Tinnysman

Legendary Hero
Platform
Android, PC
With the recent nerfs to Wizard and Shadow Priests and the buffs to hunters it seems hunters would be the best now. Also, how good are marksman hunters now that all of their dmg abilities got increased damage by 10%? I would also like to know how good are hunters at soloing content?

Giruv

Merchant
Characters
Verrier
Platform
PC
I think on 95 elders, Shadow Priest is still the best DPS, tho Nature hunter might be better at Raid (I don't have a good benchmark for this one yet).

Marksman Hunter is always a good class, but you need to be able to play around "Vengeance" ultimate for solo to make it felt really good and on group the "Show them How" talent is just amazing for the group. If your goal is purely DPS then Marksman is still kinda disappointing, the 10% damage increase is good, but the gap from pure DPS class is still pretty big.

Characters
BashaDrake, Elmeti, Knytro
Platform
Android
Going mostly from what I have seen on Prisma and the ladder, Shadow is rocking the dps, with hunter and wizard a close second. A few exceptional Fury and Shaman builds can compete on dps. I don't know how any others fare in solo, but my Nature alt is doing just fine in the Blight zones.

Ashwin K

Hunter
Characters
AshK , ashwk
Platform
Android, PC
Shadow priests are still best when it comes to dps. For nature hunters, we need better alternative spells from the tempest of roc and ferocity of wolverine. Both absolutely serves no purpose and used by none.
Regarding marksman, still they need massive boost to increase the dps. Right now they seem to the class with lowest dps.

Reactions: Ildranach and Rohana
  • Likex2

Ashwin K

Hunter
Characters
AshK , ashwk
Platform
Android, PC
One suggestion for ferocity of wolverine, instead of boosting haste why not make it something like arcane alarcity for wizzies or may be increase in the savagery and brutality over the 30 seconds. That makes it useful for nature and marksman as well.

Rubyn

Arch Wizard
Characters
Rubyn
Platform
Android, PC
From experience of wiz recently nerfed, yes, shadow and hunt are best now and catching up is mana drain. Only difference between shadow and nature is how much mana they require to be top dps. It's definitely not balanced, so I fear any more buffs to hunt will make him more op and other classes useless again.

Ekimie

Hunter
Royal Guardian
Platform
Steam
I am a marksman Hunter and I am a
From experience of wiz recently nerfed, yes, shadow and hunt are best now and catching up is mana drain. Only difference between shadow and nature is how much mana they require to be top dps. It's definitely not balanced, so I fear any more buffs to hunt will make him more op and other classes useless again.
Manadrain too so you're not alone. Usually I am out halfway the first ladder boss and when there aren't 30 seconds in-between bosses to regain mana, I am bottom of the charts for the rest of the ladder cause its a one-feat fight for me

Rubyn

Arch Wizard
Characters
Rubyn
Platform
Android, PC
But it's difference between needing to use 15 and 50+ mana pots for results. You're marksman hunt, right? I would like to hear from nature hunt how many mana pots are needed for non-stop dmg output, and how much for shadow. That way we could see how are classes balanced.
I know how much mana these classes use, but it doesn't seem to be common knowledge now. đŸ˜‰

Immoralbean

Grand Priest
Characters
Immoral
Platform
iOS, PC
But it's difference between needing to use 15 and 50+ mana pots for results. You're marksman hunt, right? I would like to hear from nature hunt how many mana pots are needed for non-stop dmg output, and how much for shadow. That way we could see how are classes balanced.
I know how much mana these classes use, but it doesn't seem to be common knowledge now. đŸ˜‰
Speaking from the perspective of a Shadow Priest, I burn tru mana pots, scornyx and full mana. Haven't played the other top dps classes as they are called on high levels, but from my perspective everyone wanting to deal damage, needs to be aware that more damage means more casting thus more mana, and if you forfeit clarity and intellect in all of your gear like me, just to have better survival/dmg output you need to deal with the fact that you will become a mana consummable addict.

Ashwin K

Hunter
Characters
AshK , ashwk
Platform
Android, PC
Last edited
It costs around 4o mana pots for lvl 95 elder run for my nature hunter but he does have over 16k on clarity as base. Mana management is more of build related thing rather than class related issue.
My lvl 91 shadow priest(sockets only on mace) can still out damage most fully build lvl 95 players on the ladder without mana issue cause of the build since I have well read talent from discipline tree.

Rubyn

Arch Wizard
Characters
Rubyn
Platform
Android, PC
I have 18.5k clarity without buff, and use 60-75 mana pots as fire wiz. Could be because most spells are still over 100 mana cost, and 500 mana...
I invested in mana managment, only thing I can't sacrifice is talents for mana.
Regarding ladder, I wouldn't always take that as accurate measure of dmg.

Kitty the Hunter

BRA Member
Platform
PC
Once a class or subclass is generally known as fun to play it will be nerfed. In that spirit I ask this thread to be closed asap. PS hunters are not the best dps fighters. not even close. Ice is the most dps class but you didn't hear it from me.

Lucas Crowalker

Great Adventurer
Characters
Lucas Crowalker, Lucas Dragonheart, Lucas Pheonixfire
Platform
iOS, PC
instead of boosting haste why not make it something like arcane alarcity for wizzies or may be increase in the savagery and brutality over the 30 seconds.
I am a wizard, and I think the haste increase is really useful when outrunning enemies or doing village projects too. I enjoy it, and if you want to increase savagery and brutality you can use trinkets.

Lucas Crowalker

Great Adventurer
Characters
Lucas Crowalker, Lucas Dragonheart, Lucas Pheonixfire
Platform
iOS, PC
Speaking from the perspective of a Shadow Priest, I burn tru mana pots, scornyx and full mana. Haven't played the other top dps classes as they are called on high levels, but from my perspective everyone wanting to deal damage, needs to be aware that more damage means more casting thus more mana, and if you forfeit clarity and intellect in all of your gear like me, just to have better survival/dmg output you need to deal with the fact that you will become a mana consummable addict.
Fire wizzies have an ultimate that finds them a way around the Mana Drain. The ultimate makes their main fire attacking spell cost 0 mana.