Sarah Otter

Mad Otter Games
Developer
patchnotes_banner.jpg
DRAGONS, DRAGONS, DRAGONS!!! Oh, and an awesome new holiday patch filled with new quests, new outfits, a few other little surprises, oh, and, did we mention the dragons yet? :LOL:

Here are the Patch Notes for the new build!

*The special Charity pet mentioned in the livestream will not be available for a few more days.

xXUndeadSoulXx

Mighty Warrior
Platform
iOS
Look promising but looks like they killed some integral features, and iOS players like me are now a little in the dust.. But the Pros are nice! :)

Lill

Adventurer
Characters
Lillita, Lill, Lita, Lill07, Lill83, Lil83, Lill2020
Platform
PC
Will take a look at it all after work tomorrow and I really like the forum, great job guys(y) :)

xXUndeadSoulXx

Mighty Warrior
Platform
iOS
The game says there’s an update and if I can’t see it to restart my device which I’ve done twice, any help? Maybe it’s not there quite yet? Idk.. iPhone app update not there

xXUndeadSoulXx

Mighty Warrior
Platform
iOS
Okay so how long until the update is finished? Approximately.. because I really wanna play just like everyone else and I got the app updated but I guess there’s still patches and updates being made..

Ivar Hill

Mad Otter Games
Developer
Okay so how long until the update is finished? Approximately.. because I really wanna play just like everyone else and I got the app updated but I guess there’s still patches and updates being made..
We do not have an ETA currently, sorry about that. Suffice to say we're working as hard as we can to get it out as soon as possible :)

Rohesia

Priestess
Platform
Steam
Good looking forums. Shame about the zog bags and motes, though - hopefully you can one day return them to the way they were without fear of cheating.

Reactions: Fylohira
  • Likex1

Seawolf

Servant of Mallok
Platform
Android
  • The Zog Crown Purse has been removed and replaced with a Zog Helping Horn, which grants 10 charges of Clockwork Harvesting and 10 Charges of Bounty Hunter.
  • All Motes of Yorick found while gathering are now Account Bound.
Wow. :( That removes a few more sources for making gold.

Reactions: Kingcake and LadyNirvana
  • Likex2

Panthera

Grand Priestess
Platform
Android, PC, Steam
Ivar (or Sarah) noticed a slight problem with the patch notes link, the mode switch covers part of the last line (is it possible to add a couple blank lines after the last line so that it can be read)

partially covered patch note.PNG

Reactions: Fylohira and Littlenymph
  • Likex2

Ivar Hill

Mad Otter Games
Developer
On iOS redemption codes:
Apple stopped our build process and would not let us push the Christmas build until this issue was resolved. Meaning there was absolutely nothing we could do about it. The reason Apple has a rule like this is to prevent greedy developers from selling keys to their players through back channels, thus cutting Apple out of their rightful share of the profits. Other gift methods are acceptable, just not specifically redeem codes. As stated, we will be adding a new system of giving at a later date.

On Motes:
Motes were one of the reason that players were bot farming gathering. They would take the motes and sell them to other players. This polluted the economy, cheapened the hard work of players who were actually playing the game, and hurt sales of Motes in the store. However we like the fact that Motes are found while gathering - it creates a nice pairing with crafting and is a premium reward for participating in all forms of gameplay, so we didn't want to outright remove them. However something had to be done against the botters and so a middle ground was to make the Motes account bound. That way those who rightfully earned the motes can use them, but the botters can no longer turn a profit.

On Zogs:
Zog Crown bags were removed for a similar reason to the Mote change, exploiters. We initially added the Zog Crown purse as a nice perk to playing the combat side of the game. We expected a little bit of player farming, though we expected it to be legitimate. What we have seen is a series of illegitimate gameplay where players were able to gather these by exploits. This created cases where cheaters were able to gain access to every premium item in the game at no cost, and were even able to trade these items out to other players in some cases. This cheapens the premium items in the game, is unfair to those that do choose to support the game, and hurts the game as a whole. For these reasons we couldn't let this activity continue and so had to make the change.

Synsamia / Miso Wong

Jack Of All Trades
Characters
Synsamia/Miso Wong/ Nozno Wong
Platform
iOS
Ivar keep up the great work. We all know it takes time, but at the same time we pacing to get back in the game. The changes had to be made but that’s ok the game will go on. On the dragons great addition to the game, but I’m already a service Dragon willing to help new and old alike. The new forum looks great. Thanks again for all y’alls hard work day in and day out...Have a merry Christmas and a happy New Year.