IrishElf

Citizen
Forum Moderator
Platform
PC
Tonight we tried to do the 95 Elders, similar group as before (no shaman this time) but after only 2 Elders this is what was on the chat box. Names were blocked for obvious reasons. But this was only 2 Elders we did. My toon had 3 chilled heart so damage was reduced for her bt 30%.
V&H 95 elders.jpg
Can you please revisit the damage, the chilled blood, the timers (way way too short).
Thank you

Reactions: BadgerReborn and Rohana
  • Likex1
  • Wowx1

Zazie

BRA Member
Royal Guardian
Characters
Zazie, Shiny, Skip, Auntie
Platform
PC
Ouch.

This is the kind of thing that makes me wish I could seriously reduce the amount of XP I get and how ridiculously quickly my toons level up combat. (In other words, this kind of unnecessary struggle at the end-game elders is exactly why I was entirely avoiding end game for about 5 years!)

I don't see myself voluntarily joining that kind of a suicide mission for as long as I can avoid it. That is nothing resembling my idea of fun. :(

Reactions: Myst
  • Likex1

Giruv

Merchant
Characters
Verrier
Platform
PC
Last edited
Which elder did that? The only one that i've seen similar amount of deaths is the one that reverse healing into damage

Seawolf

Servant of Mallok
Platform
Android
I can only speak to the ones I've attended on us3 since the Monday patch, but everything seems to be about the same. One point of note, we do struggle more when we have a large number of people participating. We've run 20+ before and it wasnt unusual for most of one of the groups to die. So, when it has been possible, we've resorted to running 95 elders at 2 different times when we had the healers to do so. The runs go much better with just a single group or 2 (unless we have a few folks that are under geared obviously.)

Sinjin

Jack Of All Trades
Platform
iOS
I concur. All elder dungy bosses (including the 95 elders) scale poorly. Some are worse than others (Im looking at you Maggwood, Josephine and especially Corpus), but all of them go into ‘hell-mode’ above 21 players.

Sorry 95 elders sucked... right now, they’re good fun at times when the lag isn’t bad.

Allison Wonderland

Priestess
Royal Guardian
Platform
PC
I love the 95's. Just like mini dungeons. There is that one bad dude that does take a couple down.. he gets a little too mad. I agree on the number running. It seems like 2 parties work fairly well.

SprigOfHalcyon

Master Farmer
Royal Guardian
Platform
Android, PC
I've noticed two things that seem like bugs:

1. On Jacinda, if the person with aggro on the "real" Jacinda dies in the part right at the end when she's teleporting around so much, and nobody hits the right one really quickly, then she will start healing back up, many % per second (as if the fight has reset, seen the same from Benedicta back before the clone change).

2. On Hox, he will Aegis (maybe because he is stuck on his melee minion) once in a while.

US2 has never had that large numbers, though. We've had 2 parties at most.

SprigOfHalcyon

Master Farmer
Royal Guardian
Platform
Android, PC
but wait... you had a party that large and didn't have a single priest with AoE cure who could clear the chilled blood?

Any priest or any shaman can put on a necklace with cure on it and do single target. So, it could be slow, but it could be cleared as long as you have one of either.

Joleen

BRA Member
Royal Guardian
Characters
Kavita, Katona, Chephirah, Avani, Lash LaRue
Platform
Android, PC
I saw at least two separate groups on US2 report glitchy behavior on the upper elders yesterday. Both mentioned the timers and lurid death.

Sinjin

Jack Of All Trades
Platform
iOS
1. On Jacinda, if the person with aggro on the "real" Jacinda dies in the part right at the end when she's teleporting around so much, and nobody hits the right one really quickly, then she will start healing back up, many % per second (as if the fight has reset, seen the same from Benedicta back before the clone change).
In my experience, it has nothing to do with a player death. Hit the real Jacinda, you damage Jacinda; hit a clone, you heal Jacinda.

If there is anything that just seems too difficult is that the swaps in the last 10% are just too fast and it relies on having people do everything almost exactly perfectly (for gold). The only guaranteed strat I’ve seen is to have a dps on each, using auto attack when she swaps to determine if their target is real or a clone. If yours is a clone, don’t dps it. If yours is real, burn it. Don’t bother trying to swap in the last 10%, just quit hitting yours if it is a clone.

2. On Hox, he will Aegis (maybe because he is stuck on his melee minion) once in a while.
Yeah, we’ve had this happen more than once. If Hox gets too far, Hox gets two aegis and you have to reset. We’ve taken to dragging Hox less far and being more careful with AoEs and it seems to work.

SprigOfHalcyon

Master Farmer
Royal Guardian
Platform
Android, PC
In my experience, it has nothing to do with a player death. Hit the real Jacinda, you damage Jacinda; hit a clone, you heal Jacinda.
Woah, hitting clones heals jacinda?!?! I did not know that!

SprigOfHalcyon

Master Farmer
Royal Guardian
Platform
Android, PC
Yeah, we’ve had this happen more than once. If Hox gets too far, Hox gets two aegis and you have to reset. We’ve taken to dragging Hox less far and being more careful with AoEs and it seems to work.
Oo, you drag hox somewhere? Where do you drag him?

We have not tried dragging him. We get this just fighting where he spawns.

SprigOfHalcyon

Master Farmer
Royal Guardian
Platform
Android, PC
Woah, hitting clones heals jacinda?!?! I did not know that!
Ok, I went in and tried, not super information, but I went in, brought Jacinda down to 88%, then she spawned clones. I went aroudn the circle, found the real one, she was still 88%.

The clones are all attacking me, and taking reflective damage and stuff, and I start wailing on the clone to real Jacinda's left as hard as I can. She goes down to 85%, I look back at jacinda, still 88%.

Then... I died. I'll try at least one more time, but it at least doesn't seem like she heals from hitting clones.

SprigOfHalcyon

Master Farmer
Royal Guardian
Platform
Android, PC
Tried again, I did same thing, at 88, she spawned clones, I wailed on the clone next to the real one, the clone went down to 75, the real Jacinda: nothing, (in fact, she went down to 87 from reflect and all). I did one more cycle, took her down to 76, she spawned clones, I took the cone to 70, and no change in real Jacinda.

It could be that you are correct for later in the process, but I have seen nothing to indicate hitting clones heals the real Jacinda.

Maybe killing the clone heals her? (But I con't think that, because the clones are getting killed all the time at the end)

I also don't know if I've seen a Jacinda run where she heals significantly and we didn't have a lot of death, so I think it's still the "boss thinks nobody is there" "bug". Interested to see if you can find out for certain, though!

Sinjin

Jack Of All Trades
Platform
iOS
I’m not the leading authority in our server, but let me try to explain it as I understand it.

You wail on Jacinda and she takes dmg, lowering her health. When she spawns her clones, she will gain health. I believe the additional health she gains is not a regen, it’s based on the amount of dmg done to the clones.

Again, I dont have any special insight other than ”Damage the real Jacinda more (and damage the clones less) seems to be the fastest way to finish.”

SprigOfHalcyon

Master Farmer
Royal Guardian
Platform
Android, PC
I checked with Mark, he said he thinks that you are right and hitting the clones does heal Jacinda, but only at the end of the fight (last 10%?). That is completely different than the strategy I had been pursuing which is: at the end, everybody takes 2 clones and just kills them as hard as they can (check clone 1, if real, stay, if not, attack clone 2, by the time you've figured if clone 2 is real, she's switched again!)

IrishElf

Citizen
Forum Moderator
Platform
PC
but wait... you had a party that large and didn't have a single priest with AoE cure who could clear the chilled blood?
No priest correct, but the 3 other times we had no priest either and it didn't create all the deaths you see above. All those deaths were for 6 players.
No, we had 6, which should not have been an issue, it wasn't before.

On Hox, he will Aegis (maybe because he is stuck on his melee minion) once in a while.
Yes, I'm not sure why he goes into aegis but we had him do that too. He should not have, he moved himself and went into aegis.