Meagan

Citizen
Platform
Android, PC
I have some questions about non-recurring membership.
My first 3 month term is running out this month, so I have purchased the next one, and ended up with a premium item in my inventory. When I tried using it, the game client said that I have an ongoing membership.

Do I need to wait for the current membership to expire completely before I can use the next one?

What will happen to the items I store in the Society-only shared vault?

Majenta

Villager
Forum Moderator
Platform
PC
Yes, you do need to wait for the first three months to expire before using the second one.

Nothing will happen to the items in the shared vaults. When the first membership expires, they will be effectively "locked" in the vault, but as soon as you use the second one, you will be able to access them again (exactly the same as any items in your house vault if you do not log in for more than 14 days and lose your house - the items simply stay there until you get another house).

Reactions: Meagan
  • Likex1

Meagan

Citizen
Platform
Android, PC
Yes, you do need to wait for the first three months to expire before using the second one.

Nothing will happen to the items in the shared vaults. When the first membership expires, they will be effectively "locked" in the vault, but as soon as you use the second one, you will be able to access them again (exactly the same as any items in your house vault if you do not log in for more than 14 days and lose your house - the items simply stay there until you get another house).
Thank you

Jolon

Adventurer
Characters
Jolon, Jenalya
Platform
iOS
Can you only buy the AS membership in advance on PC? I tried on mobile several different times a few days leading up to expiration, and it would never let me buy it, just kept saying I was already a member. Was banking on that handy discount while still active so I could justify spending the money. 🤑

Nadiria

Adventurer
Royal Guardian
Platform
iOS
Can you only buy the AS membership in advance on PC? I tried on mobile several different times a few days leading up to expiration, and it would never let me buy it, just kept saying I was already a member. Was banking on that handy discount while still active so I could justify spending the money. 🤑
Yes - I have never been able to "buy ahead" by even a few days on mobile; you have to either wait till it expires on mobile, or grab your pc, fire up a browser and go to the online payment portal.

Mine is expiring tomorrow, so I need to go do that tonight! Don't want to miss a minute of my Ardent Society!

Tiberius

Neonga Nation
Forum Moderator
Can you only buy the AS membership in advance on PC? I tried on mobile several different times a few days leading up to expiration, and it would never let me buy it, just kept saying I was already a member.
You can't renew your recurring (i.e. automatically renewing) membership early, this is the same on all platforms.

What Ize is talking about it the NON-recurring membership item you can buy in the item store for crowns. I think we call them "single use" in the store. (They are the only option for Steam users to get the AS membership, because Steam doesn't allow us to offer the traditional membership in their platform). The membership you get from that item is NOT automatically renewing, but you can buy more than one of those items in advance if you want. But as Majenta already pointed out, you can only renew your membership if your old one has ended, even with those membership items.

Reactions: Meagan and Nadiria
  • Likex2

Jolon

Adventurer
Characters
Jolon, Jenalya
Platform
iOS
Still confused. I don’t have an option on iOS to buy a recurring membership. Just 3 month or 6 month non-recurring. It would not let me spend the crowns on those items while my AS membership was active to get the 10% off my next round of AS, which I remember the livestream talking about as an option - unless that was only for recurring?

Reactions: Celebron.
  • Likex1

Halleebell

Squirrel
Characters
Hallee/Freyra
Platform
iOS, PC
Still confused. I don’t have an option on iOS to buy a recurring membership. Just 3 month or 6 month non-recurring. It would not let me spend the crowns on those items while my AS membership was active to get the 10% off my next round of AS, which I remember the livestream talking about as an option - unless that was only for recurring?
I believe you have to get on your pc and purchase it. I think on pc it goes to your bags rather then automatically applying. So on mobile you have to wait till it ends. On pc it’s almost like an item you can purchase. At least that’s what Iv gathered from guildies. I haven’t tried it. So I could be wrong.

Nadiria

Adventurer
Royal Guardian
Platform
iOS
So sorry @Jolon - You are correct, there is no option for a recurring membership on iOS.

Here's what I do:

Navigate to this page: https://villagersandheroes.com/store/ and sign in. On a PC, you can find a direct link to that page in the top menu of this website called "Buy Crowns".

Once on that page, you will log in with your game credentials. Very important - use the email/password you use for gameplay, not for the forums! (And yes, your passwords should be different. It's 2020, people, I shouldn't have to explain *why* LOL)

That landing page for the store will look like this, (see below) and you can stop here and purchase crowns, *or* you can click on the "Subscriptions" (circled in red) tab, and go there to complete your subscription set up.

A5F0F5F7-757A-45D8-B1D2-8A7BA8469DE9.jpeg

I would show you what that "Subscriptions" page looks like, but currently it just shows my shiny new 6 month AS subscription and the renewal date LOL

Hope this helps!

edited for clarity

Reactions: Jolon
  • Likex1

Simplicity

Master Cook
Platform
iOS, PC
Very important - use the email/password you use for gameplay, not for the forums! (And yes, your passwords should be different. It's 2020, people, I shouldn't have to explain *why* LOL)
edited for clarity
You mean my password (password1)? Goodness, I’ll change it right now to password123! ;)

Reactions: Nadiria and Zazie
  • Hahax2