Dawnfire

Great Adventurer
Royal Guardian
Characters
Athon Dawnfire
Platform
Android, PC
This is not a new bug, it has been in the game as far as I can remember. I did some testing on my warrior today to see if anything changed, but they are still not working. So what is this bug? All classes have xy feat+ runes that improves the damage/threat of a specific feat (for example whirlwind+ increases the damage of the whirlwind feat). Equipping such a rune will correctly update the tooltip of the feat. However when using the feat the damage stays the same (both in the pop up numbers and in the damage charts). I've tried to use different gear slots and different augmentation runes but none had effect. I haven't tested besides warrior class, so I'd be curious to hear the experience of others. If it does affect all classes, please either fix this or remove the augmentation runes, cause as of now people are wasting sockets on them.

How to test it?
1) Elder dummies are the easiest for me but you can use elder bosses too
2) Unequip your gear except your weapon
3) Deal damage with your feat
4) Equip gear with the xy feat+ rune (it is important that if your equipped gear boosts your dps like gloves/necklace, or having a dps glyph like onslaught/poise, your numbers will get mucked up, so try to use green uncommon gear)
5) Check the new numbers on dps chart/pop up (which will most likely be the same as "naked", meaning it had no effect)

Giruv

Merchant
Royal Guardian
Characters
Verrier
Platform
PC
Yeah, it still doesn't work on any class right now.

SprigOfHalcyon

Master Farmer
Royal Guardian
Platform
Android, PC
WOW I am floored! I had no idea!!!

I'd been thinking augment runes were important this whole time! hahahahahaha.

Weird that things like precision talent don't affect the tooltip, but work, and then this does affect the tooltip, but doesn't work, d'oh!

Reactions: Giruv
  • Likex1

Majenta

Villager
Forum Moderator
Platform
PC
Is it not also possible that it is the dummys in the village which do not work properly?

Dawnfire

Great Adventurer
Royal Guardian
Characters
Athon Dawnfire
Platform
Android, PC
@Majenta That's a valid question. I did some non dummy tests and came up with the same results

Pookey

Hunter
Characters
Pookey2
Platform
PC
This is why I would like to hear from devs on this issue

SprigOfHalcyon

Master Farmer
Royal Guardian
Platform
Android, PC
I tested on heal spell, same result, the augment didn't appear to do anything.

Karen Souldancer

Bog Frog
Royal Guardian
Platform
iOS, Android, PC, Steam
dang, yes, I tested it with Shadow Orbs on my priest. I took off everything except my rings and weapon, and hit an elder dummy several times with the rings on and off. They do the exact same damage (around 29k) either way. The rings should have added about 600, which should have been noticeable.
I'm looking at the system chat messages. (I also looked at the HP drop on the dummy, but that is harder to tell if there is a difference, since it heals)

The items do affect the numbers of the description, and that's all I had looked at before. (I've spent several sockets to gnogment 2 sets of rings for zero effect! No wonder I didn't actually feel stronger.)

Sinjin

Jack Of All Trades
Platform
iOS
Someone suggested in another thread that there may be some wonkishness going on with the elder dummies, so I tested both water shield and shaman hots. Neither received any benefit from equipping rings with augmentation runes. (The reason why I chose rings is because they don’t affect my mastery which would otherwise cause the values to change as items were equipped.)

It’s definitely broken.

Ashwin K

Hunter
Characters
AshK , ashwk
Platform
Android, PC
Infact these spell++ runes decreases the spell damage instead of increasing it. They do exact opposite of what they are supposed to do and I had wasted sockets for these without knowing it. I had tested it for shadow orb++ and shadow blast++. In both the case it only decreases the damage from the normal damage. It is bonkers!!

Argus

Servant of Mallok
Characters
Argus Jessengith, Argus Shadow, Argus Skyhawk
Platform
Android, PC
Is there any possibility of fixing this bug? Because right now many who are not aware of this spending sockets on to it. I understand that fixing this bug might need another set of play balance update as current setup doesn't take into account the + runes. So if it will never going to be fixed then it should be removed totally so that we don't spend sockets or try to farm gears for those runes.

Typhen

Jack Of All Trades
Characters
Typhen, Chisal, Rhaum, etc.
Platform
iOS
So from June 5, 2020, “We’re going to work on a fix for this one.” till September 20, and still no fix with many players unknowingly wasting real life money on socketing runes that don’t work. Seriously though, I’m going to bet that Apple doesn’t take kindly to game developers that use apps on their platform to cheat players out of money for things that don’t work. Why isn’t this fixed yet? Come on Otter, this has to be illegal. Either remove the option of socketing those runes or warn people in game that they don’t really work. Cheating people out of money for something that doesn’t work is called stealing, and the devs should be ashamed of stealing from the community.

Pookey

Hunter
Characters
Pookey2
Platform
PC
I think we need a reply from otters here. I know I have spent real money on sockets and didn’t even know the runes didn’t work

Argus

Servant of Mallok
Characters
Argus Jessengith, Argus Shadow, Argus Skyhawk
Platform
Android, PC
Seriously though, I’m going to bet that Apple doesn’t take kindly to game developers that use apps on their platform to cheat players out of money for things that don’t work. Why isn’t this fixed yet?
I am not exactly a long time players, only 1 year but in this 1 year what i have seen i can say otters are not cheating and they are not exactly that kind of devs at all. So probably we should ask for an update rather than straight away saying cheating money in my opinion.

Pookey

Hunter
Characters
Pookey2
Platform
PC
I am not exactly a long time players, only 1 year but in this 1 year what i have seen i can say otters are not cheating and they are not exactly that kind of devs at all. So probably we should ask for an update rather than straight away saying cheating money in my opinion.
Absolutely agree!!

Typhen

Jack Of All Trades
Characters
Typhen, Chisal, Rhaum, etc.
Platform
iOS
We’ve been asking for an update from Otters since June 4. It’s now September 20th. How long does a company get to take people’s money for something that doesn’t work before it’s ok to call it stealing?