OleRoberts

Citizen
Hello everyone. I recently installed Villagers and Heroes from Steam on my Windows 10 PC. However, black bars appear on either side of the screen while playing the game. Can anyone tell me how can I remove them?

Littlenymph

Squirrel
Characters
Layla Littlenymph
Platform
PC, Steam
I'm using the same OS and do not have that issue. I do not play on full-screen mode because I want access to my taskbar, but you ought to be able to expand your display window to fill that area. Just clicking the window expansion tab in the upper right of the display window does the trick for me.

On a side note, most PC players tend to prefer the SAC version to the Steam version. You might want to consider giving that a try before you invest a lot of time into it. If you decide to go with the SAC, you are under no obligation to discard your Steam account. I happen to have both a SAC and Steam account but I only play the Steam on occasion.

Welcome to V&H. :)
I've been here for over eight years and I hope you come to enjoy it as much as I have.

Ekimie

Hunter
Royal Guardian
Platform
Steam
I'm using the same OS and do not have that issue. I do not play on full-screen mode because I want access to my taskbar, but you ought to be able to expand your display window to fill that area. Just clicking the window expansion tab in the upper right of the display window does the trick for me.

On a side note, most PC players tend to prefer the SAC version to the Steam version. You might want to consider giving that a try before you invest a lot of time into it. If you decide to go with the SAC, you are under no obligation to discard your Steam account. I happen to have both a SAC and Steam account but I only play the Steam on occasion.

Welcome to V&H. :)
I've been here for over eight years and I hope you come to enjoy it as much as I have.
You can use both the sac and steam for your steam account as long you attach an email to your steam account. It makes you able to try the other version if that doesn't have the bars

Reactions: Littlenymph
  • Likex1

Littlenymph

Squirrel
Characters
Layla Littlenymph
Platform
PC, Steam
You can use both the sac and steam for your steam account as long you attach an email to your steam account. It makes you able to try the other version if that doesn't have the bars
Thanks. I did not realize you could do that.

Giruv

Merchant
Royal Guardian
Characters
Verrier
Platform
PC
You can try going to the setting and adjust your game resolution to fit the aspect ratio of your screen.

OleRoberts

Citizen
You can try going to the setting and adjust your game resolution to fit the aspect ratio of your screen.
Thanks for mentioning it. Actually, I was having the wrong display resolution all the time and I did not know about it before. After reading this, I changed it to the recommended one, and the issue disappeared in no time. Thanks for those valuable replies, everyone.