Sarah Otter

Mad Otter Games
Developer
Hi, Everyone,

With one of the recent Android updates, some of you have been unable to chat, and have vanishing input boxes/screen gets cut off, and we know it's been very frustrating. So I just want to reassure those of you with this issue, that we are not ignoring this bug! Our software technician has been investigating it. However, because we now know that it only pertains to s7 devices, we need to reproduce it on such a device. So one has been ordered, and is on the way to Mad Otter. I can't say when it will arrive exactly, but please be aware that we hope to have a fix for this issue, shortly after it does.

So those of you with this bug, please hang in there! I will update this thread as we know more.

Thank you for your on-going patience.

KID PUMPKIN

Adventurer
Platform
Android
I'm super happy to read this, well that it's acknowledged, not that theres an actual bug, even though I didn't know a tab active 3 was considered an s7, must be that the software updates are the same, across the devices then.

irenedelee

Master Blacksmith
Characters
Oudeheks, Almira Adora, Jasmijn
Platform
Android
it is indeed, very annoying, playing on a samsung tab S6. i can chat if i tab the |||, and then go back to the game, but i can't see what i am writing

KID PUMPKIN

Adventurer
Platform
Android
it is indeed, very annoying, playing on a samsung tab S6. i can chat if i tab the |||, and then go back to the game, but i can't see what i am writing
I have to rotate my tab active 3, to see the chat box, tap the box and it brings up the keyboard but makes the box disappear, rotate again to see chat box, then when I start typing it disappears again, and I have to rotate again to see what I type. I don't blame the Otters for this at all, it's that stupid software update, that we can't undo, that did it.

irenedelee

Master Blacksmith
Characters
Oudeheks, Almira Adora, Jasmijn
Platform
Android
not only samsung tablets 7, like said in the game. i have a samsung tab s6 and have the same problem

Reactions: KID PUMPKIN
  • Likex1

Sarah Otter

Mad Otter Games
Developer
Hi, Everyone,

We are getting closer to a fix. In the meantime, here is a message from the programmer who is working on the issue:

We have heard reports of a bug on some Samsung tablets where the keyboard does not appear on the chat window after the latest Android update. We hope to have a fix soon. Based on our testing, the bug does not occur the first time running the game after rebooting the device until you quit the game and restart. So in the meantime, a work around is to reboot the device before playing and place the game in the background rather than quitting when you are done playing. Sorry for the inconvenience.

Reactions: PlatinumPlatypus
  • Likex1
Characters
BashaDrake, Elmeti, Knytro
Platform
Android
With respect, the bug occurs for me every time, reboot or not.
The chat window is extended below my screen whether it's when I first open the game or not:
Screenshot_20221122_080915_Villagers and Heroes MMO.jpg

The only way to get the keyboard is to minimize the game:

Screenshot_20221122_080929_One UI Home.jpg

This bring up the keyboard, but I still can't see what I am typing:
Screenshot_20221122_081018_Villagers and Heroes MMO.jpg
I have to minimize the game to see what I typed:
Screenshot_20221122_081032_Villagers and Heroes MMO.jpg
This happens every single time, no exceptions.

Reactions: KID PUMPKIN
  • Likex1
Characters
Platform
Android
As a follow-up, I noticed the Android patch bug also affected discord. The emoji list is cut off on the right side, as is the list of pics. I don't know if this info will help or not, but thought I'd include it for you.
Screenshot_20221122_082809_Discord.jpgScreenshot_20221122_082847_Discord.jpg

IrishElf

Citizen
Forum Moderator
As a follow-up, I noticed the Android patch bug also affected discord. The emoji list is cut off on the right side, as is the list of pics. I don't know if this info will help or not, but thought I'd include it for you.
View attachment 17635View attachment 17636
Mad Otter doesn't own discord or work on it. The V&H wiki is player operated but available to other players.
If it is happening on other platforms (like Discord), it is likely in your device.

Characters
Platform
Android
I know they don't own discord. I just thought if they were aware it was affecting discord as well, it might help them troubleshoot the problem with their code.

IrishElf

Citizen
Forum Moderator
I am seeing something similar on facebook, so it is likely something with a recent windows update.

KID PUMPKIN

Adventurer
Platform
Android
I cant speak for windows, but every device in my house has this same problem, and I can honestly say, it was definitely the android software update. My fathers tablet updated far further back then my own ( my device is about 5 years old, he has the newest Samsung tablet ), his device has had this chatbug over a month or so, and until I updated the software on my device, I didn't have this problem, so it's not anyone's device that's really at vault, just the lousy update that can't be undone unfortunately.

Jytal

Servant of Mallok
Platform
iOS
No, windows is the operating system for the android devices. :)
Android devices use their own Android OS’ and they’re based off Linux, nothing to do with windows.
Additionally, the S7 tablet that was referred to a few times uses Android 10 (or higher as the version) as the OS.

IrishElf

Citizen
Forum Moderator
Ah, thank you for the info. I use computer almost completely. Last I knew (pre 2008) phones had windows LOL Go figure