Angry Twin

Hero
Characters
Angry Twin, Krazy Olwoman, Ruthless Ursula
Platform
  1. Android
Hi folks - sorry if it's been mooted before, I can't find a way to search the forum :eek:
Inane chat is part of the game and I partake in it as much as others, so switching pop-ups off is invaluable when out questing as it's distracting.
However when out in a group you then can't see your group's chat. The chat icon flashes pretty much all evening, so it's not as if you get an "alert" for when a group discussion of some sort needs to take place... so can we get a pop-ups filter please?

Reactions: Pieberry
  • Likex1

Pieberry

Master Villager
Royal Guardian
Characters
Berit, Notta Bricklayer, Sumida Gawa, Ephie
Platform
  1. iOS
Yes! It might be something on PC, not sure, but it's something I'd love to see on mobile - i do want to see group, local, guild always but sometimes wc is just too much and I'd love to turn it off from pop-ups

Sinjin

Jack Of All Trades
Platform
  1. iOS
I have no clue on which client you use, and there’s a lot of things missing or instructions that change, depending on your client.

On mobil, there are two different objections that I’m hearing;
- (some level of annoyance) with notifications (of an unread text, which is the exclamation ‘!’ that appears on the chat icon and chat channel icons) for channels you’d rather filter, and
- chat pop-ups (where the text briefly appears on screen, so you can see it without opening the full-screen chat window) appearing for channels you wish to ignore.

On mobil, you can:
1) turn off chat popups globally (for all chat channels) from the settings window,
2) turn off notifications for each channel (so you don’t see popups for messages on a channel you’re filtering) from the chat screen (by using the filter button on the chat window), and
3) turn off pop-up chat messages for each channel (so you don’t see pop-ups for that channel).

So, it’s possible to monitor (see pop ups and notifications) for guild/local/group, while filtering (but getting a notification when unread messages arrive) on the village channel, and ignoring (no pop up or notification) for chat messages in the trade channel.

Reactions: Mudcart
  • Likex1

Pieberry

Master Villager
Royal Guardian
Characters
Berit, Notta Bricklayer, Sumida Gawa, Ephie
Platform
  1. iOS
I am on an ipad. It looks like chat filtering has changed a little - until somewhat recently, when choosing to filter which channels show in the HUD (the pop ups) it seemed to ignore all choices and still show chat in the HUD so I had stopped trying it a while ago. That does now seem to work now that I've tried it again. I do notice, however, that now when turning off a channel for notification and HUD that still doesn't turn it off from the chat window unless you filter it down. That's probably OK since i can display only 1 channel at a time and skip looking at that one. I think it used to actually stop displaying that channel in the chat window so multiple filtered/selected channels could be shown there as an option. The interface on that isn't very intuitive but being able to stop a channel from pop-up / HUD sometimes is very useful so I'm glad that's working.

Sinjin

Jack Of All Trades
Platform
  1. iOS
There was a bug with the iOS client would fire notifications for all chat messages, even messages that arrive on filtered channels or have already been viewed on the chat screen. The result was that the client displayed a new chat notification every time anyone spoke in any channel… but that was bugreported and patched in spring 2022.

Angry Twin

Hero
Characters
Angry Twin, Krazy Olwoman, Ruthless Ursula
Platform
  1. Android
On mobil, you can:
1) turn off chat popups globally (for all chat channels) from the settings window,
2) turn off notifications for each channel (so you don’t see popups for messages on a channel you’re filtering) from the chat screen (by using the filter button on the chat window), and
3) turn off pop-up chat messages for each channel (so you don’t see pop-ups for that channel).

So, it’s possible to monitor (see pop ups and notifications) for guild/local/group, while filtering (but getting a notification when unread messages arrive) on the village channel, and ignoring (no pop up or notification) for chat messages in the trade channel.

I've had more of a look and found (what ought to have been obvious) a filter and need to experiment with it.
The "!" alert flashes so often that I've blanked it tbh, I don't notice anymore. Once you've clicked on an alert for nothing a dozen times or so it become irrelevant.