• Note: The forums are now a part of the new V&H website. For technical reasons, existing users will need to log back in with their forum username and password. Forum accounts are separate from game accounts - if you have forgotten your forum username or password, you can reset it here.

Katie4567

Arch Wizard
Characters
Katie4567,MysticElf,EarthQueen
Platform
iOS
When you guys do the expansion can you add blazing speed for all the classes not just for wizards? It seems that tanks, hunters, and priests fall behind in the dungeon and it takes awhile for them to catch up to the rest of the group.

dustbunny

Squirrel
Platform
iOS, PC
I know what you mean. When I play my hunter in the dungeons, I have to make sure and place myself in the area we are going to run next so I don't fall behind. But, as a wizard, I have to also make sure if I am hitting, to not kill anything until everyone is in range, if possible. so they get credit.

Having said that, If we give everyone blazing speed, why don't we also give everyone the ability to shield themselves, heal themselves, go invisible, hold agro etc etc etc. Each class has unique and special abilities that I would hate to see be giving to everyone just to make things easier. It does mean, people have to be aware of others in the group and to try and not kill or run to far ahead so as those trailing get lost our left out of kills.

BUT, I have also seen people fall behind because they wait and pick everything up, they stop to chat, or they start to fight just as they get in range of a group instead of fighting but placing themselves on the side where everyone will run to next. It takes a bit of strategy to run the halls and get in on all the kills. Even as a wizard with blazing speed, I don't always use it but never have a problem with staying with the group.

Characters
Tiffa, CyberElf
Platform
Android, PC
Not all classes need to have blazing speed, but Wizards need to wait for their groups to catch up with them. I know some player get caught up in the Defeating of monsters and some players are slower to react, but if you are teaming up with others you should communicate and play with them and not aginst them.

Littlenymph

Squirrel
Characters
Layla Littlenymph
Platform
PC, Steam
I pretty much agree with Dustbunny and would add that Blazing Speed is not intended as a speed boost for getting around the map in a hurry, although I confess that I use it at times for that purpose when running solo. The reason the Wizard has that ultimate is that the squishiest of all classes is most often the one that needs a quick exit out of Dodge. When used correctly, it is helpful in maintaining distance for what is supposed to be a ranged class. The only reason for a Warrior to have it would be to get about the map a little faster.

If you have a Wizard in your group that races ahead and engages targets before everyone gets there, my suggestion would be to let them solo it until the entire party arrives. A few deaths work wonders in teaching Wizards to be patient.

Zazie

BRA Member
Royal Guardian
Characters
Zazie, Shiny, Skip, Auntie
Platform
PC
tbh i never seen any wizard in dungeons using blazing speed
I see it all the time in the dungeons, moving from one group of bounties to the next. Pretty much every single wizzie I see running the dungeon uses blazing speed, unless they're an ice wizzie.

I don't have any issue with blazing speed as long as everyone in the group gets credit for all the mob and bounty kills they need (which is largely an issue of teamwork and being aware of where you are in relation to the group and when the group is moving forward and/or changing direction.)

Ekimie

Hunter
Royal Guardian
Platform
Steam
Hunters have dash to increase speed, it is slower than blazing speed but is an aoe.
When in dungeon I always use dash while we are gathered to take the quest, and at 1 or 2 other points during the dungeon to make sure it lasts. but it doesnt add THAT much to really notice. Sometimes I even wonder if it works at all in the dungeon, the emblem is there but...

Characters
BashaDrake, Elmeti, Knytro
Platform
Android
I usually use a fleet at the start of the run, but dont really notice much difference.

Kitty the Hunter

Villager
Platform
PC
When in dungeon I always use dash while we are gathered to take the quest, and at 1 or 2 other points during the dungeon to make sure it lasts. but it doesnt add THAT much to really notice. Sometimes I even wonder if it works at all in the dungeon, the emblem is there but...
It does work in dungeons but it has to be high to have much effect.

Kitty the Hunter

Villager
Platform
PC
Dash is an ultimate, it has only 1 strenght. it is a %tage I think
Like many ultimates, dash speed increases with the amount of mastery you have, in this case Marksman. I have a nature hunter with no points in Marksman but I do have dash, it is 15% base +(4%) increased speed for 10 minutes. The time does not change. Not sure why I have the extra 4% but if I were a Marksman that could be much higher.

On dungeon runs I stay back and use it on the stragglers to help them catch up. Its not much but it does help.

Kitty the Hunter

Villager
Platform
PC
Regarding the OP suggestion to allow everyone to have blazing speed, it would take away something unique to the wizard class. If we all need to be faster we should just increase our base speed. If the developers do not agree that is the end of it.

Zellgoddess

Warrior
Platform
Steam
i don't seem to have any problem keeping up with wizards however i do have 215% mounted speed.

IrishElf

Citizen
Forum Moderator
Platform
PC
i don't seem to have any problem keeping up with wizards however i do have 215% mounted speed.
You've probably not see this feat as yet. We all get left in the dust when they use it, but I don't envy their feat. All classes have unique feats and that's how it should be. :)

Reactions: Nyxxe
  • Likex1

Zellgoddess

Warrior
Platform
Steam
hmm maybe iv had a lot of help with elders from many wizards i keep up with them rather well maybe they were all aware of that and didnt use it so i could keep up. if that is the case then id have to say its nice that they were mindful to do that maybe that's what really needs to be done here is just more wizards should be mindful of party members.