ParmaV

Hunter
Platform
  1. Android
Please can a dev answer this as only they will actually know.
Are the legendary weapon fragments given to players in the new player calendar capped to lvl 95 or will they give me, for example, a lvl 97 weapon if I hold onto them until after the level cap is raised.

Reactions: Renaiss and Pieberry
  • Likex2

Hotdogs and Milk

BRA Member
Characters
Hotdogs and milk
Platform
  1. Android
Alot of players save them for 95 so they can use the 95 legendary spells to gnogment to their 95 crafted because apparently legendary weapons have higher spell #s

Hotdogs and Milk

BRA Member
Characters
Hotdogs and milk
Platform
  1. Android
Are the legendary weapon fragments given to players in the new player calendar capped to lvl 95 or will they give me, for example, a lvl 97 weapon if I hold onto them until after the level cap is raised.
95 frags like 90 frags go to 4 levels up so why wouldn't 95 frags go to 99

Pieberry

Master Villager
Royal Guardian
Characters
Berit, Pieberry, Sumida Gawa, Ephie
Platform
  1. iOS
95 frags like 90 frags go to 4 levels up so why wouldn't 95 frags go to 99
Because elder frags are elder frags and calendar pieces are different items using a different method to combine etc. Logically similar but it'll be different code.

Reactions: Renaiss
  • Likex1

Renaiss

Reader
It would be nice to get an answer from a Dev on this question. I think a lot of players would like to know if it's worth saving those new player fragments past level 95. :unsure:

Reactions: Pieberry
  • Likex1

Hotdogs and Milk

BRA Member
Characters
Hotdogs and milk
Platform
  1. Android
B
It would be nice to get an answer from a Dev on this question. I think a lot of players would like to know if it's worth saving those new player fragments past level 95. :unsure:
I definitely believe it is definitely 💯% Werther's original to save them . In previous level cap increase the elder frags always go up 4 levels once they're able to. Why would they all of a sudden change something they have embedded into their game coding

Pieberry

Master Villager
Royal Guardian
Characters
Berit, Pieberry, Sumida Gawa, Ephie
Platform
  1. iOS
Logistics would say ask someone who was around when the other level caps were raised , did those players save the elder frags from the level caps were ever they got stuck at waiting on new content and what happened to the elder frags after their level cap was raised ? I think it is safe to say that they will go as far as level 99 since the elder frags always go up to 4 levels higher than they are..I mean if you look at the elder frags from previous le el cap they don't stop at the level cap they would go up to 4 levels higher amirite? I think the wiki even says that they go up 4 levels so 90 elder frags would go to 94 and 95 elder frags would go to 99 but you can't get that 99 elder weapon yet the level cap is still 95 I don't think we will see 99 for quite a while look at oasis we might never get that event let alone new content lol I'm going to say a prayer maybe we get to use our 95 frags next year for the level increase. . Prayers for high lvl content to keep these players from killing each other over silly things like elder frags that can only reach level 95 at the current state. Please let them know that everything is going to be ok they just need to calm down and chill out there will be plenty of good things in future bless you and bles your dog and bless us with cat ears meoooowwew
And yet, we are not talking about elder frags. It's a sensible question and something to test.

Reactions: Massakari
  • Likex1

Hotdogs and Milk

BRA Member
Characters
Hotdogs and milk
Platform
  1. Android
The fragments from the calender are not capped at 95 when the new level increases either. They will go as far as 100 when we are able to go there ourselves. Didn't you save your calendar weapon pieces?? I think they tell you when you first start the game to save them for max level because you get a level scaled legendary elder weapon for free and at the max level now it's 95 but by next year we will be able to reach max level 100 save them for level 100. Maybe they will increase the cap to 150 someday maybe save them for later increased levels too many decisions.

Hotdogs and Milk

BRA Member
Characters
Hotdogs and milk
Platform
  1. Android
You most definitely will want to save those calender weapon pieces of course if you are an old player you probably used them at 95 when they raised the cap to 95. That was a good decision to save them for a level cap increase I would say .do you think if you put in a cs ticket you can get those back if you were playing for years and used them like 10 years ago on a lvl 55 elder weapon before they raised the cap ? I bet there's a lot of older players that would cash out on that chance when the level cap raises to 100.
I'm going to say I honestly do feel like the chances of those calender fragments to make the elder legendary weapons are in fact going to go as far as level 100. When they raised the cap in the past didn't they scaled with the new content level increasing cap? That's why I believe in all my heart yes they will be worthy of saving for a level 100 weapon that will be legendary and scaled to your current level of your level is 100 then it will be a level 100 weapon.
calendar reward for the weapon fragments////\\\\ pieces

Hotdogs and Milk

BRA Member
Characters
Hotdogs and milk
Platform
  1. Android
You would definitely get a level scaled weapon when you combine them. If you're talking about the calendar reward. Save them for 100 of your looking for an easy legendary starter weapon at the cap when we reach it

IrishElf

Citizen
Forum Moderator
The fragments from the calender are not capped at 95 when the new level increases either. They will go as far as 100 when we are able to go there ourselves. Didn't you save your calendar weapon pieces?? I think they tell you when you first start the game to save them for max level because you get a level scaled legendary elder weapon for free and at the max level now it's 95 but by next year we will be able to reach max level 100 save them for level 100. Maybe they will increase the cap to 150 someday maybe save them for later increased levels too many decisions.
You would definitely get a level scaled weapon when you combine them. If you're talking about the calendar reward. Save them for 100 of your looking for an easy legendary starter weapon at the cap when we reach it
You most definitely will want to save those calender weapon pieces of course if you are an old player you probably used them at 95 when they raised the cap to 95. That was a good decision to save them for a level cap increase I would say .do you think if you put in a cs ticket you can get those back if you were playing for years and used them like 10 years ago on a lvl 55 elder weapon before they raised the cap ? I bet there's a lot of older players that would cash out on that chance when the level cap raises to 100.
I'm going to say I honestly do feel like the chances of those calender fragments to make the elder legendary weapons are in fact going to go as far as level 100. When they raised the cap in the past didn't they scaled with the new content level increasing cap? That's why I believe in all my heart yes they will be worthy of saving for a level 100 weapon that will be legendary and scaled to your current level of your level is 100 then it will be a level 100 weapon.
calendar reward for the weapon fragments////\\\\ pieces
Since we do not know as yet if they will work for a player over level 95, it's best not to imply or advise they will work at level 100. That is up to what the Devs decide and if it changes I'm sure they'll let us know.

The "new player items pop-up screen/items" was/were added after the cap was already at lvl 95, so the weapon fragments were never changed from the time they were put into the game.

Also, please do not suggest that players can put in a CS ticket for an item they previously used in hopes of getting it replaced later for a higher level item. That's not the way it works or meant to work.

Thank you :)

Renaiss

Reader
The "new player items pop-up screen/items" was/were added after the cap was already at lvl 95, so the weapon fragments were never changed from the time they were put into the game.
Thank you for this clarification! I was wondering which came first (level cap raise to 95 or the new player calendar), but I gave up on trying to find the answer in Forums. 🙇‍♀️

Reactions: IrishElf
  • Likex1

Shyama

Bog Frog
Characters
way too many... :)
Platform
  1. Android
  2. PC
The legendary weapon pieces from the newbie calendar were around before the raise to 95; I started playing about 6 months before that. I hit 90 after the expansion was announced but before that build went live, so I saved my calendar weapon pieces... and got a nice 95 weapon out of it. Since very few people had mythic recipes at all then, much less mastered, it was good enough to use for that toon's main weapon.

Of course, no guarantees... but for what it's worth, I'd be really surprised if the weapon frags cap at 95.

IrishElf

Citizen
Forum Moderator
The legendary weapon pieces from the newbie calendar were around before the raise to 95; I started playing about 6 months before that. I hit 90 after the expansion was announced but before that build went live, so I saved my calendar weapon pieces... and got a nice 95 weapon out of it. Since very few people had mythic recipes at all then, much less mastered, it was good enough to use for that toon's main weapon.

Of course, no guarantees... but for what it's worth, I'd be really surprised if the weapon frags cap at 95.
Thank you for the extra info. I could not go back past Feb 2018 due to the hack and resulting change to our new forums. None of the old records or update notes are able to be accessed.

IrishElf

Citizen
Forum Moderator
I did find this at the Wiki:

Trivia​

This reward system was introduced in May 2018, and replaced the previous rewards system (cards?).

Reactions: Renaiss and Zazie
  • Likex2

Renaiss

Reader
The legendary weapon pieces from the newbie calendar were around before the raise to 95; I started playing about 6 months before that. I hit 90 after the expansion was announced but before that build went live, so I saved my calendar weapon pieces... and got a nice 95 weapon out of it.
Thanks for this useful info! This does raise some interesting questions though. Did the Devs know they'd be increasing the level cap to 95 when the weapon fragments were created? Did they limit the weapon's level based on that anticipated increase, or did they anticipate future increases and place no maximum level on the weapon? 🤷‍♀️🤔

Majenta

Villager
Forum Moderator
Platform
  1. PC
The fragments from the calendar simply form a weapon at the level of the character upon creation - I don't think there is any "cap" on them at all, nor ever has been.

As mentioned above, they functioned exactly as expected at eg 95 after the max level rose from 90 to 95. I doubt anything has changed so I am confident that they will work at 97, 100 or (should max ever reach that high) 250.

What I am less certain about is the actual wisdom in waiting to max level to use them anyway, but that is probably best left for another thread...

ParmaV

Hunter
Platform
  1. Android
Although not the definitive answer from the devs I was hoping for Shyama and Majenta's comments that these fragments scaled with a previous level cap increase does encourage me that they won't be wasted if I save them until a higher lvl.

As Majenta indicates any discussion regarding when to use them is for another thread.

Reactions: Renaiss
  • Likex1