InSaNiA

Arch Wizard
Characters
ExPuRoSiOn (Fire Wiz), Hawkeye but Purple (Marksman)
Platform
Android
Last edited
Hey guys! ExPuRoSiOn here, your friendly Lvl95 Arsonist from US2. (>^w^)>

I'm posting this guide (and more to come if this is well received) because a lot of players in our server (with Fire Wizard mains or alts) have been asking me for tips and tricks on how to become a better Fire Wizard, or at least how I've built mine. I don't really have time to talk them through about it one by one for hours since I also have some stuff to do, so I will post my thoughts here instead.

Note: This is my first time doing this and I'm not really good at expressing my thoughts, plus English is my second language so please forgive me if I said something difficult to understand. I'm trying my best to communicate lol.

KAVE
already posted a very good guide for Fire Wizard Subclass and I believe every basic thing about a Fire Wizard was already discussed there so I won't include those here. The things I will discuss here are the "sort of" advanced mechanics, based on end-game content, to better understand how a Fire Wheeze should be built/played.

The objectives of this Guide (I'm saying its a guide but I actually just want to say what I know of this class) are:

1. Fire Wizards as a subclass.
2. Purpose/role of Fire Wizards in a group setting.
3. Recommended Stats and Glyphs
4. Recommended Talents, Weapon, and Trinket Feats, and how to use them.
5. How to Solo Raid without Dying or needing to use Rezzies, Full Heals, and other premium items
6. How to Group Raid without Dying or needing to use Rezzies, Full Heals, and other premium items

#1 Fire Wizards as a Subclass
- The Fire Wizard is the DPS subclass for Wizard Class. They are the minions of RNGesus (chance to activate Volcanic Blast, chance to trigger Combustion, Chance to heal yourself with Cauterize, chance to activate Rain of Destruction, chances everywhere), set things on fire, nuke bad bois to death with a ball straight from a volcano's mouth, and drop meteors to from the sky. They are selfish and violent arsonists that do not care about the safety of other people. They bathe themselves with the blood of their enemies while rubbing mana potions on their skin to keep it nice silky smooth. As long as they can burn and kill stuff, and heal themselves while doing so, they don't care much about everything else. Ultimately, Fire Wizards have combos that, when done right, can break the damage charts and wipe out a whole group of mobs instantly without taking any damage, or at least dying.

#2 Purpose/Role of Fire Wizards in a group setting.
- This is where you will know if a Fire Wizard is a good or a bad wizard. One bad move and you kill everyone in your team. The purpose of a Fire Wiz is mainly to deal damage, coz Fire Wizzies literally have zero supporting spells (invisibility with 1 min cooldown? Nope. Inner Will? Hell Nope). But in an organized group setting such as Raids, dealing damage comes second.

On a 3-man raid group setting, your main objective is to not let your tanks and healers die. You have to know when and what spells to use, your positioning, the amount of threat you generate, and which type of mob should be prioritized.

a. "But wait, how do I not let my tanks or healers die when I don't have supporting spells?" Well, first, get to know them. Observe how well your meatshield takes damage or handles mobs. Check how well can your medics keep your team alive. If you see that your tank gets damaged easily, then don't pull anything more than they can handle and let them decide how many and when to pull. I'm pretty sure those tanks know how many mobs they can handle at a time. If you see that your healers are having a rough time keeping your tanks alive, then avoid taking damage yourself. Be mindful of your positioning and the timing of your stuns.

If the tank pulls just 1 or 2 mobs, then don't be impatient. Do not pull another 2 or 3 mobs, or else you will kill your tank, then yourself, then your healer. Then you waste everyone precious Rezzies, full pots, and time, then everyone will hate you for it, then no one will invite you to group up anymore coz you are an insensitive wizard. Then you become lonely and stick to being a blueberry farmer for your next toon/character, or worse, quit the game and tell everyone that your teammates suck.

If the healer is being attacked by a random mob even if they didn't do anything other than staying behind the tank while healing, then get that mob's attention. Stun it. Throw spells on it. Generate threat to attract its attention and if possible, pull it near your tank so your AOE spells kill the other mobs altogether. If it's not possible to pull by yourself (e.g. ranged mobs such as archers, wizards, and priests), then let your tank know that he must try to pull it, or pull the other mobs near it instead, or just kill it by yourself. If you let your healer die, your tank will die, then everyone dies, then the blame game will commence.

b. You have to know when to throw spells and where you should position yourself. Smashing buttons and watching the damage charts go up feels very nice, sure. But generating more threat than your tank is not good, you will end up killing yourself. And if you die, your team will have a hard time dealing with the mobs while you try to get back and regroup with them from death, or worse, you end up using precious Rezzies, full pots, and buffs then realizing you ran out of time to finish the raid/elder run. Then everyone is pissed.

Staying behind the tank is good, yeah. Staying near the healer is good, ok. BUT, take note, there are mobs that like to ignore the tank and prefer the rear. So when your group is going to enter a new room/set of mobs, stay back as far as you can to not attract the attention of the mobs and let the tanks do their mating call, but at the same time, stay as near as you can so you get to respond immediately and start throwing spells after your tank attracts all of them

c. Everyone always seems to focus on the bounty/boss, thinking that those big bad bois must go down first before their lackeys when in truth it should be the other way around. Almost everyone doesn't know this (or just don't pay attention to it) but bosses deal way less damage than their lackeys. Bosses are just meatshields that don't do anything other than intimidate you and make you think you should kill them first. But NO. You must, and you always must, kill the small fries first (EXCEPT, if the boss has Soul Link or Cyclone affixes, then bring them down asap, 100% of the time) because they are the ones that have a 100% chance to obliterate your team if left unattended (especially those marksman hunter mobs, OMG I hate them so much). And this is where Fire Wizards shine the most, in my opinion, because #1 You have Volcanic Blast and Combust that can literally 1 shot the poor mob, #2 You have 4 AOE spells/feats (Inferno, Meteor, Raid of Destruction, and Fire Burst) that can easily wipe out big groups of ads in a matter of seconds, and #3 You have a low cooldown AOE stun (Fire Burst) that can stun-lock groups of mobs, making them very easy to handle.

But all of those things above would be very hard to execute if your Fire Wizard isn't well equipped with Stats and Glyphs.

#3 Recommended Stats and Glyphs

- For stats, it's fairly straightforward (there's no other way tbh):

a. Fire Master/Fire Power (primary) - increases the effects of your spells by %. This influences the orange/red numbers on your Fire spell tooltips. It also increases the amount of heal your Cauterize gives. This is why Cauterize heals you much more inside raids than outside, due to bonus Fire Power given by your Dungeoneering
b. Expertise/Cooldown reduction (primary)- having a low cooldown allows you to throw more spells per minute, giving you higher chances of activating Glyphs, Cauterize, Volcanic Blast, and Rain of Destruction.
c. Haste/Attack Speed (primary)- makes you auto-attack way faster, but also shortens your spell casting time. Casting times can determine your fate. If you have high att spd, you get to throw a normal attack in between spells, and you have reduced casting time to throw a fireball or cast stun to save yourself or your buddies (casting time is how long your wizard needs to raise its staff to throw Inferno or Scorching Burn. Trust me, it takes forever to throw those two spells if you have very low att spd. or have an att spd debuff such as Webbed from Spiders, or Toxins from Brutes in Mulgrew Swamp raid).
d. Savagery/Critical Chance (primary)- gives you a certain % chance of making your damaging spells/debuffs critically hit. This also applies to your Damage Over Time spells like Set Ablaze and Meteor DoT. The higher your % chance to critically strike, the higher your total damage is, the higher your chances of gaining a Rain of Destruction charge (when it reaches to 5 charges then you get to hear a deafening noise and see little orange pebbles fall from the sky LOL)
e. Brutality/Critical Damage (primary)- increases the amount of damage your critical strikes do by a certain %. The higher crit dmg you have, the higher dmg you deal, the faster you kill stuff. Simple as that.
f. Armor, Magic Resistance, and Vitality/Health (secondary) - If you don't have these Stats on a decent amount and grow up as a glass cannon, then enjoy getting 1 shot on lvl95 Elder runs. Or see yourself getting solo killed by a mere marksman mob on a Bellamere Palace raid, or see your head get smashed by a rock thrown by those cooks in the Palace Kitchen. You can't do your job of dealing as much damage as you can if you die immediately after the battle starts. You need to have enough resistances to survive huge bursts of damage from enemies or take several hits for 2 or 3 seconds while waiting for your AOE stun to come off cooldown, or while waiting for your tank and healer to save your butt.
g. Mana, Mana Regen, Mana Efficiency (secondary) - even though these stats need a serious overhaul (Hi Devs lol), it helps to have a little bit of them, but not more than 3 stars. If you want to be a glass cannon, I recommend ignoring it and keep chugging mana pots and eating all consumable mana buffs (royal mana increases, Scronyxes, Breakfasts, Mana Rolls, etc). Abuse/Utilize the Arcane Alacrity, Mind Spark, Zephyrs Enclave feats, and Rift Bonded talent from Arcane Talent Tree for mana sustainability.
h. Health Regen (bruh, don't)- just forget about it. Don't even think about putting this filth anywhere on your gears. You have Cauterize, an instant heal, which will keep you at full health 99% of the time.
i. Ice Mastery/Ice Power (uuuhhmmm, No. Please.) - you are a fire wiz with absolutely zero ice spells, why would you even consider this? SHAME ON YOU (don't get me wrong, I love my Ice Wizards friends. They are the epitome of Loyalty and Faith. Even if they know Ice Wizards are meh, they still stick to it and have faith that someday the devs will listen to their cries xD)

- For Glyphs, a bit complex, needs serious consideration/planning:

a. Glory (primary)
- directly increases your Fire Power and resistances by a certain % per charge, up to 5 charges. Having a decent amount of Glory compensates for the loss/lack of armor and magic resistance on your build. This is also highly recommended on raids, especially at Solo.
b. Flux (primary)- directly increases your firepower for 30 seconds after spending 1500 mana. On Events Zones, Raids, and Elder Runs, this glyph is constantly activated due to the amount of mana you use. Mana fire has a base mana cost of 625 per shot. so just throw 3 Mana Fires then voila, you have Flux activated
c. Voidstrike (primary)- 5% chance to % deal bonus damage, which completely ignores resistances, based on the damage dealt by your single target spell upon use. The % bonus damage is based on the white number only, not white + orange numbers. so a lvl99 fireball of 18k dmg can only deal around 6k void dmg from 27.7k Voidstrike. This is not affected by critical hits or Volcanic Blast buff.
d. Poise (tertiary on Solo setting, primary on group setting) - directly increases your firepower by a certain % as long as your current health stays above 95%. If you don't get damaged too often, especially in a group setting, then this is the way to go. But if you like to Solo raids then forget about this and get Juggernaut instead
e. Juggernaut (secondary) - 5% chance to deal % bonus damage based on your current health. This is great if you have high Health (250k to 300k maybe).
f. Onslaught (secondary) - you deal bonus dmg on an enemy above a certain % health threshold. This is great with Volcanic Blast, since you get to 1 shot a poor mob, or deal significant damage on a bounty/boss/elder with it at the very start of the engagement.
g. Lifesteal (tertiary) - 15% chance to gain health based on the amt of damage you deal on an enemy. Not really that useful since Cauterize has greater chances of activating and heals you more, but having a bit of a lifesteal is good, esp. on Solo raids. It gives you a cute hp sustain.
h. Berserk/Blasting/Shielding (useless) - as a fire wiz, your duty is to deal damage, not receive them. So I don't recommend these things, even in a Solo setting. You are not tough enough to wait for Berserk charges to fill up. You are not tough enough to take hits in hopes of activating Blasting. And Shielding is just pure garbage of a Glyph.
i. Magic Find (so-so)- great for looking for better drops and getting your hopes up, then breaking your heart because the Natural Legendary Ring drop you found has a Mana, Mana Regen, Berserk, and Onslaught on it. DISGUSTING AS VOMIT ON HIS SWEATER ALREADY MOM'S SPAGHETTI

#4 Recommended Talents, Weapon and Trinket feats/spells, and how to use them (Considering you have done all five rebirths and have a total of 130 talent pts to spare)

- On your Staff: Fireball, Fireburst, Combust, Meteor, Scorching Burn/Inferno, Mana Fire, Arcane Alacrity
- On your Trinkets: Brutal Force + Zephyr's Enclave (I can't recommend anything other than these two, they're just too good and works VERY WELL with Fire Wizard spells and spell combos. I will discuss this later on)
- On your Talents: Max the whole Fire Talent Tree (105 pts), then Max the Rift Bonded Talent (15 pts, for mana sustainability) and the rest goes to Frostfire (10pts, gives a very nice boost on your damage) from Arcane Talent Tree. If you don't mind burning mana in seconds, then max out Frostfire (20pts) instead and put the rest to Rift Bonded (5 pts).

- So how do I use these spells/feats
a. When dealing with a single bounty/boss - start off with Combust then Mana Fire (to activate Combustion and Volcanic Blast), then Fireball(Volcanic Blast if you are lucky). If the bounty/boss reaches you without dying, stun it with Fireburst, then continue throwing Combust and Fireball. Rinse n repeat

b. When dealing with a group of mobs with a bounty - start off with Fireball to attract/aggro them all. Mobs tend to compress or stick near to each other when they are angry. When they do, pull them all in the same spot, stun them with Fireburst, then activate Brutal Force and throw Inferno and Meteor. Then proceed to kill the small fries first using single target fire spells (prioritizing the hunters and wizards since they deal huge dmg and give debuffs). By the time they recover from being stunned, your Fireburst is almost refreshed/done with cooldown so cast it again to stun-lock them and continue throwing spells to finish them off. Rinse n repeat.

c. If by chance that the group of mobs is tough, such as in Heroic Raids, do the ultimate wombo-combo below

Before Engagement: Arcane Alacrity, Destructive Forces, Zephyr's Enclave
- this is to get more dmg, high att spd, and cd reduc, giving you way less cooldown and casting time on so you get to stun lock the whole group with Fireburst while throwing Inferno and Meteor

During Engagement (1st Combo): Fireburst > Brutal Force > Inferno > Meteor
- doing this will immediately deal huge AOE dmg to the whole group, and Brutal Force gives you a 100% chance to critically strike with those AOEs and the DoT's they give, which then activates your Rain of Destruction, causing more AOE dmg. By the end of this combo, your Fireburst should be back from cooldown so you can then proceed to the next combo

During Engagement (2nd Combo): Fireburst > Mindspark > Arcane Alacrity > Brutal Force > Inferno > Meteor > Zephyr's Enclave > Barrage of single target spells
- activating Zephyr's Enclave right after casting Brutal Force, Mind Spark, and Arcane Alacrity will immediately remove 40% of their current cooldown. So if your Mind Spark has 2 min cd, it removes 48 seconds from it instantly, so you only need to wait for 1min 12sec instead. The same goes for Brutal Force and Arcane Alacrity. Plus, the bonus/addt'l cd reduction boost for a 20-second duration is nice while trying to finish off the remainder of the group using single target spells paired with Fireburst

The combo may sound absurd, try-hard, over the top, very complicated and whatnot, but that's how the spells are supposed to work, as far as I know. I'm pretty sure the veteran Fire Wizards know better than me, I've only played mine for a year.

#5 & 6. Well anyway, to see is to believe in this game. People won't believe anything you say that easily unless you show them some sort of proof. So I will be posting videos of myself how to raid as a Fire Wizard soon, without the need of using Rezzies, Full Pots, and other premium consumable items such as Rage Pots (I'm frequently accused of using Rage Pots, and honestly, I don't. Not even once have I used those).

Meanwhile, here is the video of me doing a Heroic 24 The Chanteuse's Rookery Solo Raid. Shout out to HeyKaas for video bombing my recording LOL

Let me know your thoughts/insights. Maybe I forgot something that you think should've been included in this very small confusing guide I made. Or maybe I just disclosed something I shouldn't have that the Devs might adjust/nerf it on the next patch rofl. Thanks for reading!

Heykathster

Squirrel
Characters
Kaasan, Heyboo, Daanger, Ok Bumi
Platform
iOS, PC
Expur you nailed this tutorial. NAILED IT. I would say that most of your raiding tips go for any and all dps players in group raids. Don’t make the healer heal you. And we all are watching each other’s health bars.

As a tank, healer and dps raider..: I have to add that every good raiding tank knows- they aren’t pulling how many they think THEY can handle... tank only pulls what they believe their healer can handle. Healer is 100% in charge of my pulls when I tank and if they tell me too many— I freaking listen! So even if it’s an “easy raid” in your mind... If you aren’t a healer well, for example, you might not know that you are getting madly poisoned in swamps with every dog bite and you will die in 4 seconds if the healer can’t cast their cure. Right? Felt easy for you... didn’t it?

This becomes imperative and make or break it at higher levels. So as a dps player... if you want to be a good raider who has a strong team.. listen and really listen to all the stuff your healers and tanks say even if you think it’s dumb. They know their limits too.

Also expur thanks for making this so freaking readable and hilarious. I can never finish a tutorial but I finished yours!!

Can confirm. Expur has become an amazing raider. Can confirm, like the rest of us- he probably had to learn some of this stuff the hard way. May as well let him be the trail blazer for you. Also shout out expur. It’s really cool that you are so open with your build and shots. Not everyone would be.

Reactions: Zaphyra
  • Likex1

Zaphyra

Master Villager
Characters
Retired
Platform
Android, PC
Thanks Expur... your tutorial was fun to read and easy to understand. 🔥🧙‍♀️👍

Giruv

Merchant
Royal Guardian
Characters
Verrier
Platform
PC
If I like using Scorching Burn which spell on your built is the best to be replaced with it?

InSaNiA

Arch Wizard
Characters
Platform
Android
If I like using Scorching Burn which spell on your built is the best to be replaced with it?
If you like Scorching Burn, then you can replace Inferno with it.

Inferno is only good for grouped mobs like in raids or Elder 95 runs. So aside from those, Inferno doesn't really have much use. It is low damage, long cooldown, long casting time, and high mana cost spell, which makes it the least used spell in my arsenal for Solo content.

I loved Scorching Burn when I was running solo while trying to get to Lvl95. 95 is a grouped content that made Inferno become viable again so I switched it up.

Some might say that Meteor has a longer cooldown and mana cost, but for me, the instant cast and added DoT to proc Rain of Destruction makes it 100% better than Inferno.

InSaNiA

Arch Wizard
Characters
Platform
Android
Can you show your stats & glyphs (without buffs)?
I have two sets of gears that I always change into depending on which zone I'm in so I also have 2 sets of stats.

Its kinda blurred because I play on mobile and I have to make the image a bit bigger so you can see it, but here ya go

Note: These are without any sort of buffs and Relics, with 105 pts on Fire Talent Tree, 20 pts on Frostfire and 5 pts on Rift Bonded from Arcane Talent Tree

FOR ELDERS (inside Zorian Bountylands):
1616759258692.png

1616759180035.png1616759136801.png

FOR RAIDS (inside Heroic 25 with Lvl85 Dungeoneering):
1616759497535.png
1616759516418.png1616759538202.png

sirbabbo

Interesting in raid build with low jugg buy high health and the bounty run you have low health and high jugg.. is that meant to be? Or you focused more glyphs in the runes then in the raid build?
I run my warrior with high jugg no matter what run with 370k health. Idk maybe somehow you got the glyphs aligned up with the stars and it all combos to make your fire wizard powerful lol..

InSaNiA

Arch Wizard
Characters
Platform
Android
Last edited
Interesting in raid build with low jugg buy high health and the bounty run you have low health and high jugg.. is that meant to be? Or you focused more glyphs in the runes then in the raid build?
It's because my Raid Staff has Lifesteal and Voidstrike while my Elder Staff has Voidstrike and Juggernaut, and my Elder Belt has Juggernaut while my Raid Belt has none. I chose to have Vitality Rune on my Raid Belt rather than Juggernaut because Vitality will keep me alive on Raids.

I want to change my Elder Staff and remove that Juggernaut in there, but I haven't found any so far, so I'm sticking with it until then.

I run my warrior with high jugg no matter what run with 370k health. Idk maybe somehow you got the glyphs aligned up with the stars and it all combos to make your fire wizard powerful lol..
I'm really really really picky with my gears. Even if a Sav Haste Fire Glove is up for Sale on AH for a cheap price of 200g or heck even 1g, I won't buy it if it will ruin the balance on my current stats. So I'm the one who made those stars align lol.

Black_Cvlt

Arch Wizard
Characters
Danger Zone, Black Cvlt, Coup de Grace, Crafty Hands, High Voltage
Platform
Android, PC
Primary glyphs for wizard (build for elders) are Glory, Flux, Poise and Voidstrike. Juggernaut is not the best choice for low hp dps classes.

Reactions: Heykathster and Zaphyra
  • Likex2

IoOvOo

Wizard
Characters
loOvOo
Platform
Android, PC
Thank u for sharing! To be honest, though the build idea will help new players who just reached lvl cap for sure, it's just a normal fire wizard build (no offense). However, ur skills in raiding and combos, and all these experiences of mechanics are pretty impressive😉(y)

InSaNiA

Arch Wizard
Characters
Platform
Android
Thank u for sharing! To be honest, though the build idea will help new players who just reached lvl cap for sure, it's just a normal fire wizard build (no offense). However, ur skills in raiding and combos, and all these experiences of mechanics are pretty impressive😉(y)
Yeah. The build is very normal, more like there's no other way to build a Fire Wiz than this, glass cannon type or not. My point is that what separates a good wiz from a bad wiz is the ability to execute these mechanics and techniques 100% of the time, solo or grouped content. (hence the purpose of the video, which shows the proper execution of the said mechanics and technique paired with button smashing)

You can bulldoze through raids using overpowered gears and buffs, sure. But there will come a time when you start dying so much and end up using expensive buffs that you will really need to start paying attention to your moves, so I applaud the devs for introducing Raids. I'm really happy to find out that the usually silent, mind their own business kind of people are now voicing out on World Chat looking for a Raid Team, and are saying that Raids are the best place to become stronger (which is 100% true)

Nett

Citizen
Characters
Nett, Natt
Platform
iOS, PC
Great guide! Props for showing us under your robes 😀
I never would've thought a fire wiz could solo raids so high, on mobile no less. If this guy ever plays on PC he'll melt our server.

Reactions: Zaphyra and Heykathster
  • Likex2

Theodosius

Wizard
Characters
Ragoul Rephat
Platform
iOS
Hey guys! ExPuRoSiOn here, your friendly Lvl95 Arsonist from US2. (>^w^)>

I'm posting this guide (and more to come if this is well received) because a lot of players in our server (with Fire Wizard mains or alts) have been asking me for tips and tricks on how to become a better Fire Wizard, or at least how I've built mine. I don't really have time to talk them through about it one by one for hours since I also have some stuff to do, so I will post my thoughts here instead.

Note: This is my first time doing this and I'm not really good at expressing my thoughts, plus English is my second language so please forgive me if I said something difficult to understand. I'm trying my best to communicate lol.

KAVE
already posted a very good guide for Fire Wizard Subclass and I believe every basic thing about a Fire Wizard was already discussed there so I won't include those here. The things I will discuss here are the "sort of" advanced mechanics, based on end-game content, to better understand how a Fire Wheeze should be built/played.

The objectives of this Guide (I'm saying its a guide but I actually just want to say what I know of this class) are:

1. Fire Wizards as a subclass.
2. Purpose/role of Fire Wizards in a group setting.
3. Recommended Stats and Glyphs
4. Recommended Talents, Weapon, and Trinket Feats, and how to use them.
5. How to Solo Raid without Dying or needing to use Rezzies, Full Heals, and other premium items
6. How to Group Raid without Dying or needing to use Rezzies, Full Heals, and other premium items

#1 Fire Wizards as a Subclass
- The Fire Wizard is the DPS subclass for Wizard Class. They are the minions of RNGesus (chance to activate Volcanic Blast, chance to trigger Combustion, Chance to heal yourself with Cauterize, chance to activate Rain of Destruction, chances everywhere), set things on fire, nuke bad bois to death with a ball straight from a volcano's mouth, and drop meteors to from the sky. They are selfish and violent arsonists that do not care about the safety of other people. They bathe themselves with the blood of their enemies while rubbing mana potions on their skin to keep it nice silky smooth. As long as they can burn and kill stuff, and heal themselves while doing so, they don't care much about everything else. Ultimately, Fire Wizards have combos that, when done right, can break the damage charts and wipe out a whole group of mobs instantly without taking any damage, or at least dying.

#2 Purpose/Role of Fire Wizards in a group setting.
- This is where you will know if a Fire Wizard is a good or a bad wizard. One bad move and you kill everyone in your team. The purpose of a Fire Wiz is mainly to deal damage, coz Fire Wizzies literally have zero supporting spells (invisibility with 1 min cooldown? Nope. Inner Will? Hell Nope). But in an organized group setting such as Raids, dealing damage comes second.

On a 3-man raid group setting, your main objective is to not let your tanks and healers die. You have to know when and what spells to use, your positioning, the amount of threat you generate, and which type of mob should be prioritized.

a. "But wait, how do I not let my tanks or healers die when I don't have supporting spells?" Well, first, get to know them. Observe how well your meatshield takes damage or handles mobs. Check how well can your medics keep your team alive. If you see that your tank gets damaged easily, then don't pull anything more than they can handle and let them decide how many and when to pull. I'm pretty sure those tanks know how many mobs they can handle at a time. If you see that your healers are having a rough time keeping your tanks alive, then avoid taking damage yourself. Be mindful of your positioning and the timing of your stuns.

If the tank pulls just 1 or 2 mobs, then don't be impatient. Do not pull another 2 or 3 mobs, or else you will kill your tank, then yourself, then your healer. Then you waste everyone precious Rezzies, full pots, and time, then everyone will hate you for it, then no one will invite you to group up anymore coz you are an insensitive wizard. Then you become lonely and stick to being a blueberry farmer for your next toon/character, or worse, quit the came and tell everyone that your teammates suck.

If the healer is being attacked by a random mob even if they didn't do anything other than staying behind the tank while healing, then get that mob's attention. Stun it. Throw spells on it. Generate threat to attract its attention and if possible, pull it near your tank so your AOE spells kill the other mobs altogether. If it's not possible to pull by yourself (e.g. ranged mobs such as archers, wizards, and priests), then let your tank know that he must try to pull it, or pull the other mobs near it instead, or just kill it by yourself. If you let your healer die, your tank will die, then everyone dies, then the blame game will commence.

b. You have to know when to throw spells and where you should position yourself. Smashing buttons and watching the damage charts go up feels very nice, sure. But generating more threat than your tank is not good, you will end up killing yourself. And if you die, your team will have a hard time dealing with the mobs while you try to get back and regroup with them from death, or worse, you end up using precious Rezzies, full pots, and buffs then realizing you ran out of time to finish the raid/elder run. Then everyone is pissed.

Staying behind the tank is good, yeah. Staying near the healer is good, ok. BUT, take note, there are mobs that like to ignore the tank and prefer the rear. So when your group is going to enter a new room/set of mobs, stay back as far as you can to not attract the attention of the mobs and let the tanks do their mating call, but at the same time, stay as near as you can so you get to respond immediately and start throwing spells after your tank attracts all of them

c. Everyone always seems to focus on the bounty/boss, thinking that those big bad bois must go down first before their lackeys when in truth it should be the other way around. Almost everyone doesn't know this (or just don't pay attention to it) but bosses deal way less damage than their lackeys. Bosses are just meatshields that don't do anything other than intimidate you and make you think you should kill them first. But NO. You must, and you always must, kill the small fries first (EXCEPT, if the boss has Soul Link or Cyclone affixes, then bring them down asap, 100% of the time) because they are the ones that have a 100% chance to obliterate your team if left unattended (especially those marksman hunter mobs, OMG I hate them so much). And this is where Fire Wizards shine the most, in my opinion, because #1 You have Volcanic Blast and Combust that can literally 1 shot the poor mob, #2 You have 4 AOE spells/feats (Inferno, Meteor, Raid of Destruction, and Fire Burst) that can easily wipe out big groups of ads in a matter of seconds, and #3 You have a low cooldown AOE stun (Fire Burst) that can stun-lock groups of mobs, making them very easy to handle.

But all of those things above would be very hard to execute if your Fire Wizard isn't well equipped with Stats and Glyphs.

#3 Recommended Stats and Glyphs

- For stats, it's fairly straight forward:

a. Fire Power (primary) - increases the effects of your spells by %. This influences the orange/red numbers on your Fire spell tooltips. It also increases the amount of heal your Cauterize gives. This is why Cauterize heals you much more inside raids than outside, due to bonus Fire Power given by your Dungeoneering
b. Cooldown reduction (primary)- if you have a very low cooldown, you can throw more spells per minute, giving you higher chances of triggering Glyphs, Cauterize, Volcanic Blast, and Rain of Destruction.
c. Attack Speed (primary)- make you attack way faster, not only normal or auto-attacks, but also affects your spell casting time. If you have high att spd, you get to throw a normal attack in between spells, and you have reduced casting time (casting time is how long your wizard needs to raise its staff to throw Inferno or Scorching Burn. Trust me, it takes forever to throw those two spells if you have very low att spd. or have an att spd debuff such as Webbed from Spiders, or Toxins from Brutes in Mulgrew Swamp raid)
d. Critical Chance (primary)- gives you a certain % chance of making your damaging spells/debuffs critically hit. This also applies to your Damage Over Time spells like Set Ablaze. The higher your % chance to critically strike, the higher your total damage is, the higher your chances of gaining a Rain of Destruction charge (when it reaches to 5 charges then you get to hear a deafening noise and see little orange pebbles fall from the sky LOL)
e. Critical Damage (primary)- increases the amount of damage your critical strikes do by a certain %. The higher crit dmg you have, the higher dmg you deal, the faster you kill stuff. Simple as that.
f. Armor, Magic Resistance, and Vitality/Health (secondary) - If you don't have these Stats on a decent amount and grow up as a glass cannon, then enjoy getting 1 shot on lvl95 Elder runs. Or see yourself getting solo killed by a mere marksman mob on a Bellamere Palace raid, or see your head get smashed by a rock thrown by those cooks in the Palace Kitchen. You can't do your job of dealing as much damage as you can if you die immediately when the battle starts. You need to have enough resistances to survive huge bursts of damage from enemies or take several hits for 2 or 3 seconds while waiting for your AOE stun to come off cooldown.
g. Mana, Mana Regen, Mana Efficiency (tertiary) - this needs a serious overhaul (Hi Devs lol) so just ignore it and keep chugging mana pots. Abuse/Utilize Arcane Alacrity, Mind Spark, Zephyrs Enclave, Scornyxes, and Rift Bonded talent from Arcane Talent Tree for mana sustainability.
h. Health Regen (bruh, don't)- just forget about it. Don't even think about putting this filth anywhere on your gears. You have Cauterize, an instant heal, which will keep you at full health 99% of the time.
i. Ice Power (uuuhhmmm, No. Please.) - you are a fire wiz with absolutely zero ice spells, why would you even consider this? SHAME ON YOU (don't get me wrong, I love my Ice Wizards friends. They are the epitome of Loyalty and Faith. Even if they know Ice Wizards are meh, they still stick to it and have faith that someday the devs will listen to their cries xD)

- For Glyphs, a bit complex, needs serious consideration/planning:

a. Glory (primary)
- directly increases your Fire Power and resistances by a certain % per charge, up to 5 charges. Having a decent amount of Glory compensates the loss/lack of armor and magic resistance on your build. This is also highly recommended on raids, especially at Solo.
b. Flux (primary)- directly increases your firepower for 30 seconds after spending 1500 mana. On Events Zones, Raids, and Elder Runs, this glyph is constantly activated due to the amount of mana you use. Mana fire has a base mana cost of 625 per shot. so just throw 3 Mana Fires then voila, you have Flux activated
c. Voidstrike (primary)- 5% chance to % deal bonus damage, which completely ignores resistances, based on the damage dealt by your single target spell upon use. So imagine using a Volcanic Blast + Voidstrike proc + Juggernaut proc + Onslaught dmg bonus + Brutal Force on a mob. *drools and cries tears of joy* (The highest damage I've dealt with this combo is 910k on raids, 757k on lvl95 elders)
d. Poise (tertiary on Solo setting, primary on group setting) - directly increases your firepower by a certain % as long as your current health stays above 95%. If you don't get damaged too often, especially in a group setting, then this is the way to go. But if you like to Solo raids then forget about this and get Juggernaut instead
e. Juggernaut (secondary) - 5% chance to deal % bonus damage based on your current health. This is great if you have high Health (250k to 300k maybe)
f. Onslaught (secondary) - you deal bonus dmg on an enemy above a certain % health threshold. This is great with Volcanic Blast, since you get to 1 shot a poor mob, or deal significant damage on a bounty/boss/elder with it
g. Lifesteal (tertiary) - 15% chance to gain health based on the amt of damage you dealt on an enemy. Not really that useful since Cauterize has greater chances of activating and heals way high health, but having a bit of a lifesteal is good, esp. on Solo raids. It gives you a cute hp sustain.
h. Berserk/Blasting/Shielding (useless) - as a fire wiz, your duty is to deal damage, not receive them. So I don't recommend these things, even in a Solo setting. You won't even get to activate them 50% of the time.
i. Magic Find (so-so)- great for looking for better drops and getting your hopes up, then breaking your heart because the Natural Legendary Ring drop you found has a Mana, Mana Regen, Berserk, and Onslaught on it. DISGUSTING AS VOMIT ON HIS SWEATER ALREADY MOM'S SPAGHETTI

#4 Recommended Talents, Weapon and Trinket feats/spells, and how to use them (Considering you have done all five rebirths and have a total of 130 talent pts to spare)
a. For Solo Set-Up
- On your Staff: Fireball, Fireburst, Combust, Meteor, Scorching Burn, Mana Fire, Arcane Alacrity
- On your Trinkets: Brutal Force + Zephyr's Enclave (I can't recommend anything other than these two, they're just too good and works VERY WELL with Fire Wizard spells and spell combos. I will discuss this later on)
- On your Talents: Max the whole Fire Talent Tree (105 pts), then Max the Rift Bonded Talent (15 pts, for mana sustainability) and the rest goes to Frostfire (10pts, gives a very nice boost on your damage) from Arcane Talent Tree, Note: You can interchange this depending on your taste/playstyle. or even pick up the other Arcane Talents, but trust me, Sorcerer's Will, Master of the Arcane and Kalisar's Vitality are useless, for me at least, even at Solo Raids

b. For Group Set-Up
- On your Staff: Fireball, Fireburst, Combust, Meteor, Inferno, Mana Fire, Arcane Alacrity
- On your Trinkets: Brutal Force + Zephyr's Enclave
- On your Talents: Max the whole Fire Talent Tree (105 pts), then Max the Rift Bonded Talent (15 pts, for mana sustainability) and the rest goes to Frostfire (10pts, gives a very nice boost on your damage) from Arcane Talent Tree, Note: You can interchange this depending on your taste/playstyle.

- So how do I use these spells/feats
a. When dealing with a single bounty/boss - start off with Combust then Mana Fire (to activate Combustion and Volcanic Blast), then Fireball(Volcanic Blast if you are lucky). If the bounty/boss reaches you without dying, stun it with Fireburst, then continue throwing Combust and Fireball. Rinse n repeat

b. When dealing with a group of mobs with a bounty - start off with Fireball to attract/aggro them all. Mobs tend to compress or stick near to each other when they are angry. When they do, pull them all in the same spot, stun them with Fireburst, then activate Brutal Force and throw Inferno and Meteor. Then proceed to kill the small fries first using single target fire spells (prioritizing the hunters and wizards since they deal huge dmg and give debuffs). By the time they recover from being stunned, your Fireburst is almost refreshed/done with cooldown so cast it again to stun-lock them and continue throwing spells to finish them off. Rinse n repeat.

c. If by chance that the group of mobs is tough, such as in Heroic Raids, then start off by activating Arcane Alacrity, Destructive Forces (Spellbook), Zephyr's Enclave then run in the middle of the group with Blazing Speed. Once you get their attention and they start to gather/gang up on you, do the ultimate wombo-combo below

Before Engagement: Arcane Alacrity, Destructive Forces, Zephyr's Enclave
- this is to get more dmg, high att spd, and cd reduc, giving you way less cooldown and casting time on so you get to stun lock the whole group with Fireburst while throwing Inferno and Meteor

During Engagement (1st Combo): Fireburst > Brutal Force > Inferno > Meteor
- doing this will immediately deal huge AOE dmg to the whole group, and Brutal Force gives you 100% chance to critically strike with those AOEs and the DoT's they give, which then activates your Rain of Destruction, causing more AOE dmg. By the end of this combo, your Fireburst should be back from cooldown so you can then proceed to next combo

During Engagement (2nd Combo): Fireburst > Mindspark > Arcane Alacrity > Brutal Force > Inferno > Meteor > Zephyr's Enclave > Barrage of single target spells
- activating Zephyr's Enclave right after casting Brutal Force, Mind Spark, and Arcane Alacrity will immediately remove 40% of their current cooldown. So if your Mind Spark has 2 min cd, it removes 48 seconds from it instantly, so you only need to wait for 1min 12sec instead. The same goes for Brutal Force and Arcane Alacrity. Plus, the bonus/addt'l cd reduction boost for a 20-second duration is nice while trying to finish off the remainder of the group using single target spells paired with Fireburst

The combo may sound absurd, try-hard, over the top, very complicated and whatnot, but that's how the spells are supposed to work, as far as I know. I'm pretty sure the veteran Fire Wizards know better than me, I've only played mine for a year.

#5 & 6. Well anyway, to see is to believe in this game. People won't believe anything you say that easily unless you show them some sort of proof. So I will be posting videos of myself how to raid as a Fire Wizard soon, without the need of using Rezzies, Full Pots, and other premium consumable items such as Rage Pots (I'm frequently accused of using Rage Pots, and honestly, I don't. Not even once have I used those).

Meanwhile, here is the video of me doing a Heroic 24 The Chanteuse's Rookery Solo Raid. Shout out to HeyKaas for video bombing my recording LOL

Let me know your thoughts/insights. Maybe I forgot something that you think should've been included in this very small confusing guide I made. Or maybe I just disclosed something I shouldn't have that the Devs might adjust/nerf it on the next patch rofl. Thanks for reading!
Wow, Your methods for maximizing dps are very impressive. I’m excited to swap my gear and runes to see how well your suggestions work.
even as a fire wiz, I do love using the lvl 99 ice flow rune as a persistent health regen. But I’m going to replace it with an aoe rune.
Thanks for the great build guide

• Likex2

Raelin

Lumineer
Royal Guardian
Characters
Raelin, Shandri Blaze, Kayle Fyrefly
Platform
iOS, Android
Great guide Exp! This is pretty much my build also, except I forego inferno for scorching burn. Lead with scorching burn to reduce enemy magic res/armor (and because of high casting time) and then enter everything you wrote above. I also don’t have talents in mana, put them in arcane alacrity for the boost to savagery and use alllll the mana pots! Haha. I’ve been pleasantly surprised at how well my “squishy” fire wiz can handle raids. They are really fun and versatile!

• Likex2

InSaNiA

Arch Wizard
Characters
Platform
Android
This post was slightly updated. Will start posting raid videos once raids come back.

Reactions: Heykathster
  • Likex1