestões que podem ajudar você e seus amigos também. Normalmente, o melhor momento para tentar organizar uma festa Bash com ajudantes, é depois de terminar uma série de matar Grinchta, as recompensas de Grinchta, e as recompensas Hideout. Desta forma, é menos provável que haja jogadores suficientes para fazê-lo e o Hideout é bastante limpo de jogadores que tentam fazer seus "diários capangas" que são necessários para o Bash Run.

Os grupos Bash precisam de uma equipe de praticamente todas as classes, especialmente um guerreiro e uma classe curandeira dentro do Bash Party ou com Ajudantes. Os ajudantes amplificam as chances de uma terceira Bash Run Gold ou Silver.

Você só pode executar UM grupo de cada vez. Se houver várias partes formadas, a festa de "espera" pode ajudar a primeira Bash Party, com todas as duplas de ajudantes, incluindo ajudar a matar Buddy!

As festas de bash precisam de uma equipe de praticamente todas as classes, especialmente um guerreiro e uma classe de curandeiros. Além disso, você precisa de "ajudantes". Helper/s 1 vai para o nível superior para verificar se não há ninguém executando diários, certifica-se de que as recompensas não têm "afixo relâmpago" (tem que matar primeiro antes de Bash começar) aque todos os capangas são gerados / renascidos. Ajudante/s2, tem que se certificar do mesmo para o nível inferior. Os mesmos "ajudantes" podem então ir e começar a lutar contra Buddy Plumkiss para obter uma vantagem útil em matá-lo para o grupo Bash. Isso ajuda a economizar tempo e aumenta as chances do grupo Bash de obter uma corrida "de ouro"! O escudo relâmpago NÃO é o único afixo que uma Bash Bounty pode ter que retardará o ataque, "Rain of Destruction" também pode ser muito mortal. Os ajudantes podem ser solicitados a matar quaisquer recompensas com esses afixos de desafios (faça com que os ajudantes procurem esses ícones) ANTES de iniciar o Bash Raid, para ajudar o progresso do ataque mais rapidamente.

Os ajudantes não precisam estar no Partido Bash, mas podem estar. Os ajudantes informarão quando não há problema em iniciar o Bash Run "cronometrado" dizendo "vá em frente e pegue a missão do NPC nomeado, Buttons, agora!" Ajudantes que não estão no partido Bash, NÃO devem matar capangas!

Certifique-se de acompanhar e informar os ajudantes se você está perdendo algum capanga antes que a missão cronometrada termine também. Por favor, não se esqueça de agradecer a todos por ajudar, especialmente qualquer um dos ajudantes que você teve! Você pode tentar? Você pode tentar ajudar com Bash Runs para os outros também? Divertir-se!

Grinchta’s Lair Zona de eventos – Búsqueda "Bash" de Buddy's Hideout (Spanish)

Se necesita trabajo en equipo y cooperación para tener un Bash Run exitoso. Aquí hay algunos consejos y sugerencias que pueden ayudarlo a usted y a sus amigos también. Por lo general, el mejor momento para tratar de organizar una fiesta Bash con ayudantes, es después de terminar una carrera de matar a Grinchta, las recompensas de Grinchta y las recompensas de Hideout. De esta manera, es menos probable que encuentre suficientes jugadores para hacerlo y el Escondite está bastante libre de jugadores que intentan hacer sus "diarios matones" que son necesarios para el Bash Run.

Las fiestas Bash necesitan un equipo de casi todas las clases, especialmente una clase guerrera y sanadora dentro de la Bash Party o con ayudantes. Los ayudantes amplifican las posibilidades de una tercera carrera Bash de oro o plata.

Solo puedes organizar UN grupo a la vez. Si hay varios grupos formados, el grupo de "espera", puede ayudar a la primera fiesta Bash, haciendo todos los dúos de ayuda, incluyendo ayudar a matar a Buddy!

Las fiestas Bash necesitan un equipo de casi todas las clases, especialmente una clase de guerreros y sanadores. Además, necesitas "ayudantes". El ayudante / s 1 va al nivel superior para verificar que no haya nadie ejecutando diarios, se asegura de que las recompensas no tengan "afijo de rayos" (tienen que matar primero antes de que comience Bash) y que todos los matones son engendrados / reaparecidos. El escudo contra rayos NO es el único afijo que puede tener una recompensa Bash que ralentizará la incursión, "Rain of Destruction" también puede ser muy mortal. Se les puede pedir a los ayudantes que maten cualquier recompensa con estos afijos de desafíos (haz que los ayudantes busquen estos iconos) ANTES de comenzar la incursión Bash, para ayudar a que la incursión progrese más rápido.

Ayudante/s2, hay que asegurarse de lo mismo para el nivel inferior. Los mismos "ayudantes" pueden ir y comenzar a luchar contra Buddy Plumkiss para obtener una ventaja útil para matarlo para la fiesta Bash. ¡Los ayudantes que no están en la fiesta Bash, NO deberían matar matones!

¡Esto ayuda a ahorrar tiempo y aumenta las posibilidades de la fiesta Bash de obtener una carrera de "oro"! Los ayudantes no tienen que estar en el Bash Party, pero pueden estarlo. Los ayudantes te avisarán cuando esté bien comenzar el Bash Run "cronometrado" diciendo "¡adelante y recoge la misión del NPC llamado, Buttons, ahora!"

Asegúrate de hacer un seguimiento y dejar que los ayudantes sepan si te falta algún matón antes de que termine la misión cronometrada también. ¡Por favor, no olvides agradecer a todos por ayudar, especialmente a cualquiera de los ayudantes que tuviste! ¿Puedes intentarlo? ¿Puedes intentar ayudar con Bash Runs para otros también? ¡Que te diviertas!

Reactions: Xantia and BadgerReborn
  • Likex2

Wait

Great Adventurer
Characters
Platform
  1. iOS
  2. PC
I believe if I say the current form of Christmas Bash is controversial, I'm fairly close to the general opinion. The problem stems from multiple design flaws (at least that's what I want to believe or I'm missing some hidden logic), so let's take a look at those first, and then I'll try to offer an alternate to the current version that aims to fix those said issues.

1) EZ is inclusive content -> I and many others believe that EZ is a content that everyone should be able to participate in, and earn rewards, regardless of their level, gear, skill. However Bash is designed to be exclusive, for a plethora of reasons, that I'll be listing next. But simply put, it is not something that anyone could do, and there are a lot of ways to grief each other intentionally or more commonly unintentionally. Nor would I say it is challenging in any meaningful way (granted that was their goal with a timer?) it's just a huge hassle to do.

2) Timer -> Having a timer in Bash already creates some exclusivity. While a semi decent group will easily earn gold, many will be reluctant to include less capable/geared players due to gold having the best rewards and not wanting to risk it. Also these players might end up earning either less (like silver/bronze tier rewards) or none at all for not even trying, or getting into groups.

3) Shared space -> Since Bash happens in a shared space with other players, it can easily get messy. If group A starts doing Bash but player B and C are killing goons for their dailies, they already caused the group issues, because they won't be able to progress properly and can easily get worse rewards due to waiting on mobs respawns. While group A could ask player B and C to stop doing their dailies, sometimes people just won't or did not read, etc. and it already causes group A to have a worse end reward and gameplay experience altogether.

4) The 10 goons conundrum -> If there's a true headscratcher it's this one. Each side has 9 goons. But the task requires you to kill 10 goons on each side. Why? What this means is that you need someone from your group, before you engage Plumkiss to go and kill 2 extra goons so everyone gets the final task of defeating Plumkiss. I just see no reason why it would be designed like this. Easy solution, make it 9 goons per side.

5) No sharing -> Kills don't seem to register outside of the group, being near the kill doesn't give you credit. I think you put together that someone doing their dailies in the hideout can end up "stealing" kills if going with the group. But this also means that a 2nd group can't run Bash, making it pretty much a 6 person run at most.

6) Fiery slap -> Getting a rare drop is a joy in most games and cases. If you like toys, you'll be delighted to get the Fists of Fire Rune from the Bash end reward. The 1st time. After that, you'll be hating it. Why? Because it replaces the currency reward. Basically you'll do a run, and instead of being rewarded for it, you'll end up with a junk that you need to delete. Not what I would call a rewarding experience (off topic: this is the case with the AS chest too, but at least those are "freebies", no effort needed to get them).

7) Currency hunger -> My previous point channels into this one quite well. You could say Bash is a side content that makes the "better" players earn their EZ rewards quicker or more of them. But the way I see it, Bash (and mostly Gold reward Bash) seems like the only way to get any of the pricier rewards. Which kinda makes it a necessity if you want that cute dog or a new outfit. Or just open up your wallet and buy em with Crowns (but I don't think this is the intention).

8) Bonus: Bash = Hideout run with a timer and worse gimmicks -> This is how I view it. No other EZ has a content like this. It's like running Horde or Pyramid again but with a Timer this time and also 6 people in a group at most, cause if other players hits the mobs/bosses you're screwd. It's not fun, it's frustrating.

So as you can see there are quite a few things that makes Bash a hassle and in my opinion, very unfitting to an EZ activity. But how can these be solved? I don't think there's an easy way for most things here, but I'll list a few points that I believe should make it better. My philosophy is to make it inclusive and fun for everyone who wants to participate.

1) Bash will have its own "secret" zone with its own bosses -> It could work like Horde having a portal to it, or just being teleported by the NPC (Buttons) just like at Pumpkinhead. This ensures that those who do dailies won't cause any issues to people doing Bash. The bosses should be new ones, so it doesn't feel as repetitive. One idea (but you can implement it many ways) is that you get teleported to a large hall/cave, and you have to kill 4 elder bosses to summon the big baddie at the end of the hall/cave. Killing the big baddie will give the big bash reward while killing the elders will offer some yuletide spirits.

2) Remove timer -> This will ensure that it will be a worthwhile endeavor for any group/players, and people won't exclude others for "ruining" their time/rewards.

3) Kills are shared -> Will work just like a normal EZ boss run, no need to be in a group to get credit. This means the whole map can run it together, just like any EZ activity.

4) Gold reward is default -> Simply put with the current prices, I think this is the fair way to reward those doing this activity.

5) Toy is an extra reward, doesn't replace currency -> No more disappointment after opening the end box reward.

6) Make the new elders/end reward every 16 hours -> This will match nicely with the daily quests and be inline with other extra EZ activities.

I believe these changes will ensure that it will make Bash an inclusive activity offering good reward to everyone participating, and will solve all the issues stated above. Clearly other implementations are possible too, but I think you get the gist of it. I know this can't happen overnight, but I'm very hopeful to see changes made to Bash, to make it a welcome addition and not an unwelcome frustration in the Christmas EZ next year.
I too feel pretty much the same way and agree with a majority of issues you feel need to be reconsidered or need some improvement. We have language barriers which would be added to the list as well. Trying to organize and make sure that all players "understand" what to do is a bit time consuming to say the least! Thank you for posting!

Wait

Great Adventurer
Characters
Platform
  1. iOS
  2. PC
Last edited
I would also add to your list - that the location of the Hideout be reconsidered. It doesn't work well for the groups of players running the Grinchta round of bounties. This is especially true for trying to reach the Hideout Bosses in time for that EZ run. Players have to back track often times with extensive lag to get to the Hideout. Many players miss out on the first one or two bosses if they are not quick enough to catch up to the bosses already being hit. This causes players to have ask for help to redo the Hideout bosses. There is no guarantee that those players will get enough help to do so. They may have to wait til the next time there is an EZ run to do all the bounties once respawned again. Players are trying to earn yuletides to be able to buy items from the EZ and this creates more challenges in order to do so. I am nowhere near the same amount of yuletides that I had last year, currently. This causes another layer of frustration for most.

Reactions: Xantia
  • Likex1

Jytal

Servant of Mallok
Platform
  1. iOS
I agree with many of the issues with the bash you have pointed out, also many of which I have stated the same or similar issues last year when the bash was introduced but sadly, nothing was changed about the bash when Grinchta came again this year.
I do however believe that the timer is what makes bash what it is, it sets it apart from different ez and boss runs but as you highlighted, there is a drastic difference in rewards for gold run vs any other tier reward that should be addressed. I disagree that gold reward should become the default reward though, just because there are more ways to earn currency and thus the ez vendor shop prices go up with it just leads to inflation worse than what we see in real life right now. It makes it such that comparing to last year, players have to do more quests, boss runs, bashes, whatever is in the ez etc to earn the same item as before, and for new items that are over double the highest cost of an item as last year, good luck.

There are issues that occur with what people would imagine are small fixes. The biggest example is with solution 3, kills are shared; in Moor there was a new activity called the Horde which spawned enemies in waves but because there was a complaint from a healer that they were not getting credit from bosses, a change was made so that you did not have to hit bosses to receive credit. This made it so that people would AFK the entire Horde run and get credit for everything. It would be very frustrating to see this be implemented more and more and have more people AFK for credit more often, in Horde it lengthened the runs to 40min+ due to how many were AFK and how many were still trying. The biggest problem with sharing kill credit is with the goons, if the 10 goon kill requirement was eliminated, I believe that would suffice over all kills being shared and not contributing during runs becomes a norm.
I believe making Bash be its own secret zone would require a lot of rework, it would be nice if implemented. Or maybe they are their own quest enemies similar to how the 4 bomb enemies can only be seen by those with that quest and those with the quest can see regular enemies.

I am hopeful that there are changes made to the Bash that still keeps it unique but make it inclusive and not disruptive to those doing dailies vs doing bash and vice versa.

Jolon

Adventurer
Characters
Jolon, Jenalya
Platform
  1. iOS
2022 Review: since bash was part of winter 2021-2022 and current winter, it gets two mentions of being an interesting addition but a terrible event zone inclusion. I feel like it needs to be its own thing that has no bearing on Grinchta’s Lair currency collection - I am rather disgusted by the drastic price inflation even *after* the reduction in amounts when it was first pointed out how unreasonable it was. For that reason alone I would remove it all together.

Actually running it can be quite fun if done carefully and on off times, as the OP points out, hence why it should be a separate zone from the Lair.

In that vein, since challenging content addition is being demanded and enjoyed as part of all EZs now, maybe those additions can be linked in a year-long quest chain, however removed from affecting the more casual regular event experience. So some greater arc would connect them - a bigger bad that puts into effect the Horde, the Hideout, the Ladders etc. in place and demands a final battle with its own rewards (housing goodies, achievements, trophies, weapon skins) that carry over and stay through the years. So each challenging addition would be connected to current EZ only in that its portal is active only during that event time, but takes you not to a spot in the event zone, but to a new zone that holds all these harder spots, but only one reachable per holiday. These harder zones would either have their own unified currency or an already existing currency that is not an ez currency.

TLDR: hard content good; hard content inflating prices and grind bad; make seasonal hard content it’s own entity.

Dawnfire

Lumineer
Royal Guardian
Characters
Athon Dawnfire
Platform
  1. Android
  2. PC
@Jolon I really like and find your idea intriguing, separating the challenging content and having its own currency/rewards. I could even see it being a raid instance separate from the current ones, only popping up during its holiday season, but I can see a separate zone totally working too. And +1 for having one currency for all of them.

Reactions: Xantia
  • Likex1

Dawnfire

Lumineer
Royal Guardian
Characters
Athon Dawnfire
Platform
  1. Android
  2. PC
Necroing this one as Grinchta's Lair will be the next upcoming EZ and would really love to see some changes being made to Bash so it's not the frustrating experience as it was last year for all the reasons outlined in this thread.

IrishElf

Citizen
Forum Moderator
4) The 10 goons conundrum -> If there's a true headscratcher it's this one. Each side has 9 goons. But the task requires you to kill 10 goons on each side. Why? What this means is that you need someone from your group, before you engage Plumkiss to go and kill 2 extra goons so everyone gets the final task of defeating Plumkiss. I just see no reason why it would be designed like this. Easy solution, make it 9 goons per side.
Or increase the number of goons in the zone?

Jytal

Servant of Mallok
Platform
  1. iOS
Or increase the number of goons in the zone?
I would disagree. For high levels goons are easy and don’t pose a threat. For lower levels goons would make it harder by both how many enemies are attacking the tank at a time and require more time to defeat all the goons.
I could see the argument of increasing goons for the sake of giving everyone outside of the main party to get toon credit but again, a few high level aoe hits and they’re gone without other players getting credit.
I believe the best and easiest solution is still to reduce or remove the goon requirement.

IrishElf

Citizen
Forum Moderator
I would disagree. For high levels goons are easy and don’t pose a threat. For lower levels goons would make it harder by both how many enemies are attacking the tank at a time and require more time to defeat all the goons.
I could see the argument of increasing goons for the sake of giving everyone outside of the main party to get toon credit but again, a few high level aoe hits and they’re gone without other players getting credit.
I believe the best and easiest solution is still to reduce or remove the goon requirement.
Or make goons orange label mobs?

Xantia

Arch Wizard
Characters
Xantia
Platform
  1. Android
  2. PC
Today I tried to join a Bash run, with about 15-20 people. There were no open groups and one group ran ahead, killing everything before others could get a hit. I had to give up. 😟

Small groups + weak goons + time based rewards = players hurrying to get their group the best rewards... without regard for others. ☹️

I like many of the ideas in this thread and would like to add the following Bash suggestions:
  • Make it so that everyone who hits the boss, gets credit for the surrounding 3 goons.
  • Increase boss health a bit, so they take a little longer to kill, so everyone will have time to get a hit.
  • Increase party size, so more players may be included.
Also, players have often complained about challenging content being added to the EZs. Because they feel like it isn't inclusive and that it contributes to EZ price increases. 😬

I feel like we need a variety of challenging content, with worthwhile rewards... as an incentive, for players to build their strongest toons. 💪🏆

I think a reasonable solution, might be to offer a Heroic Flair collection, with icons for each EZ. Something we could display for bragging rights or just collect for fun. I'm picturing a neutral, golden olive branch Frame and text, with a different Icon for each EZ. We could earn each piece of the set, by completing a certain number of challenging runs in each EZ. 🙂

Merlinda

Wizard
Royal Guardian
Platform
  1. PC
Here on EU2 we only run this round with a group of 6 players, a few waiting players help with Plumkiss, then a second round or more, and those who are finished with their round then sometimes help with Plumkiss. This way, everyone gets their success and there is no stress. And they usually also get the gold achievement.

Antavious

Warrior
Characters
Antavious, suoivatna
Platform
  1. iOS
Here on EU2 we only run this round with a group of 6 players, a few waiting players help with Plumkiss, then a second round or more, and those who are finished with their round then sometimes help with Plumkiss. This way, everyone gets their success and there is no stress. And they usually also get the gold achievement.
Ditto on EU1

Reactions: Xantia and Merlinda
  • Likex2

Zazie

BRA Member
Royal Guardian
Characters
Zazie, Shiny, Skip, Auntie, Neither, Baa
Platform
  1. PC
Same on US2. Yes, it’s sometimes challenging to organize it, but with a little luck, planning, communication, and a good group (who knows what they’re doing), it generally tends to go fairly well. :)

Reactions: Xantia and Merlinda
  • Likex2

IrishElf

Citizen
Forum Moderator
I was wondering if the BASH could be done like raids... a separate instance like another "hop". You gather a group of 1 to 15, pull the lever and off you go. That way everyone can get credit and others who aren't doing BSH can kill the mobs and bounties they need without interrupting a BASH run.