Drakz

Legendary Hero
Characters
Drakz, Zelior, Glacier, Scab, Drakzy, Ground Pounder.
Platform
  1. PC
every time i try to launce game it attempts to update then this error occurs.

Attachments

• Screenshot (89).png
    Screenshot (89).png
    311 KB · Views: 17

Drakz

Legendary Hero
Characters
Platform
  1. PC
for any others on windows 11 having this issue i just went into game folder and clicked on launcher .exe and it automatically downloaded and installed missing chunks and now its fine so try that before doing the long reinstall. not sure if other windows do the same but 11 did it for me.

Reactions: BadgerReborn
  • Likex1

Drakz

Legendary Hero
Characters
Platform
  1. PC
This is annoying and its too the point i dont even want to deal with trying to log on the game over it. Just too much work ever day to go to the folder and find the launcher. Not sure what's going on or even if im only one having the issue.

Reactions: Myst
  • Likex1

IrishElf

Citizen
Forum Moderator
Is your virus control maybe stopping it or breaking the launcher? You can add V&H in the exceptions so it'll allow the download.

Drakz

Legendary Hero
Characters
Platform
  1. PC
Is your virus control maybe stopping it or breaking the launcher? You can add V&H in the exceptions so it'll allow the download.
hmm it never has before but i can explore that option

IrishElf

Citizen
Forum Moderator
hmm it never has before but i can explore that option
Often when I log in my loading screen will get to around 45%, especially after a virus control update, and it will sit at 45% sometimes for a few minutes. I was told this was because of the Python platform the game is on, that the virus control sometimes thinks it's a virus or bug and some programs literally break the launcher or remove parts of it.
So the best thing is
1) make the game an exception or
2) uninstall and reinstall or
3) I AM NOT RECOMMENDING YOU DO THIS (but I actually did one time out of desperation and it worked for me) Uninstall the game, turn off your virus control, reinstall the game then turn your virus control back on.
NOTE: turning off your virus control is not something that is recommended.

Drakz

Legendary Hero
Characters
Platform
  1. PC
not working still so its not anti virus i even turned it off completely and still the same thing. its only when i use the shortcut. I ca go into game file and click on launcher exe and it fine.i deleted shorcut and made another and no changes.

Reactions: IrishElf
  • Wowx1