Heykathster

Squirrel
Characters
Kaasan, Heyboo, Daanger, Ok Bumi
Platform
iOS, PC
Last edited
I have a shadow priest level 95 and a water shammy level 91. Both are raided to level 20 in raids (almost- shammy is 19s on rook, palace and cloister) and I have some suggestions.

1. Any raidable toon should be able to solo any raid level that is equivalent to their dungeoneering. If a level 20 holy priest hits level 20 dungeoneering, they should be able to solo level 20 raids. (by solo I mean without forced use of rezzies and without spending 50 full heals from ez (which a 95 hunter raids-queen I know, who is level 21 dungeoneering, recently did on 21 prince in order to finally beat it solo out of desperation.) Any level of priest, hunter, sham, wiz, or warior with level 20 dungeoneering needs be able to somewhat comfortably solo a level 20 cloister. By somewhat comfortably I mean, it should be managed on unlimited grindable buffs alone- breakfasts, grallas, mana, potions, rolls, etc. It needs to be clearly possible for anyone who has done the dungeoneering grind. That grind on it's own is difficult enough and should be respected.)

2. Mini bosses (and main) should have a predictable pattern of mechanics. Players should be able to know what they are up against- cheynor killshot, for example, if he is going to be a lightning shielder, needs to always be a lightning shielder. Just like mother and father are always templar. When a raider in rook avoids lyceum because they know, based on their own class abilities, that they cannot win the raid and fight a double hp superboss that usually lurks in there, ... only to stumble upon a double hp superboss surprise when they go to kill the lyricist across the hall... man that's just morale killing. And makes you want to throw in the towel right then and there. Esepcially for trickier, squishier toons that are stretching their brains in every possible way in order to raid to begin with.

3. Raid boosts purchased with ducats should be more effective. If players are spending their precious ducats for a boost on a solo raid, it should also almost guarantee (under normal circumstances) success in that specific boosted area. For example, purchasing a speed boost needs to get a player to the end with enough time to kill the boss, regardless of player class. Purchasing a defensive raids boost should virtually eliminate the need to rez/spam ez heals on yourself again regardless of player class. The player who purchases marats strength should be free to have more options of which bosses/directions they choose to go because, for example, they are confident that they can kill a super hp miniboss and can strategize their own class weaknesses differently on that raid run. And the exp buff should ONLY apply to dungeoneering exp. (if you're like me and sometimes get turned around in cloister and wander lost for 3 minutes... that is NOT ideal circumstances and that is not what Im talking about... this should be under normal raiding circumstances. player skill issues are just things ppl like me have to manage on our own.)

4. Aegis (or whatever it is) : When an NPC goes aegis, there needs to be an extremely obvious tell- like he turns green. Because there are enough weird bugs/things that cause bizarre aegis that it needs to be seriously addressed. At minimum once a raid, I find myself slamming on a miniboss or a boss, juggling necklaces, and my maces... watching my health and making sure it is high enough for the upcoming stun.... only to eventually notice that the boss is aegis for some unexplained and unpredictable reason (and has been for who knows how long.) That's the kind of thing that makes you want to cry. Especially when you're watching every second on that clock, knowing you have only 6 minutes to get all the achievements done in the cloister garden... stressing as that clock slowly drops and you finally realize that you aren't webbed but your spider is aegis? or something? I mean... that's just soul murdering right there.

I have tried to solo level 20 cloister on my shammy 6 times in a row today and twice in a row yesterday. I purchased a speed boost and used wind speed. I have used every trick in my bags- (super tank run speed, water axe's tidal wave garden bugs pull, lulling breeze, etc and etc and etc)... and I still timed out every time/didn't manage to kill Ravelle once! I am DETERMINED but that doesn't seem to be enough. I am only level 17 dungeoneering, so I am now grinding her up to level 20 but, if at level 20 dungeoneering, I still cannot solo cloister on my pretty decently high damage level 91 earth shammy.... Im calling raids officially broken. Because I have done everything I can dream up to get her through it. And this is my last hail mary. I'll be in rook if anyone needs me, grinding dungeoneering until my eyes bleed.... cuz raids goals.

Black_Cvlt

Arch Wizard
Characters
Danger Zone, Black Cvlt, Coup de Grace, Crafty Hands, High Voltage
Platform
Android, PC
I have tried to solo level 20 cloister on my shammy 6 times in a row today and twice in a row yesterday. I purchased a speed boost and used wind speed.
Can we see your shammy talent/stat build?

I am only level 17 dungeoneering, so I am now grinding her up to level 20 but, if at level 20 dungeoneering, I still cannot solo cloister on my pretty decently high damage level 91 earth shammy
Dungeoneering is almost useless. You won't get enough spell power from +3 dungeoneering levels.

Andreana

Jack Of All Trades
Characters
Andreana
Platform
Android, PC
Well personally I'm here to rant a bit too haha (yes Kaas haha I'm here to support you too :p).
Oh boy, Palace has been my nightmare since level 7, it's the raid I died most in on solo. I had to make a completely new set of equips just to make sure I can do raids (basically more armor/magic resist/vigor/will - which I used to cover the Blight runes that I have on my Blight equips. This way I earn my defense without losing much of my offense.)

{This is irrelevant to raids, but as other people had suggested in game before, we wish the anti-debuff for zones should be sold at vendor as enchanments, that way no one need to lose their shivergear every time they accidentally sold them or lost them in vaults especially on mobile. Plus Devs do not need to get rid of debuff on zones like Pyrron. Still remember (not so clearly) that I spent my medallions to buy those just for them to go 'kapoof' after an update.}

Ok, back to raids.
Any raidable toon should be able to solo any raid level that is equivalent to their dungeoneering. -heykathster
Dungeoneering is almost useless. -Black_Cvlt
Personally I find this *sighs*. LOL what's the point of putting dungeoneering there? Just for sport? The buffs should at least help players to go through raids as is said on the description. I made it balance after being advice to do so, and yes I do get more dungeoneering bonus when I do higher level raids, but they are so puny even after level 20, I had to ask myself why am I even leveling it. I find higher levels are a bit of a torture at this point, even when we succeeded doing lvl 26 raids etc. (Party of 3).

Mini bosses (and main) should have a predictable pattern of mechanics.
Well random affix is nice and all since it brings unpredictability, but some of them are just plain ridiculous, especially on solo raids. If I may quote from a different post,

15) Remove some of the affixes. Chilled Blood. Oh boy. In solo unless you are a class with cure feat, this is just so infuriating. Ever got to a boss with 4 stacks of this bad boy? On low scales that might work but at higher tiers, you just get one shot due to having -40% Health (and Mana). Nothing you can do about it. Just remove it from solo (maybe even from the game). Steeled/Missile Dampener/ Magic Resistant (cant recall its name). These are just yet again so so unfun. In solo if your damage type matches their defense enjoy a plus few minutes of fighting (or maybe even a fail due to not having enough time). There is no counter play here, it's just a boring affix, even in group context it might penalize some of the group. Affixes should make you play differently, they should have some counterplay to them. I'm fine having Bolstered for example even though it's the same as this 3, but at least it doesn't penalize just one damage type but does all. But no need to have more of this type of affixes. - Dawnfire
I forgot what level of cloister I was at when I soloed that I got to 3 stacks by the time I got to Ravelle. I was sweating bullets by the time I got the second, so just imagine when I got the third. I was panicking like crazy haha. There should be a way to deal with the affix in the dungeon itself, like it did for mana maggot. (Fungi only available after 3 stacks of mana maggots - ty Arc for info).
Plus the massive affix on Prince especially is just plain annoying and is a guarantee to overtime especially on higher levels.
Some of his affixes are dangerous (like the one that ignore part of your armor, those that increase his damage and/or crit rate) Some can be safely ignored (like the -75% of your health when he dies) And some are just a guarantee to fail your run (that +50% hp, or those which increase his resistance by 30%) - forgot who it was in Polls channel, Official Discord
4. Aegis (or whatever it is) : When an NPC goes aegis, there needs to be an extremely obvious tell- like he turns green.
I agree with this, or preferably, just fix it lol. I think some even go to permanent aegis if you end up pulling them too far too many times (2x maybe is what I'm counting at). Yes, as in until the end of the raid in which you don't have any other choice but to cancel the raid altogether.

Why am I pulling them you ask? It's because it's my survival/time chasing strategy. At level 21 palace, we get the same time, but with more bosses etc. Where do I get the extra time when I'm squishy enough as it is (Nature hunter lvl 95) and my stun (marks feats) keeps lagging after being stunned by mobs nonstop? Of course I killed the mobs 2-3 of them at a time, but when time is ticking sometimes I panic and try to do the impossible. Of course serpent feat helps on large aoe mobs, but high cd, even with zephyr and flute cd.

As for relics, I like some of them while others need some improvement. Take motherly embrace for example. It's a waste of mana lol The bosses hardly looked 'webbed'. Don't even talk about the low damage. As for rage, the stun penalty sure is something. It's appropriate I supposed, but have to time it right when using. The summons are something else. LOL Mo for example, went ahead of me and starts kiting like 4-5 mobs+mini bosses (Accidentally summoned him at palace 21). As he run ahead I was like, 'OMG! MO!!!' (the rest of my thoughts are omitted). They have high cd too and can barely tank once you aggro over them. I sometimes call them out just because lol But personally I prefer ones like healing or the ogre over summons.
My suggestion tho, since we are getting so many useless relic drops lol is, if we can merge them to make them higher level? Like need 20 of inferior to turn it into a common, and so on. I won't mind collecting them if I can make sure my relics can be higher grade faster instead of waiting for a random drop.

Heykathster

Squirrel
Characters
Platform
iOS, PC
Can we see your shammy talent/stat build?
I have tried so many different builds... adjusting just for cloister after every time out. Im not sure it will be helpful... desperate times. Just ran it again with a 95 ice wiz and 95 healer and ofc... crap happened. got turned around, no arrow in the beginning, another stupid spider went egis... and we .. timed out. 7th time today. heaven help me.

Heykathster

Squirrel
Characters
Platform
iOS, PC
My suggestion tho, since we are getting so many useless relic drops lol is, if we can merge them to make them higher level? Like need 20 of inferior to turn it into a common, and so on. I won't mind collecting them if I can make sure my relics can be higher grade faster instead of waiting for a random drop.
[/QUOTE]
^^ this girl can freaking raid. let me tell you. (she's the hunter raids-queen I mentioned in post above) and she has serious skills. You should see her pull prince just so... but andi this idea is genius here here!

ripcord

Wizard
Characters
ripcord
Platform
iOS
I can vouch kaasan is one of the top players on US2 and while her build might not be perfect for Cloister raid (or maybe it is) she’s got one of the best priests and shamans on our server.

I was the ice wiz on that raid and yeah, we made one mistake that cost us 2-3 minutes. We will try again after the update and I’m sure we can get it.

Still it is very annoying that the affixes change- for example if I knew a particular bounty has chilled blood I would avoid it on solo since I don’t have cure. Totally agree with heykathster here.

When I run cloister solo I don’t have much trouble with time yet, because I have blazing speed and I just chug mana pots. But I can definitely see how classes that don’t have it (especially priests) have little chance.

I also agree there should be some mechanic dealing with all the extra relics. Maybe shatter them into shards and then we can craft them into a player created relic? This way devs can make permanent player made relics and they know what they are... not too powerful but something to give players a boost in a new season, for those that spent resources in raids before.

Andreana

Jack Of All Trades
Characters
Andreana
Platform
Android, PC
LOL Kaas. Don't mind her. She likes to brag about her friends and we are partners in crime when it comes to raids haha.

Agree with ripcord on kaas.
Outside of raids, she's a high shadow dps, she changed to healer on kaas and tank on her shammy just to make party raids easier for the rest of us. As said in the other post, a lot of people lost a lot of resources just to accommodate raids play. Shadows changing to holy, Fury changing to lightning or vice versa. Not to mention all the full heals (thank god we have xmas ez biscuits this time), rezzies, mana pots (premium, blueberries, scornyx), and god knows what else they use.
I personally lost 50 ez full heals + near 10 rezzies coz prince went crazy at the last few % of his health (yes, still that 21 palace lol, I haven't done any solo since).

Thx Kaas for liking the idea haha. Agree again with ripcord on permanent relics. At this point we have started to rely on the relics and most of us still don't want to think how we'd cope after losing them (some might disagree with this). I personally love the cd flute. It pushes my cd to over 43% and I love aoe stun all over the place lol. Well whatever the devs wants to do, either shards or just the combining relics itself, I hope those things stacks lol. The current relics don't stack and they are taking space and the only option left is to thrash them. I only keep one extra replica of my rare relics so far (no epics yet for me).

Well for now, will try the new raids team fix.