Firebird

Wizard
Platform
PC
Today I had the sample daily quest in Oblivion. I killed all the bounties and relogged to ensure map was not bugged. I had only 19 quest drops so could not complete the daily. If the quest is a daily then we should be able to complete it in a day! I did bug report it. I didn't miss any drops either !

Reactions: Newpowder and Joleen
  • Likex2

Majenta

Villager
Forum Moderator
Platform
PC
Players call them dailies, but actually they are officially classed as "repeatable" quests, not daily quests.

Villy

Villager
Platform
Android
Today I had the sample daily quest in Oblivion. I killed all the bounties and relogged to ensure map was not bugged. I had only 19 quest drops so could not complete the daily. If the quest is a daily then we should be able to complete it in a day! I did bug report it. I didn't miss any drops either !
Yes, after the expansion, after getting oblivion version for sample collection, my toon did not finish numereous times and always end up 19 out of 20. Only way to finish it is to wait next day for humanoid bounties to reset. I, too, did submit bug report as well. Consider that you have to complete it in order to finish the 17th blight daily that wants you to complete all 16 blight dailies, is very triggering that the last quest item for it wont drop when one out of many bounties that were active didnt want to drop(even with mind shield rune equipped). I just hope for a fixed in the next build or a better solution to that instead of just waiting til bounties to reset in 22hrs. However, is not always the case, on a different toon, the drop would be enough for me to finish the daily. This bug usually happens when I ran on my shaman toon, and had sample collection for oblivion shore. Pretty sure there are many out there who had experienced 19 out of 20 quest sample, for killing all the active humanoids and was not able to finish it and could not get credit for the 17th Daily the same day

Reactions: Joleen
  • Likex1

Joleen

BRA Member
Royal Guardian
Characters
Kavita, Katona, Chephirah, Avani, Lash LaRue
Platform
Android, PC
This is what really ticks me off about all of the Blight dailies. Slightly off-topic, but not really - they simply made it too hard to complete many of these so-called daily quests. I usually play Kavita first and I can look for (pestiferous pod, dragon skull, etc - long list) and despite looking until my eyes bleed and the migraine sets in I give up very discouraged. I can turn around, log into Katona and find all the items Kavita couldn't for her life. I cannot tell you how many times I've killed mobs over and over trying to just get an ancient mote - I'm talking HOURS - how many hours do they think we have for looking for these items in a wash of color? And, while I'm here - If it is marked as a daily quest the very first mote you hit SHOULD contain an ancient mote! I cannot tell you how many times I've hit mote after mote trying to get an ancient and finally given up in complete exasperation! It's like the whole area was designed so end-game players QUIT.

I am by nature a completionist and this kind of thing is beyond maddening. I am trying to change how I think about the game to avoid anger burnout but I'll be honest, it's really hard.

Majenta

Villager
Forum Moderator
Platform
PC
It seems to me there is an inherent contradiction in the way this is set up.

I believe that the answer to why the "dailies" are not always able to be performed within a day is that they are in fact not intended as daily quests, but merely as repeatable ones. (Rather like the Wellspring project which whilst repeatable is obviously not daily).

As far as it goes, that is fair enough, but if the quests are not intended as "dailies" then why is they a reward for completing them all within one day?

I would suggest that either the reward should be changed to be within (say) 72 hours or even a week, or the quests themselves should be made to be able to be completed reliably within one day. As is stands, the two things (repeatable not daily quests but a daily reward) are incompatible.

XMerlindaX

Wizard
Royal Guardian
Platform
PC
Yes, after the expansion, after getting oblivion version for sample collection, my toon did not finish numereous times and always end up 19 out of 20. Only way to finish it is to wait next day for humanoid bounties to reset. I, too, did submit bug report as well. Consider that you have to complete it in order to finish the 17th blight daily that wants you to complete all 16 blight dailies, is very triggering that the last quest item for it wont drop when one out of many bounties that were active didnt want to drop(even with mind shield rune equipped). I just hope for a fixed in the next build or a better solution to that instead of just waiting til bounties to reset in 22hrs. However, is not always the case, on a different toon, the drop would be enough for me to finish the daily. This bug usually happens when I ran on my shaman toon, and had sample collection for oblivion shore. Pretty sure there are many out there who had experienced 19 out of 20 quest sample, for killing all the active humanoids and was not able to finish it and could not get credit for the 17th Daily the same day
I already had it in ash white and with other classes

Karen Souldancer

Bog Frog
Royal Guardian
Platform
iOS, Android, PC, Steam
I would suggest that either the reward should be changed to be within (say) 72 hours or even a week, or the quests themselves should be made to be able to be completed reliably within one day. As is stands, the two things (repeatable not daily quests but a daily reward) are incompatible.
You're talking about the A Friendly Favor quest to finish all the repeatable quests right?
I really like that idea that you are given more time to finish them.

Currently, I think only having all the quests in the "completed" state makes the quest complete. If you wait too long, and one quest refreshes, you have to do that one over again, so they'd have to change the mechanic of how the quests are marked completed. (These quests have an 18hr refresh.)

Back to the OP - the collections quest was definitely a bit too close and often failed for me before I got the Mind Shield Helm, possibly by design. (e.g. You're counting 5 bounties left, and you need 4 drops and you breath sighs of relief with each drop you get.) Once I got the helm, I never had a problem completing it. The other one that is annoying is Shade Patrol, when you get the purify demon souls one, and you've already run the bounties in the zone. It's the only patrol where you might have to wait for bounties to refresh.